Please fix this indicator or EA - page 64

mladen:
litplum

Please read this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Happy trading

A question Mladen.

Would it be possible to initiate trades only at the close of bar (lower tf) rather than on the actual signal and only if the close is higher than the signal for a buy or lower for a sell?

If so what code do I need to add?

litplum:
A question Mladen.

Would it be possible to initiate trades only at the close of bar (lower tf) rather than on the actual signal and only if the close is higher than the signal for a buy or lower for a sell?

If so what code do I need to add?

litplum

Do like this :

string SBUY="false";

string SSEL="false";

double currentTrend = iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,"Volatility quality nrp - alerts & arrows","",Length,Method,Smoothing,Filter,4,1);

double previousTrend = iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,"Volatility quality nrp - alerts & arrows","",Length,Method,Smoothing,Filter,4,2);

if (currentTrend!=previousTrend)

{

if (currentTrend== 1) SBUY="true"; // code for buy

if (currentTrend==-1) SSEL="true"; // code for sell

}

mladen:
litplum

Do like this :

string SBUY="false";

string SSEL="false";

double currentTrend = iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,"Volatility quality nrp - alerts & arrows","",Length,Method,Smoothing,Filter,4,1);

double previousTrend = iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,"Volatility quality nrp - alerts & arrows","",Length,Method,Smoothing,Filter,4,2);

if (currentTrend!=previousTrend)

{

if (currentTrend== 1) SBUY="true"; // code for buy

if (currentTrend==-1) SSEL="true"; // code for sell

}

But on backtest, this code initiates the trades dead on the signal, not when the bar closes above (Buy) or below (Sell)

litplum:
But on backtest, this code initiates the trades dead on the signal, not when the bar closes above (Buy) or below (Sell)

Sorry did not understand.

How fo you mean "when the bar closes above (Buy) or below (Sell)"? Volatility quality does not work on main chart so it can not be compared to prices. Can you explain what does that sentence mean?

mladen:
Sorry did not understand. How fo you mean "when the bar closes above (Buy) or below (Sell)"? Volatility quality does not work on main chart so it can not be compared to prices. Can you explain what does that sentence mean?

For example: Using a 5m chart with MTF 15m.

Say the buy signal came at 1.24505, but the 5m bar the signal came on closed below that level (say 1.24502, it would be no trade. But if it closes above that level (say 1.24506) it would be a trade. Is that possible to code?

Found this indicator on Net

Setting parameters indicator BifurcationLevel

It has seven display settings options:

1. I_indType - index used by the standard oscillator. It can take values ​​from 0 to 3, inclusive, because this version is programmed four oscillators. For the CCI oscillator must specify a value of 0, for the oscillator DeMarker - 1, for the oscillator RSI - 2 for WPR - 3. Any other value will result in an error message, and extinguishes the LED.

2. I_indPeriod - the period of calculation of the selected oscillator. Must be an even number.

3. I_indPrice - price calculation of the values ​​of the oscillator, which is needed for this option (in this case, the oscillator CCI and RSI). Can take values ​​from 0 (price close) to 6 (weighted closing), inclusive.

4. I_overboughtLevel - start the overbought level.

5. I_oversoldLevel - the level of early oversold. Its value must be less than the level at the beginning overbought.

6. I_percentageChange - the value of the percentage change in prices between the high price zone and the initial price, as well as between the original price and the minimum price zone. Log out of range of the oscillator line is only above a specified value.

7. I_indBarsCount - the number of bars, which is a calculation of the indicator values. When you specify a the values ​​0 are used all available in the stories bars.

By default inputs it's working fine but other options (First Input-i_indType) not working !

Can anyone please check this!

Files:

secretcode:
Found this indicator on Net

Setting parameters indicator BifurcationLevel

It has seven display settings options:

1. I_indType - index used by the standard oscillator. It can take values ​​from 0 to 3, inclusive, because this version is programmed four oscillators. For the CCI oscillator must specify a value of 0, for the oscillator DeMarker - 1, for the oscillator RSI - 2 for WPR - 3. Any other value will result in an error message, and extinguishes the LED.

2. I_indPeriod - the period of calculation of the selected oscillator. Must be an even number.

3. I_indPrice - price calculation of the values ​​of the oscillator, which is needed for this option (in this case, the oscillator CCI and RSI). Can take values ​​from 0 (price close) to 6 (weighted closing), inclusive.

4. I_overboughtLevel - start the overbought level.

5. I_oversoldLevel - the level of early oversold. Its value must be less than the level at the beginning overbought.

6. I_percentageChange - the value of the percentage change in prices between the high price zone and the initial price, as well as between the original price and the minimum price zone. Log out of range of the oscillator line is only above a specified value.

7. I_indBarsCount - the number of bars, which is a calculation of the indicator values. When you specify a the values ​​0 are used all available in the stories bars.

By default inputs it's working fine but other options (First Input-i_indType) not working !

Can anyone please check this!

secretcode

It is working OK

You have to adjust the levels too in order to make it work for other types. Here is an example when it uses WPR (i_indType == 3) with levels set to -20 and -80. Tsted it with RSI to (I used levels 60 and 40) and that works OK too. For DeMarker you have to use levels between 0 and 1 (0.6 and 0.4 is a reasonable choice with default periods)

Files:
bifurcation.gif  33 kb

mladen:
secretcode

It is working OK

You have to adjust the levels too in order to make it work for other types. Here is an example when it uses WPR (i_indType == 3) with levels set to -20 and -80. Tsted it with RSI to (I used levels 60 and 40) and that works OK too. For DeMarker you have to use levels between 0 and 1 (0.6 and 0.4 is a reasonable choice with default periods)

Thanks Mladen for quick reply

Now it work well with your help

Regards,

recently updated mt4 to build 500 and found that i can no longer use the spec indicator.

when attached to chart just shows a grey line and nothing else.

is it possible to get this indy working on this current build ?

thanks for any help that can be given.

godrich:
recently updated mt4 to build 500 and found that i can no longer use the spec indicator.

when attached to chart just shows a grey line and nothing else.

is it possible to get this indy working on this current build ?

thanks for any help that can be given.

There is no error in that indicator so, if "Allow DLL imports" is checked in indicators properties it should work. If it does not then it is a problem of metatrader build 500 not of the indicator

Reason: