Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 62

kerty9:
I am not sure what is causing giant red 'x' arrows to show up when this indicator is loaded on a chart. But if you compile the indicator after this indicator is on a chart, it turns into normal display. Compiling also solves another problem of signal arrows not being plotted when a new template containing this indicator is loaded on a new chart. I am a newbie programmer and can not figure out what is wrong with the code. But it seems to work once indicator is re-compiled. (in order to compile it, right click on the indicator from the navigator pane, and select modify, it will open MetaEditor. There, click compile from the tool bar to compile the indicator)

Kerty I did what you recomended and I didn't see any more problem after compiling. Thanks a lot.

Kerty I know you are a new programmer but I would like to ask you a favor if is possible. Do you think you can help me to put a sound alert in this indicator when it change color? I use it for my trading and sometimes I miss entries because it doesn't have an alarm. If is something easy you think you can do, I will really appreciate, but if you find it too complicated, don't worry I understand.

I am attaching the indicator and a pic to show you when do I need the alert.

Thanks in advance.

Files:

plcapital:
Hi Kerty9. Thx for re-posting the indicator. However, I am still experiencing difficulties. Pls refer to the attached pic. Suddenly, there is a big giant red thingi in the indi. Any suggestion how to fix it? Thx.

I am not sure what is causing giant red 'x' arrows to show up when this indicator is loaded on a chart. But if you compile the indicator after this indicator is on a chart, it turns into normal display. Compiling also solves another problem of signal arrows not being plotted when a new template containing this indicator is loaded on a new chart. I am a newbie programmer and can not figure out what is wrong with the code. But it seems to work once indicator is re-compiled. You may have to recompile this indicator everytime mt4 is re-started and also everytime this indicator is placed on a new chart.

(in order to compile it, right click on the indicator from the navigator pane, and select modify, it will open MetaEditor. There, click compile from the tool bar to compile the indicator)

Sound Alert added

masps:
Kerty I did what you recomended and I didn't see any more problem after compiling. Thanks a lot.

Kerty I know you are a new programmer but I would like to ask you a favor if is possible. Do you think you can help me to put a sound alert in this indicator when it change color? I use it for my trading and sometimes I miss entries because it doesn't have an alarm. If is something easy you think you can do, I will really appreciate, but if you find it too complicated, don't worry I understand.

I am attaching the indicator and a pic to show you when do I need the alert.

Thanks in advance.

Added alerts to the indicator. Can you share how you trade this indicator and if it has been a profitable one?

kerty9:
Added alerts to the indicator. Can you share how you trade this indicator and if it has been a profitable one?

Thanks a lot Kerty, I will test it right now.

The way I trade with this is I use it to determine the long trend direction and then I enter when I receive a fractal signal only in the direction of the main trend. And I get out at stochastic overbought/oversold area and wait again for next fractal signal. Or you can also enter the trade when this indicator change direction (color) and ride the trend and keep moving stoploss by the steps the same indicator is showing you. But my style is going with the long trend and scalping in that direction. Hope it helps.

Sorry and I forgot to tell you, yes, it has been profitable for me. 140 pips from gbp and eur in one day.

masps:
Thanks a lot Kerty, I will test it right now.

The way I trade with this is I use it to determine the long trend direction and then I enter when I receive a fractal signal only in the direction of the main trend. And I get out at stochastic overbought/oversold area and wait again for next fractal signal. Or you can also enter the trade when this indicator change direction (color) and ride the trend and keep moving stoploss by the steps the same indicator is showing you. But my style is going with the long trend and scalping in that direction. Hope it helps.

Sorry and I forgot to tell you, yes, it has been profitable for me. 140 pips from gbp and eur in one day.

Do you trade it with renko charts or regular candle chart, and if you trade it with regular chart, what TF. Thanks for sharing.

kerty9:
Do you trade it with renko charts or regular candle chart, and if you trade it with regular chart, what TF. Thanks for sharing.

I trade it with the renko charts. For eur 5 pips renko size with range indicator at 35(default) and gbp 10 pips renko size with range indicator at 50.

Now I was testing the alarm and it sounds but one renko block after the indicator change direction not at the closing of the same brick when the change occur. Is it possible to change that? Thanks a lot.

What ever happened to...

So what happened to all those renko strategies that were just raking in 100's of pips every week? Are people still using them or have they found them to be not so profitable in the longer term when ranging markets are included?

gsseen:
So what happened to all those renko strategies that were just raking in 100's of pips every week? Are people still using them or have they found them to be not so profitable in the longer term when ranging markets are included?

I don't know other people but I am still using it and I am doing fine but I do not trade it according to the original rules by MrNims, I modified it to my own way and style and I think every body should do the same. I still think is worth it to give it a try.

masps:
I trade it with the renko charts. For eur 5 pips renko size with range indicator at 35(default) and gbp 10 pips renko size with range indicator at 50. Now I was testing the alarm and it sounds but one renko block after the indicator change direction not at the closing of the same brick when the change occur. Is it possible to change that? Thanks a lot.

Alert waits for candle to close as PA/color can go back and forth until candle is closed. Putting alert on current bar that has not closed would risk many fake alerts. However, if that is what suits your trading strategy, here is the revised indicator.

kerty9:
Alert waits for candle to close as PA/color can go back and forth until candle is closed. Putting alert on current bar that has not closed would risk many fake alerts. However, if that is what suits your trading strategy, here is the revised indicator.

Thanks a lot Kerty now, is fine.

Reason: