Backtesting EA That Uses External Indicator

Hello guys. i tried to backtest an EA that opens trade based on signal provided by other indicator. It seems backtesting is not working as there was a sell signal and EA did not open trade.

Can you please tell me how to do that?

Thanks

kpmr:
Hello guys. i tried to backtest an EA that opens trade based on signal provided by other indicator. It seems backtesting is not working as there was a sell signal and EA did not open trade.

Can you please tell me how to do that?

Thanks

There should not be a problem using external indicators. The only problem that so far is reported in backtest is that multi time frame is not working as it should.

Does your EA open trades in runtime?

Malden: neither indicator nor EA is multi time. indicator is running on 4h. i did not understand by 'open trades in runtime'

kpmr:
Malden: neither indicator nor EA is multi time. indicator is running on 4h. i did not understand by 'open trades in runtime'

When you attach the EA on a chart and let it run (not a back test, but normal chart) does it open positions?

mladen: i checked the code of ea. selling action was commented, and there was a sell signal in backtesting.

i will continue to test and then post reply if there is any problem.

Thanks for your help.

Try backrest with 1st option best tick available should work

Reason: