Lets Get Real - page 8

John, I think you misunderstood. The scripts that he gave us are great. The buy and sell scripts place your trades and if you deselect the stop loss function there is no stop placed with the broker.

The trailing lines script places a line on the chart and you can drag it where ever you like. When price actually crosses the line, it triggers a close order for your trade. Other than that the broker has no idea of your stop which I think is fantastic. I have been using it live and it is really useful. I know my stops would have been taken out if I had tried to do this without the script.

Steve

Well the end of another promising thread. I was short when the fed news came out and got smacked severely. That is it for me for now. Stops were worthless.

I don't get it. Who thought the fed would actually raise rates??? This was no news but the biggest jump I have seen in years and naturally I was on the wrong side.

Thanks for reading, catch you on the next ride.

Steve

Maybe I misunderstood......

Hi Steve,

I was referring to post #70 and thought BK was mentioning another script than those of post #68.

From post #68 I downloaded the scripts and those are indeed great to work with, especially the trailinglines.

BK can you solve this for me?

THX, John

radatats:
John, I think you misunderstood. The scripts that he gave us are great. The buy and sell scripts place your trades and if you deselect the stop loss function there is no stop placed with the broker.

The trailing lines script places a line on the chart and you can drag it where ever you like. When price actually crosses the line, it triggers a close order for your trade. Other than that the broker has no idea of your stop which I think is fantastic. I have been using it live and it is really useful. I know my stops would have been taken out if I had tried to do this without the script.

Steve

radatats:
Well the end of another promising thread. I was short when the fed news came out and got smacked severely. That is it for me for now. Stops were worthless.

I don't get it. Who thought the fed would actually raise rates??? This was no news but the biggest jump I have seen in years and naturally I was on the wrong side.

Steve

Sorry to hear that.

I was actually long on the Euro and Short on the Swissie this morning, but I closed all of those position (prematurely in hindsight), so I didn't profit handsomely on the move. These freak news moves are unpredictable, and it's just a matter of luck.

Best wishes on the next ride.

Sorry to hear this..

I saw it happening and closed an EA. Also had to take a loss.

Could this be the reason? Printing all those billions of dollars lately causes the Euro to rise against the Dollar. The only thing the Feds could do to back up against the Euro is raise interest rates.

Will it help? Not immedaitely I think. From what I see in daily and weekly chart projections the Euro most likely will rise or be strong until end of April. Beginning May looks like the dollar is going to be stronger again.

B.T.W. Does this really mean you put a stop to this thread? Hope not.

Regards, John

radatats:

Steve

Hi John,

Specifically what r u looking for that those scripts don't provide.

I have an EA that places lines on the charts for adding hard stops....

It's the one I use.

I never trade without a hard stop.

BK

John Edwards:
Hi Steve,

I was referring to post #70 and thought BK was mentioning another script than those of post #68.

From post #68 I downloaded the scripts and those are indeed great to work with, especially the trailinglines.

BK can you solve this for me?

THX, John

Hard stops.....

Hi BK,

First of all thanks for sharing those scripts. Yesterday's jumps on the charts have proven once more that a hard stop is vital all of the time....

I was referring to this sentence from your post (#70): "I have a script that makes a trade and uses stops, take profits and moves a stop line...all without placing any broker orders...."

From this I understood that you have another script different from the ones you posted in #68 which provides the possibility of (visually) placing a trade on a chart complete with Target- and Stopline..... without sending it to the broker, i.e. placing it as a simulated trade.....

Such a script would come in handy when you want to improve yourself in trading and are not sure if you want to take that specific trade for real. I hope you understand me now?

BTW Can you share the EA placing the hard stop lines?

John

bkennedype:
Hi John,

Specifically what r u looking for that those scripts don't provide.

I have an EA that places lines on the charts for adding hard stops....

It's the one I use.

I never trade without a hard stop.

BK

Well yesterday I thought I was dead but like a phoenix I will rise from the ashes of my own demise.

Trading today has already got back over half my losses and I truly believe that I will benefit from this experience. Good thing I don't own a gun. As a retired Marine, trust me I would not have missed the target. Instead I have a few new scars and a very bruised ego.

Lets get real now.

Has anyone had experience with the fibo_s.mq4 indicator? It is absolutely the best I have ever seen. Unfortunately it also bogs my system down and from what I have searched it needs some recoding to get rid of the loops.

Way beyond my abilities. If anyone is willing to tackle this I believe they will have a real winner here. My thanks in advance.

Steve

Files:
fibo_s.mq4  9 kb
gbpusd_3-19.gif  52 kb

Radatats,

FIBO indicator looks nice, but do you really need it? Just look at the price, and see how it bounces off your MA-ish indicator, it shows exactly the same as your FIBO indicator. Besides the indicator is probably only useful in trends, during chop...it is useless.

Besides, the whole TRO method is not based on all these additional indicators, it is based on kinetics.

Good luck to you.

Good points.

Reason: