Eurusd/gbpusd - page 1797

nbtrading:
NFP day Expecting worse than expected NFP data (the usual : cold, holidays, ...) and a classical Friday profit taking

The market agrees with you so far

There will be one more whipsaw today : the usual NFP day

eurofreek:
The market agrees with you so far There will be one more whipsaw today : the usual NFP day

we shall see in 5 minutes

nbtrading:
we shall see in 5 minutes

Looks like I was right too : whipsaw on a minute already happened, now waiting for higher time frame whisaw

this past Sunday it moved over 100 pips in less than an hour with no apparent reason but today it has something to give it some momentum and it just sits there after bit of whipsaw ... go figure

eurofreek:
Looks like I was right too : whipsaw on a minute already happened, now waiting for higher time frame whisaw

Higher time frame whipsaw done

Now we can rest for the weekend and wait for another Monday

EUR/USD couldn't break below the support at 1.1750, formed a hammer candlestick and a double bottom, both visible in the four hour filter chart, and then started climbing. It appears that some correction is in order and the pair will keep climbing until it reaches targed 1.1920, where there is strong resistance.

Great analysis Victoria, and we will see next week how it goes. happy weekend .

With what happened in Paris and other bad news in Europe, I'm expecting the market would be in panic mood for the coming week.

peeterwoolf:
With what happened in Paris and other bad news in Europe, I'm expecting the market would be in panic mood for the coming week.

I think that market makers do not care much about that

All they care about right now is if FED is to hike rates or not. And with latest data it looks like the expectation that FED will do that (hike rates) is losing ground in which case we could see a retracement

Goldman Sachs cut its long-term forecasts for the euro on Friday, unrelated to the US payrolls data. It expects the euro to fall to $1.14 in three months, $1.11 by June and $1.08 by year-end. But it also expects euro parity with the dollar by the end of 2017.

Reason: