Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 19

Renko

Ranging... dribbling... spikey markets are exactly what we want to stay out of.

This renko - heike-ashi blend (while not the holy grail) does a superb job of picking moves and limiting range-bound losses.

Again... a big thanks to the members of this thread who have contributed unstintingly.

mrtools:
....The Ea should work on either 4 or 5 digit broker but doubt if it will work on Ecn type broker.
Meister_Propper:
Thank you for your efforts! Does the EA function with 4-digit Brokers?

Read one post up.

false signals

I am using the first system which lorfdsfxt uses with the XPma. I am finding alot of false signals come up. Not to sure if anyone else has the same problem with the arrows?

Anyway i have gone back to the simple renko boxes and trying different things out to see wether i can find a filter which allows you to ride the big moves and get out of the short ones before loosing to much. Not looking for anything perfect of corse but a nice R/R ratio will help in the long run.

Regards

bh4v1k

HAPPY PIPS ALL!

Snowski:
Read one post up.

Ups, I need some glasses.

But one question: It is possible to make backtests? Because I get this message on all timeframes:

2009.09.29 13:06:13 2009.09.23 20:20 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader - ActivTrades\experts\indicators\Heiken Ashi Ma T3 new.ex4' on the EURUSD,M5

What could be the problem?

Best regards!

Got it, thanks!

missing indicator

2009.09.29 13:06:13 2009.09.23 20:20 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader - ActivTrades\experts\indicators\Heiken Ashi Ma T3 new.ex4' on the EURUSD,M5

What could be the problem?

Best regards!

You don't have the indicator "Heiken Ashi Ma T3 new" indicator. I guess you are using the one with alert.

Simply copy the original new indicator over. The one with alert is for manual trading.

Hi MrTools, thanks very much for your work on the ea and also thanks to eveyone contributing to this tread - I've learned alot.

I have placed the ea on a micro account for forward test and want to be sure of the parameters. It is opening trades but still opens multiple trades in the same trend. For example if 2 blue bars appear it will open a trade and if it hits it profit stop say 5 pips it will open another trade in the same direction with the appearance of the next bar. Is this right? or is it supposed to wait for the next 2 red bar to place a trade in the opposite direction.

Thanks in advance

Rollo

lordsfxt:
How did you backtest a offline price bar chart ? , I still can;t use the trade simulator on it

Ups, my fault, I tested on 1m TF. Is it possible to make a test somehow or no chance?

Reason: