[Archive!] Pure mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.: brain-training problems not related to trade in any way - page 615

Areyou going to answer "yeehaw" to the question "what would someone like you answer to the question "this road home?"?"?

How can graphs of a hexagonal lattice be traversed with as few thread breaks as possible?

each edge can only be traversed once.

DmitriyN:
For thousandths of a percent - not necessary. But, 120 deals is a lot, it should be possible to calculate for a small number of deals, for example - for 20, 30, 40. And 30% is low for 120.

And very small probabilities (very large) are used to calculate the approximate lifetime of the system. It is important to know how long it will last - a year or 10 years.
Is there something to rely on? Mathematics is the best way to go.
Look at Reliability Theory, that's where your problem comes from. As far as I remember, there are plenty of examples.

avtomat:
Look up reliability theory, that's where your problem comes from. As far as I remember, there are plenty of examples.
Maybe there is a good book reference?

Urain:

How can graphs of a hexagonal lattice be traversed with as few thread breaks as possible?

each edge can only be traversed once.

I know how for 99 lines. I can't see less than that yet, but maybe you can save another five or two. Let it simmer, then I'll have another look.

DmitriyN:
Maybe there's a link to a good book?

I can't give you the link, but I don't think it's too hard to find it on the internet. Search for "Reliability Theory" and focus on "technical systems".

I'll look through my books that I studied (a long time ago), maybe I'll find... then I'll tell you the names of the books, if I still need them.

avtomat:
OK, I'll look for it.

What do you think the purpose of this device is?

A variation of the Klein bottle?

MikeM:
A variation on the Klein bottle?
Yes, but I've been trying to figure out for days what it's for.
Everyone is looking at it like that and no one can answer the question of why it's needed.
Reason: