Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 24

Thanks lords! Sounds like you have it nailed down. Are you using the EA or just manual? I can not get that EA to run. Do you put it on the Live chart or the M2 chart. What are the common settings? I have allow DLL imports checked, and confirm unchecked, allow live trading checked. I only changed the lot size ,timeframe, and stop settings. still nothing. I am on a 5 digit broker... should my stops be 100 for 10? Thanks in advance...

Been waiting for a week already for EA testing that didn't enter trades, so end of this week I really will be looking for ward to your info, thanks . If you do want to share your setup before the end of the week, well I could forward test too which would give more data, Your results are outstanding, thanks for sharing lordsfxt,

Cheers

Nice results, lords...! Looks very promising.

Looking forward to your setups.

My setup is posted below. Pretty darn simple and reliable. Make some quick pips this morning as well, but have been doing other stuff in meantime, missed opportunities for sure.

My current setup gives me good signals, for instance on the two trades shown, first 10 pip gain, second 3 pips (trailing stop , stopped by EA):

- block color change, actually entered too late on first trade

- TDI confirms my trades:

* green < 50

* green < red

* green < yellow

Will start testing seriously this week and report back.

This system has serious potential. And we're close to finding the correct combination of indicators (the lesser the better) and entry/exit/sl/tp setups.

Files:
snag-0057.png  71 kb

Snowski:
Nice results, lords...! Looks very promising.

Looking forward to your setups.

My setup is posted below. Pretty darn simple and reliable. Make some quick pips this morning as well, but have been doing other stuff in meantime, missed opportunities for sure.

My current setup gives me good signals, for instance on the two trades shown, first 10 pip gain, second 3 pips (trailing stop , stopped by EA):

- block color change, actually entered too late on first trade

- TDI confirms my trades:

* green < 50

* green < red

* green < yellow

Will start testing seriously this week and report back.

This system has serious potential. And we're close to finding the correct combination of indicators (the lesser the better) and entry/exit/sl/tp setups.

Are those synergy arrows, could you please post it, the arrows that turn red green and yellow?

HEHE, one gbpusd is more than enough to make 2000pips a month! invest 5% and make 2000pips = 100% gain a month!

This is how my prototype system works.

Will send the template soon as i am done testing. so far so good just one pair and a hell lot of pips!

lordsfxt:
Are those synergy arrows, could you please post it, the arrows that turn red green and yellow?

In this archive all system synergy indi. The indicator which draws arrows, it if I am not mistaken "Synergy_TradeSignal".

lordsfxt:

It is simply magnificent idea!!!

P. S. I am sorry. My English is not so good.

Files:
synergy.rar  1461 kb

lordsfxt:

Will send the template soon as i am done testing. so far so good just one pair and a hell lot of pips!

lordsfxt,could u share u template and indicators ???

thanks... gr8 back testing!!!

shaun_ru_th:
lordsfxt,could u share u template and indicators ??? thanks... gr8 back testing!!!

Yeah, goes to show that with a lot of testing and trying different indicators, this Renko system shows great potential...it's amazing.

lordsfxt:

Looks promising!!

Fishing For Opinions On Renko Strategy

To ALL:

I have been doing extensive work/programming on Renko Bars for about 3 months. Ran across this thread and was quite impressed. Here is where I would love to hear from others if you have thoughts on my approach.

1. I love the idea of HA/T3 smoothing on R bars. BUT - it is where the smoothing occurs that I question.

2. Have observed that on small R Bars (3-5pips) that a single 1M bar can create multiple R Bars that are not tradable. I.E. you may see three R Bars that show a reversal, but you can not trade between these bars to end the trade that you are in and this is never obvious from the chart. I have found this to be a an issue with small bars that can have big negative impacts. Much oof this is gapping that I can filter out later assuming NEWS or weekend gaps.

3. So -- I have been investigating using HA and T3 on the 1M bars, before creating the Renko Bars.

4. Although the new RenkoChartsLive 3.0 EA uses LOW and HIGH from the 1M bars to generate Renko Bars, I find that this creates a lot of noisey R Bars. BTW - all of the literature/articles on Renko assume using the CLOSE of the 1M Bar.

5. Alternatively, I have written a revised RenkoChartsLive indi that smooths the 1 M bars using a rather high smoothing period ( 17 ) and then applying the Heinen Ashi smoothing on top of T3 AND THEN create the R Bars. I store the ACTUAL CLOSE of each Renko Bar in the History File for each R Bar.

I also build MultiSized R Bars that represent 1M bar movements that are bigger than a 3 pip RBar - say 6-9-12-15pips - whatever size it is. Then I can see and use actual info to generate trade signals.

6. SoOOO - when I calculate P & L on a trade, I am using the PreSmoothed R Bars for trade signal generation and the Actual Close Price to calculate pip wins and losses.

7. I have my own Renko Bar Tester for back testing and my results are quite impressive. BTW - I use an "always in" strategy.

Any thoughts on what I am doing??? This is probably gibberish to most, but I am guessing that other programmers might find this interesting.

KingHigh

Reason: