Eurusd/gbpusd - page 1802

nbtrading:
There will be no profit - the spreads are so big that only losses will happen

the move was way beyond 200 pips (I count over 1400 [80 spread now]) ... checked my balance before closing those trades and it was way up

I agree ... I remember reading posts from so-called experts recommending longs since 1.20 would be so-called "absolute bottom" but now we're seeing different ... like I say "... anything can happen ..."

asaens2:
I agree ... I remember reading posts from so-called experts recommending longs since 1.20 would be so-called "absolute bottom" but now we're seeing different ... like I say "... anything can happen ..."

It was not just experts telling that.

Earlier this month, SNB Chairman Thomas Jordan had described the cap as "absolutely central". Vice-chairman Jean-Pierre Danthine said as recently as Monday that it would remain the cornerstone of the bank's policy.

Swiss central bank shocks markets with currency 'tsunami' | Reuters

Traders were deliberately mislead

Report of some brokers doing the following :

Right now, they have HUGE GAPS and only honored stop losses after the gap !!! Maybe they will resolve it. They even margin called people only after the gaps !!!

eurofreek:
Report of some brokers doing the following :

That is normal : nobody is going to cover traders loses. It was always like that

nbtrading:
It was not just experts telling that.

Swiss central bank shocks markets with currency 'tsunami' | Reuters

Traders were deliberately mislead

Wait next week and ECB statement - that will be even more "interesting"

I thought that range would last longer but EUR/USD dropped to 1.1567, forming a new historic low - the pair hasn't dropped this much since 2003. While at this point I have little doubt that the pair will likely reach parity, I do have to wonder, however, how much lower can it drop before a more long-term correction begins?

victoriajensen:
I thought that range would last longer but EUR/USD dropped to 1.1567, forming a new historic low - the pair hasn't dropped this much since 2003. While at this point I have little doubt that the pair will likely reach parity, I do have to wonder, however, how much lower can it drop before a more long-term correction begins?

I have no idea how lower the pair will reach but it is clear that the long correction is close to start.

Re.: UsdChf ... they say hindsight is 20/20 ... I can't see any good reason SNB couldn't have given some kind of warning before today's fiasco to protect the innocent but as usual there are forces at work to make the richer yet richer at the expense of common people just trying to make a living ... all we can do is try to protect our assets as best as we can with whatever tools are at our disposal or find safer ways to invest hard earned money

I have he feeling that the next weeks ECB decision is already priced in

Reason: