Trend continuation factor - page 5

mladen:
OK Continuing. This is Trend Intensity Index (as described in 113TRND.pdf from this cockeyedcowboy's post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179514)

hi, is it possible to repost the Trend Intensity Index pdf? i couldn't find it anywhere in this thread. thanks lots!

This should do it

sharonteo:
hi, is it possible to repost the Trend Intensity Index pdf? i couldn't find it anywhere in this thread. thanks lots!

Thank you Mladen!

Trend Trigger Factor ...

Had some emails exchanged in order to clarify what a correct TTF (Trend Trigger Factor) must look like. In ordet to avoid some more misunderstandings from people looking for it over the net (there is a zillion versions) here is a correct version as described in the December 2004 article "Trend Trigger Factor" by M.H.Pee :

15-day buy power = Highest high of (day 1 to day 15 inclusive) – Lowest low of (day 16 to day 30 inclusive)

15-day sell power = Highest high of (day 16 to day 30) – Lowest low of (day 1 to day 15)

After calculating these variables, you can move on to calculating the TTF:

15-day TTF = ((Buy power – sell power)/(0.5*(Buypower + sell power))) * 100

So this is a correct version if TTF (I have posted some but they have additional T3 smoothing - this version is coded exactly as it is described in that article (except for the default levels +100 and -100, but those you can set up easily from parameters). The complete article can be found on this same thread (this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179514/page2 )

Files:
ttf.mq4  3 kb
ttf.gif  24 kb

mladen:
This should do it

Thanks all-

Could we have some on chart summary (like candles I guess) of all the M.H. Pee indies or at least a few please?

I found this in the PDF

Futures Truth Company

"Mr. Hill has researched and developed thousands of trading systems utilizing a multitude of indicators. He has brought his applied engineering and mathematical background to trading technology as well as authoring several books on trading techniques."

Sounds like an interesting fellow.

edit: added a 30 ma to the tpl

Files:

This is TTF using T3 smoothing and multitimeframe.Was asked for in another thread but it belongs here and makes it easier to find for me

ps) the coloring on the picture is opposite of the indicator was experimenting to check signals in overbought or oversold conditions and forgot to change back

Files:

Mr. Tools

mrtools:
This is TTF using T3 smoothing and multitimeframe.Was asked for in another thread but it belongs here and makes it easier to find for me ps) the coloring on the picture is opposite of the indicator was experimenting to check signals in overbought or oversold conditions and forgot to change back

Good day to you, Mr.Tools

Thank you for your attention. It is appreciated.

I have placed the BT Trend indi as well as Mladen's creation in the same window. Dark Blue line is BT - Light Blue line Mladen's.

Both set to 9 bars. Removed all other colors/lines to show. They both form in the same way - but BT is "quicker" for the lack of a better word. I was hoping that the "areas of no-show" could be fixed without losing the way it currently calculates.

Is this possible?

Thank you again for your time.

Regards

Files:
bt2.gif  54 kb

Hi Cercape,

By any chance have you tried the version on post#46, reason I'm saying is very possible the T3 may be causing some lag

Mr.Tools-

mrtools:
Hi Cercape, By any chance have you tried the version on post#46, reason I'm saying is very possible the T3 may be causing some lag

Good day to you,

Yes - the light blue TTF in my attached chart is in fact the indi in post #46. The dark Blue TTF (faster one) is not your T3 creation, but the BT Trend T indicator I originally attached on the signals thread. Both of these shape the same - but the BT Trend shapes earlier.

I just need it to not leave those "breaks" - as indicated, but be continuous as to see where it is at all times.

Thank you for your time

Regards

cercape:
Good day to you,

Yes - the light blue TTF in my attached chart is in fact the indi in post #46. The dark Blue TTF (faster one) is not your T3 creation, but the BT Trend T indicator I originally attached on the signals thread. Both of these shape the same - but the BT Trend shapes earlier.

I just need it to not leave those "breaks" - as indicated, but be continuous as to see where it is at all times.

Thank you for your time

Regards

Yeah I read your post better, after I posted realized you were testing with the version on post#46,duh on me.

In the code is this at least twice HighestHighRecent = High this is my guess in, what is causing the problem, and it looks good after the fact, but in real life trading the shift-TTFbars is trying to look into the future that is not there, to look back from an indicator standpoint is to go from right to left, so it should be shift+TTFbars, to compare past high and low values otherwise you will have the problems you are talking about along with repainting.

Reason: