Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 40

lordsfxt:

After a lot of trading on renko i have found that using 2 renko charts, Like a 10pip renko on 10min offline & 50pip renko on a 50min offline is the best for manually making pips. 50pip renko will show you the major trends and 10pip renko will show you the minor trends, when major & minor trends both match. enter the trade.

Is this the Big Trend indicator? Also, what is the setting used in this pic? TIA!

it is period 80 on a picture, but I am testing it with period 30.

Lordsfx, you said you enter when both time frames match, when would you exit?

Hello All,

I'm having problems with my charts, everytime that I go to charts, them indicator list my charts gets freeze and I have to shut down manually MT4, does any body know how to fix this problem?

I will apreciate if some here can help me.

Regards,

Partypips

PartyPips:
Hello All,

I'm having problems with my charts, everytime that I go to charts, them indicator list my charts gets freeze and I have to shut down manually MT4, does any body know how to fix this problem?

I will apreciate if some here can help me.

Regards,

Partypips

I don't have that problem but that indicator will not open a 5min offline chart for me, It will open just the default 2min offline chart. Try using it with default settings to see if you get the same problem or not.

New Renko Scripts and Indicator REPAINT THE PAST!!!

Becareful!!! The script RenkoLiveChartv1.3 and the indicator RenkoLiveChartv2.1 from forexfactory are repainting the past. I just tested both of them and what you see on the previous bars when you open your offline chart IS NOT what really happened because both of them, the script and the indicator will recaculate everything once you open a chart and will repaint the chart history.

If you want to try it for yourself open your metatrader, attach script or indi to the chart, mark with a line that last renko bar you see in your chart and let it run for a while until you see bars in different directions. Take a picture of your chart and remove script and indis, close all charts and close your platform. Restart everything again and compare your new reopen offline chart with the one you took the picture before and you will see the repainting.

This doesn't mean you can not use those scripts or indi for your trading if you want, but you have to know they repaint the past and DO NOT plan or create any strategy based on what you see already happened on those charts or just backtesting saying "if would enter here or there" I would make such amount of pips" etc. because what you are looking at it didn't happen that way in real time. Just trade with them from the moment you open the chart and ahead, forget of what you see in previous renko bars. That means backtesting those renko charts is waste of time, the only way of testing if an strategy is worhty or not is forward testing.

The only script from forexfactory that seems do not repaint is the RenkoLivechartv1.6a IF you set the refreshing to 0, otherwise it will repaint too.

Examples of chart repainting

Examples of chart repainting

who said

PAST cannot be changed or modified

Well, check it for yourself... the real history price doesn't change, I mean the price given by your broker, that is the same. What it change is the way those scripts the indicator plot the charts. They recalculate everything and will show you a very neat and clean renko past history that you can almost trade it just following the renko bar colors but do not expect that in real time!

Use the orginal script of topic started, the new indicator vesion has a problem,

I think ill stick with the original script from mr,nims for this week.

The indicator version has a problem, there was a down move + up move + down move on the GBPUSD, but the indicator version only shows me one down move on the 10pip renko.

Will keep another copy of metatrader on and notice how the indicator version one continues to behave. But yes the truth is it repainted.

When i used the original script of the thread starter, it shows them properly.

10m offline chart problem

Hi everyone,

after following this thread frm the #1 till now, I found that this is the most profitable one.

Lordfx, I really need your help for the following:

1. I open my GBP/USD 5M TF and scroll up to Jan 09.

2. I attached the script 10pips (lordfx version)

3. 10M offline is not available

Where is the problem

Reason: