Eurusd/gbpusd - page 1806

searchingFX:
I don't think that there was insider information n this case. I rather think that they simply set down and calculated how much ECB must print for QE - and then it was clear that SNB can not compensate it

It helps if Draghi runs to Merkel to tell her what will happen. Then Merkel will keep the secret forever and ever (using her non penetrable phone)

The ranging continues. No big changes expected before ECB decision

Files:
eurusd_1.gif  61 kb

Today it is all about German ZEW. All the rest can be ignored

eurofreek:
Today it is all about German ZEW. All the rest can be ignored

Yes.

With a very tight range - overreaction can be expected in any direction ZEW goes

Not even close to a reaction it would have without SNB and ECB. It does not move at all from the tight range

eurofreek:
Not even close to a reaction it would have without SNB and ECB. It does not move at all from the tight range

I was expecting some reaction to ZEW data (they are stronger than expected), but obviously nobody wants to risk now

nbtrading:
I was expecting some reaction to ZEW data (they are stronger than expected), but obviously nobody wants to risk now

After last week, no one would want to take any risk.

EUR/USD formed several dojis in the 4 hour filter chart under the resistance level at 1.1610 and slowly began dropping but it hasn't broken below the support at 1.1540. Frankly, I don't think we can expect big movements before ECB monetary policy statement on Thursday.

victoriajensen:
EUR/USD formed several dojis in the 4 hour filter chart under the resistance level at 1.1610 and slowly began dropping but it hasn't broken below the support at 1.1540. Frankly, I don't think we can expect big movements before ECB monetary policy statement on Thursday.

You are right, This was pure psychological level (1.1550) that was used to stop the down trend. No risks taken

We are too close to Thursday Sherif, and we will see what will ECB gonna do.

Reason: