Run script through Expert Advisor

Hi there,

I would like to know if it is possible to run a script i have already made through a expert advisor and for it to not execute over and over but just once.

If there is already a forum on this please point me in the direction

Thanks everyone

Why not just add the code from the script into the EA . . and get it to run just once in the EA ?

I suppose if u had uses google u have find this

qjol:
I suppose if u had uses google u have find this

Yep, but that's backward, that person needs the script to run an EA, i want the ea to run the script.

Shaun:

Yep, but that's backward, that person needs the script to run an EA, i want the ea to run the script.
It's not possible. Simple solution is turn the Script into a Function. Any other solutions along the lines of what you're looking for would basically be a Hack, and those are not reliable nor simple to say the least.

ubzen:
It's not possible. [...]

when i say it's possible then it's possible i personally did it

ubzen:
[...]Any other solutions along the lines of what you're looking for would basically be a Hack, and those are not reliable nor simple to say the least.

You're right

Shaun:

do you want me to feed you with a spoon, use your imagination

qjol:
when i say it's possible then it's possible i personally did it

"I would like to know if it is possible to run a script i have already made through a expert advisor and for it to not execute over and over but just once."

Go ahead and show us the code which does exactly that. No infinite loops, or windows dll. I wanna see this lol.

ubzen:

"I would like to know if it is possible to run a script i have already made through a expert advisor and for it to not execute over and over but just once."

Go ahead and show us the code which does exactly that. No infinite loops, or windows dll. I wanna see this lol.

i'm so sorry AFAIK, a script is designed to execute just once

qjol:
i'm so sorry AFAIK, a script is designed to execute just once

Yeah me too :(, Your link made me think of something. We could use infinite loops with Scripts, and use global variables to communicate with those Scripts. That'll be like having multiple EA's on a single chart (you could switch on and off) given Scripts run within their own Thread and all. I read that link before but it didn't click to me until today. Anyways I was gonna recommend that but the OP is not using any imagination or perhaps he's just new. So thats why I worded the not-possible.

I also taught the mt4 event suggestion was clever, but I'll need to learn windows coding in order to turn a Alert.wav into a dll call to mt4 which brings up scripts and post-message window manipulations.

ubzen:

Yeah me too :(, Your link made me think of something. We could use infinite loops with Scripts, and use global variables to communicate with those Scripts. That'll be like having multiple EA's on a single chart (you could switch on and off) given Scripts run within their own Thread and all. I read that link before but it didn't click to me until today. Anyways I was gonna recommend that but the OP is not using any imagination or perhaps he's just new. So thats why I worded the not-possible.

I also taught the mt4 event suggestion was clever, but I'll need to learn windows coding in order to turn a Alert.wav into a dll call to mt4 which brings up scripts and post-message window manipulations.

True story, i am new, to the site, to coding as well. Never coded before.
Reason: