Trade Perfect - page 8

weirdgod:
Hmm, wont this ban affect the grid systems as well?

If the grid trades just one side at a time, no. I think they know that you can make tons of money trading both sides at the same time. That is the true reason behind the ban.

There have been some price misalignments between my platform (InterbankFX) and RAS equity/balance chart (Alpari). General behaviour and results looks quite different. This will probably be fixed in a few days, when I will move my main account to Alpari.

Profit target is controlled discretionarily by an external variable now. The EA may fight for 3, 5, 10, 20%, anything. I believe this will improve performance. Some past cycles were terminated in 2% when there seemed to be potential for more. Probably in the near future the code will choose the profit target by itself.

Just an update on hedging rule...

Over the weekend I got this mail from FXDD:

---

To our valued clients.

FXDD encourages you to continue to trade as you always have. We have always had solutions to the new NFA hedging rule that will not cause you to change your trading strategies. We will keep you advised.

The FXDD team.

---

So I guess hedging is still allowed there..

Thank you weirdgod for your input. But I am not sure if they can hold it. They are not NFA members but still subject to CFTC regulation. I think if anybody wants to continue using hedging techniques, it is safer to move funds away from US territory. I opened an account with Alpari-UK.

The NFA mess

Orders started to be refused by the server due to the new NFA non hedge rule. My system is not prepared to handle single sided FIFO trades as they want. Simply blocking the EA from trading one side at a time is not enough. It will take time to change the code. At the end of the ongoing cycle I will stop both my signals (IDs 393 and 648). I hope everything ends well, because this morning there were a lot of strange refusals from the server. My preference is to move funds away, but I don't know if this close minded philosophy will spread and must try to adapt. There will come some sort of gain out of this mess: some inefficiencies in analysis and decision making in the code must now be addressed. I expect this will make it better.

The EA is sending signals to RAS from a mini live account with NordMarkets now. Starting balance = USD 3997.68.

Account and RAS equity curves

Interesting... the equity curve shown on RAS stats seems to be very different from the real account. Drawdown looks magnified. MT4 detailed statement does not show equity, but the biggest drawdown I saw during the last 3 weeks was something near 3%, maybe 4%. I would appreciate if someone pointed me to an EA or external program that reads from trade statements and plots an equity curve. Someday maybe I write one. Now I have no time. Must improve the EA first. There is a lot of work to be done yet.

I am suspending this signal for a while, for the following reasons:

1) The EA is too dangerous. The certainty of blowing the account if it is kept trading continuously is not acceptable. For job constraints, I will have no time to monitor or work on it for some months at least.

2) I am trading a mini account. As RAS equity on the advanced stats chart is calculated using standard lots and does not take into account the signal account balance, the distortion is huge (40 times bigger in my case).

I will only issue this signal again after I can produce a 10 (or more) years clean backtest (no catastrophic losses) with similar behaviour on a standard live account. Regards and good trading to all.

Reason: