Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 226

I have found that renko repaints when there is a reversal, It made the backtesting unreliable. I have found StepChart1.7 script to be more reliable. Anyone here has this script? Please share. I need in the script form because I would like to backtest. Thank you.

superblacksmith:
I have found that renko repaints when there is a reversal, It made the backtesting unreliable. I have found StepChart1.7 script to be more reliable. Anyone here has this script? Please share. I need in the script form because I would like to backtest. Thank you.

Hi SuperBlackSmith,

Here is script version for backtest, but the problem is that it doesn't have "enable wicks" support.

By default I have edited it to run on 15 pips renko bars, but you can change it.

Here you go.

Best Regards,

Nims

Files:

Renko charts are my most favourite and it looks simply beautiful. The only problem with renko is that you can not do back test with it. Is there any reliable back-test method to be used for Renko? Can anyone suggest please?

hehehe first you say that it can not be backtested and then ask if there is a method.....

Use google to discover Renko backtest methods, there are several good articles that tell exactly how to do it.

Pipshikari:
Renko charts are my most favourite and it looks simply beautiful.

Not only that, but they are the most peaceful to trade too, once your good at it!

Best Regards,

Nims

Files:
peaceful.jpg  86 kb

Would you mind share which one you use? There are simply too much data in Google and you have to go through trial and error before finding an effective one. Some words from the horses mouth would be very effective to save times....

Blaiserboy:
Use google to discover Renko backtest methods, there are several good articles that tell exactly how to do it.

I will leave the backtesting research up to you. Trading is a 'self learning' business, you have to be willing to put in the hours if you are going to succeed. You have to study and learn and understand for yourself, you will not so well if you depend on others to get started.

You are taking rest under the shade of a tree because someone has planted the tree a long time ago...

Mr. Nims has created this beautiful Renko Ashi system and took the pain to explain it so nicely, so you and me are using it now.

Of course, "Trading is a 'self learning' business" and there is no doubt in it but there are people like Mr. Nims who are guiding the newbies in one way or another...

Blaiserboy:
I will leave the backtesting research up to you. Trading is a 'self learning' business, you have to be willing to put in the hours if you are going to succeed. You have to study and learn and understand for yourself, you will not so well if you depend on others to get started.

Mr Nims tutors the people in his commercial group very carefully so that they end up making good money from their trading, perhaps you should check into his group so that you can benefit from the considerable expertise that he has developed.

mr_nims:
Hi SuperBlackSmith,

Here is script version for backtest, but the problem is that it doesn't have "enable wicks" support.

By default I have edited it to run on 15 pips renko bars, but you can change it.

Here you go.

Best Regards,

Nims

Thanks Mr. Nims. This is actually a renko script. A step chart is a little bit different. Step chart does not repaint during reversals. I am looking for that one.

Reason: