Trade Perfect

Hi,

"Perfect" is just a name. It helps remind me to chase restlessly every bug I may find in the code. Please read carefully the following summary pasted from the RAS site if you are using or going to use my signals. Here are the links to the Balance and Equity chart for these signals: http://www.rentasignal.com/signal/stats/393 and http://www.rentasignal.com/signal/stats/648 (new). Good trading.

Jairo:
This expert advisor is a work in progress. I wrote it from scratch, so I know its strengths and weaknesses. It trades in the direction of the trend while scanning the market for signs of possible reversal. Sometimes it holds open positions in both directions and averages down on prices. To avoid overleverage, it periodically closes all positions and starts a new cycle. It could be described as a "volatility explorer". Erratic, quiet and normal trending markets are fine. Very strong trends are its Achilles heel at the moment, just like all averaging down algorithms. But its failure rate is low (3 to 4 times in a 10 years backtest). It is a good "drawdown manager", most times coming quickly out of trouble. It collects profits at a reasonably steady average rate (recent results are from 14.85% to 29.56% monthly with conservative settings). I am working on a mechanism to prevent it from loading against strong trends and automatically ajust to market volatility and momentum. This must eliminate the risk of catastrophic losses and may also turn drawdowns smaller, shorter and/or less frequent. I expect eventual losses to be acceptable and not too frequent, so it can hold a positive expectancy.

I usually don't interfere with the trades during a cycle, but may do it from time to time, turn off the EA or reduce its aggressiveness discretionarily between cycles if I believe the market is too dangerous for the way it trades. Improvements are made frequently and may be available without stopping operation. Top priority is given to risk reduction without any major drop in expected returns.

The EA is running on a dedicated computer, set up only to trade (at the moment, 4 FX accounts). It will not get disoriented on return from PC crashes, energy, server or internet outages. There is a second machine prepared to take charge if necessary. For the purpose of this broadcast, it is configured to start trading cycles with 0.01 lot for each US$ 4000 equity, using 100:1 leverage for EURUSD on a standard InterbankFX demo account with $10000 starting balance. It is running also on a live account with exactly the same setup.

After 3 months observing its behaviour, both live and in demo, I feel confident to suggest that it may be used on live accounts, provided that the risk parameters stated in the previous paragraph are respected. The ideal moment to jump in is as close as possible to the cycle starting point. It may be dangerous to enter when it is stretched. The misalignment between the accounts may produce undue losses at the end of the cycle. Don't use the signals on accounts with less than the indicated equity. Set lots multiplier to your balance/signal account balance. To know the true signal account balance, select 10000 in the combo box on the stats page and click filter. Check if the mirrored lots are being generated correctly (0.01 starting lot for each US$4000 in the account). Ideally, you should use the same account balance as the signal account and set lots multiplier to 1. Don't try to second guess the signals. Remember also that different brokers have different margin requirements. Signals from this EA may not be suitable for your broker. As the EA may (and will) use margin intensively from time to time, it is not advisable to interfere with the trades or trade other pairs in the same account.

This signal does not work properly with brokers that quote with 5 decimals. I discovered this yesterday night. There will probably be a fix in a few days.

Lots multiplier

An important correction was made to the summary, about fixing the lots multiplier parameter. The correct procedures is as follows:

"Set lots multiplier to your balance/signal account balance. To know the true signal account balance, select 10000 in the combo box on the stats page and click filter. Check if the mirrored lots are being generated correctly (0.01 starting lot for each US$4000 in the account). Ideally, you should use the same balance as the signal account and set lots multiplier to 1."

Alert: OrderSend Error: 133

Hello, first thank you very much for your signal for free, I tried to demo and it works very well.

Now I wanted to make it alive and gives me this error

2009.02.13 19:35:33 Rentasignal EURUSD, M15: Alert: OrderSend Error: 133 - Trade is disabled

You can help.

Thank you very much for everything

Error 133

Hi again.

I think this is where the problem is the real account is an account in LiteForex cents and the lot must be a minimum of 0.10.

So I multiply the lot by 2.5, but the control panel of the web will not allow me to make any changes

Can you help me?.

Thanks for all.

map280280:
Hi again.

I think this is where the problem is the real account is an account in LiteForex cents and the lot must be a minimum of 0.10.

So I multiply the lot by 2.5, but the control panel of the web will not allow me to make any changes

Can you help me?.

Thanks for all.

Hi map280280,

lot multiplier is lot size only.

if 1 so it is his lot size. If multiply by 2 so it is his lot size multiplied by 2.

As you see from his advanced stats page so his lot size:

minimum 0.02

maximum recorded 3.84

As I understand it is impossible to open 0.01 lot size for LiteForex ... may be I am wrong.

Or it may be simple trading closed. Friday. Some MT4 brokers are closing the trading in different time.

For example, Alpari rus broker may close trading because of Friday but IBFX can work 1 hour more ...

In your case your lot multiplier should be 10 as a minumum ... or 5 ... but in this case max lot size may be big ... but if you have account in cents so it may be fine?

It can not be 2.35 for example.

just 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 and so on.

Error 133

Hi, thanks for your quick response.

- Minimum lot LiteForex cents account is 0.10.

- LiteForex still has not closed his shop.

At the end-use multiplier * 3 and the lot shall be at least 0.04 * 3 = 0.12 and I think it worked.

- The question is where I apply the multiplier? In Attach Expert or in the control panel.

- In the control panel as something goes wrong with this signal provider does not allow me to make any changes. Can you prove it?.

Thank you very much.

Greetings

Hi,

This algorithm may use margin intensively, so be careful setting lots multiplier. Your account equity, account type (mini or standard) and broker rules about margin usage are crucial. Set incorrectly, you may get a margin call while the signal account didn't. Orders may fail (e.g. does your broker count bought and sold lots once or twice?). I wouldn't like to see anybody have a margin call because of wrong lots multiplier settings. Please take care.

map280280:
Hi, thanks for your quick response.

- Minimum lot LiteForex cents account is 0.10.

- LiteForex still has not closed his shop.

At the end-use multiplier * 3 and the lot shall be at least 0.04 * 3 = 0.12 and I think it worked.

- The question is where I apply the multiplier? In Attach Expert or in the control panel.

- In the control panel as something goes wrong with this signal provider does not allow me to make any changes. Can you prove it?.

Thank you very much.

Greetings

I do not know about 0.12 ... check with the broker. Because some brokers is having like that:

they did not have any 0.12 ...

so try to open demo on Liteforex as same type of account and open the trades with 0.12.

As to changing lot multiplier ...

There are 2 places to do it.

First it is your EA settings.

The second one is advances stats page for this ID.

I mean: when you click on signal link to to go to simple stats page (without balance/equity graph) and you can small menue, so 3rd one is

Trade Perfect 3.6 Stats

or

Trade Perfect ... Stats

in my screen.

Click on that. It is advances stats. In the end of the page you can change lot multiplier and stop/resume any pair from using. If you can not so it means that you did not subscribe. How to check it? Go to "My Signals" page and check.

For example:

Files:

Error 133

Thanks again.

I have 2 problems:

1 - The 133 error with the broker, I think I can multiply lots * 3 will be resolved.

2nd - I am subscribed to two providers of signal

- Trigg'3dTrSys can make any change in the control panel without any problem except unsubscribe.

- Trade Perfect 3.6 NOT ALLOW ME TO MAKE A CHANGE FROM THE CONTROL PANEL (Change lots, stop, etc.)..

If you can give the password to try it.

I await your response

Trigg'3dTrSys is free signals. As I know paypal is not involved in free signals (except elite section signals - elite members stop receiving the elite section signals when they unsibscribe from elite section). So, to stop free signals you should simple press "Pause" for all or for some pair you want to stop. Same with free elite section signals. Of course you can always start it once again by same pressing:

And do not forget to press "Save" after changes.

But market is closed now. RAS is does not work in closed market.

Try to change lot multiplier on Monday. If not - post here on Monday and I will speak with the developers.

But it should work on Monday open market anyway.

So, to unsubscribe from free signals: use Pause (immediatelly stop receiving the signal).

To unsubscribe from commercial signals - use paypal (stop at the end of the paid month). Of course you can use "Pause" for commercial signals also (just to stop receiving the signals for some pair) but to stop paying for it - use paypal.

Anyway, you can change lot multiplier inside your RAS EA settings anyway. But EA does not work now: market is closed. Because EA is working when the price is moved by ticks.

Try on Monday.

If not - report here.

But it should work because it is the same feature for all IDs with no difference at all. If it works for Trigg'3dTrSys so it should work for Trade Perfect too.

Files:
Reason: