Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 164

yemondil:

Oh, many would attach to the holding area, but then when you tried to use them, they would not attach to the chart screen.

IMHO, you have basic problems with usage of the Metatrader terminal. Studying some manuals would help. The above should never happen.

yemondil:
So, since you're putting the onus on me, tell me, what ea s do you usually use on your offline chart?

Everything what I use on time based charts is also useful for off-line charts. Usually, when I develop some new EA and test it on time based charts, I simply move it to the off-line chart and notice performance improvement. Note however that I like more the Constant Range Bars, but it is rather personal. Renko's offer the same edge, namely signal/noise improvement.

Anyway, as you are unable to use Renko's off-line charts and because this thread is devoted to Renko's, your posts are at least out of topic.

Coder wanted - will pay

Hi guys

Could anyone code the Renko Live Chart with Wicks for TradeStation/Multicharts - eg: In EasyLanguage. It would need to display the wicks in the same way the Metatrader does. I am prepared to pay for a version which does everything I need - any serious coders with previous Metatrader and EasyLanguage experience - please PM me with an estimate of how much you would charge for this service. I would need:

1) Ability to specify box size

2) An option to display wicks

3) Preferable it can be plotted as a chart which strategies can be applied to.

Thanks, hope to hear from you soon if you match the criteria above.

What?

I'm trying to get help running the renko bar system, I'm asking for someone, anyone, to help me figure out my problem. (Talk to me, please talk to me.) And, for the very reason that I've got a problem, you claim that my questions are therefore off subject.

That's illogical at best.

I've got some other ideas I'm going to try. But yes, it looks like constant range bars are going to be easier to work with. I'm switching to constant range bars as fast as I can.

yemondil:
today, I tried many methods. (besides the 3 chart technique, which seems to be the ultimate fallback.) Everything was instant market execution on the offline chart. Even though I had sl and tp of 5000, the broker closed 3 out of four, in less than 30 seconds. The only thing that seems to half work, is to put in a script before the market execution, and then hope that the ea picks it up and runs with it. But there is no script that works every time yet. The ' place auto sl tp' script usually works, but not always. None of the 'change sl tp manually, or with a mouse, work. none of them. none of the pending order ea s or pending order scripts work consistantly. Sorry. I'm trying. Whenever something does actually work, its the homerun ball. But I just can't get consistant results

Use the renko brick for charting and take your trade or use your ea's on online time chart... its still the same thing.

skoda2008:
EA's do work on offline charts. I've written & used them with Renko live chart 3.2 I've since given up on Renko charts. They look great on historical data but it's a different story when you trade them live. I suspect this may have something to do with the disappearance of Mr Nims.

Hows your EA that you coded for offline renko chart coming through?? i have a good set-up but im not sure if it could be coded, its about renko.

michal:
IMHO, you have basic problems with usage of the Metatrader terminal. Studying some manuals would help. The above should never happen.

Everything what I use on time based charts is also useful for off-line charts. Usually, when I develop some new EA and test it on time based charts, I simply move it to the off-line chart and notice performance improvement. Note however that I like more the Constant Range Bars, but it is rather personal. Renko's offer the same edge, namely signal/noise improvement.

Anyway, as you are unable to use Renko's off-line charts and because this thread is devoted to Renko's, your posts are at least out of topic.

I`m totally agree with you michal, and so I use range bars instead Renko !

yemondil:
I'm trying to get help running the renko bar system, I'm asking for someone, anyone, to help me figure out my problem. (Talk to me, please talk to me.) And, for the very reason that I've got a problem, you claim that my questions are therefore off subject.

This is not the impression I've got from your post. Instead of searching for help, my impression was that you already know everything and was simply trashing Renkos so all the people using them know that they are stupid as Renkos don't work because you say so.

yemondil:

That's illogical at best.

I've got some other ideas I'm going to try. But yes, it looks like constant range bars are going to be easier to work with. I'm switching to constant range bars as fast as I can.

If you really looking for help then get the commercial Renko's as they come with support. Free Renko's script are without support which is obvious IMHO. Moreover, free constant range bars (wlas version) are buggy.

Just a Question

I am sure somewhere here this is adressed but havent found it yet. But my question is...My MBT MT4 platform has only 1m offline charts how do I deal with that an make this system work on it? Thanks

cash4paper:
I am sure somewhere here this is adressed but havent found it yet. But my question is...My MBT MT4 platform has only 1m offline charts how do I deal with that an make this system work on it? Thanks

mebbe get another demo as a quick solution....

Thanks for the reply Blaiserboy

I have several my FxPro has GBP/JPYonly as a 2M chart and my Alpari Has none either Interbank FX has EUR/USD only. maybe have t find one of the other guys is using?

Reason: