I Double My Account 2 TIMES - page 35

XXXXit!:
Can someone more knowledgable than me and with a faster computer than mine do a backtest on this EA that was posted in this forum please? (see attached). I'm getting mixed results on my forward tests with it on the major currency pairs so wanted to see if it has proven successful in the past. I know backtesting is not an accurate reflection of what may happen in the future however it would be good to know if this EA has potential for future modification for this strategy. Cheers.

Very bad result backtesting!

Do you know how to use ABHAFX INDICATOR 5digits indicator and at which TF with which pair is the best?

"BUY LIMIT" should be "BUY STOP" or "SELL LIMIT" ? Because price open under this lever.

Thanks,

Bill FX:

Do you know how to use ABHAFX INDICATOR 5digits indicator and at which TF with which pair is the best?

"BUY LIMIT" should be "BUY STOP" or "SELL LIMIT" ? Because price open under this lever.

Thanks,

I think naming of orders is correct.

Normally we have only "market" and "limit" order types.

Buy\Sell "Stops" are just MT naming feature.

You can't choose TF to work with if you're using "ABHAFX INDICATOR 5digits", this indi calculates some weekly levels, so just place limit orders (Buy Stop and Sell Stop) and wait.

XXXXit!:
if this EA has potential for future modification

It has, but it trades very seldom (187 trades in more than 2 years)

gsouler:
It has, but it trades very seldom (187 trades in more than 2 years)

That's correct. That's too little.

And it means that the risk will be higher too

Bill FX:

Thanks,

Thanks for doing the backtest Bill. What currency pairs did you try it on please?

Has anyone had any success with the TradeMeLeaveMe_Gold EA that was previously posted on this thread? It hasn't opened any trades on my charts yet after nearly a week so I'll have a bit more of a play with it. I like the idea that the SL and TP values can be adjusted on it.

Cheers.

XXXXit!:
Thanks for doing the backtest Bill. What currency pairs did you try it on please?

Has anyone had any success with the TradeMeLeaveMe_Gold EA that was previously posted on this thread? It hasn't opened any trades on my charts yet after nearly a week so I'll have a bit more of a play with it. I like the idea that the SL and TP values can be adjusted on it.

Cheers.

I have tested difference pairs and difference optimized.

Hi XXXXit!

How do you use ABHAFX INDICATOR 5digits indicator ?

Thanks,

Gody stated that the best time frame was the 4H. Also he recommended that the best setting was the default 85. The indicator will change because it is calculating the number of bars. Alot of people did not like that and concidered it repainting. Nevertheless i have been using the indicator for the past couple of days and have seen some positive results. If someone has seen better results with different setting please let us know.

Thanks

Bill FX:
Hi XXXXit!

How do you use ABHAFX INDICATOR 5digits indicator ?

Thanks,

Hi Bill,

I have only been using the indicator you mentioned to monitor where the EA opens it's trades and not for manual trading. I use the ABHAFX VO3 (from the first post) for manual trading and use it according to Gody's instructions i.e. place Buy and Sell limits on the appropriate coloured lines. However I'm only looking for a 50 pip TP instead of waiting for it to hit the white line.

Surely an EA could be made for this system? The TradeMeLeaveMe_Gold (attached) looks promising but I think it needs instructions in the logic as to where to look for trades? Anybody got any suggestions on how to do this this please?

Thanks

Files:

Great job to the poeple who contributed

Ok guys.. i have just finished reading this thread and i like it.. i have 2 years experience and i have couple of ideas how to make this indicator work with candlestick patterns. let me get some sleep today and ill see what ideas work and how well.. as far as backtesting goes i cannot do it since i do not know how.. maybe we can use pivot bars or fractals and it will work a lot better.. Ill put it with one of my strategies and continue to follow this thread.

Regards..

MISHO

Reason: