Trade Perfect - page 6

asam:
Thank you.

Regarding on cycles, is that today the beginning of a new cycle? I saw the EA close the old trades with some loss and start trading again.

Regards.

asam

Yes, one cycle started this morning. At the end of the cycle, in general, some losers are closed.

Jairo, I am interested to know your thoughts on your system with a $1500 starting deposit. Acknowledging the fact that the lots multiplier or the unit size would have to be changed, how would this be done? Is it somethng that is controlled within the RAS setup? Looking forward to your reply. Jerry

jerryd_99:
Jairo, I am interested to know your thoughts on your system with a $1500 starting deposit. Acknowledging the fact that the lots multiplier or the unit size would have to be changed, how would this be done? Is it somethng that is controlled within the RAS setup? Looking forward to your reply. Jerry

Hi jerry,

In theory, it should work on a mini account with $1500, but I never tested the EA on a mini, so I cannot recommend. Lots multiplier (theoretical again) shoud be 0.6 (potential problem here). The reasoning is: $4000 for standard, $400 for mini ---> 0.01 starting lot; $1500 mini ---> 0.03 starting lots; as the signal account is standard $21000, the EA is using 0.05 starting lots; 0.05 x 0.6 = 0.03 (your needed size). But I have not tested. If you try, demo first please. Best option is $4000 standard. Probably next month I will restart the signal on the commercial section and I will always use a $4000 to $8000 standard account to simplify the starting lots setting. Remember also to check the margin requirements of your broker. All is ajusted to InterbankFX standard 100:1.

RAS time lag

Jairo, Have been demoing your signal on an IBFX account for awhile now. Am seeing significant time lag between the signal generated by Trade Perfect 3.6 and the time to reach my PC (via RAS). This is causing some missed trades and/or some trades not closing as expected. I've attached a screen shot. One that stuck out today was the trade highlighted in blue. On the RAS page, the trade (RAS ID 191525) is in profit with 12 pips.

I've changed the "Deviation by default" to 5 pips on my MT4 now. I will monitor over the next few days to see whether this improves the situation. I doubt it will since some trades close with just 10 pips profit

By the way, I've set the lot multiplier to 3 on my demo account.

Files:
pic6.tmp.jpg  177 kb

Hi nazmul,

I couldn't see your account equity in the screenshot. If it is from 60 to 64K, your lots multiplier is correct...

About RAS time lag, I think ND is much more qualified than me to speak.

About the "deviation by default" you mentioned, I suppose it is something similar to "slippage" in the platform.. (?). In the signal account, slippage is set to zero. I don't know if it is interesting to use this on your side. I have not cloned my own signal yet. Maybe I should do it now.

Hi !

I wrote mql script to count the multiplier.Your initial deposit and signal account equity are only input values.The minimum initial deposit is 400.If you want to use the smaller initial deposit than 4000,your broker must allow for nano lot size (0.001).

Unfortunately, by some combinations of both input value ,multiplier is repeating fraction , and I have got no idea how to resolve this problem.Remember to recount multiplier ,when starting lots size change on some of accounts.Script is designed for calculations for standard accounts.Test and use on the own risk.Please say about noticed errors.Sorry for my English.

Files:
tpm.mq4  6 kb

Thank you Patataj for your contribution.

about multiplier

Hi Jairo

According to Ptataj's script, is that true if the equity less than the deposit, we should increase the multiplier, and when equity more than deposit, we should decrease the multiplier.

pls advise me, 4000 of mini account with 0.01 lot, what multiplier should be set? 8000 of mini account with 0.01, what multiplier should be set?

Today with the news released on US afternoon, my test showed around -7000 floating losses, so the $4000 with multiplier=1 will blow up if it started from March. At least $10K account will be better with multiplier=1.

Correct me if I am wrong.

asam

yeah, I have seen the big drop this morning. maybe you can add some time filter or something. Look at the super agent EA which is similar to yours. It's max lot sizes are far more large than your Ea, but the timefilt helping it survived in the such volatile market. Keep going!

asam

Hi asam and all,

Yes, today was a tough day for this EA. I will try to create an emergency exit when strong sudden moves like this occur. I think this EA is still too risky for use with live accounts. A severe equity drop was produced in the signal account. I interfered with the trades, trying to minimize the risk of blowing the account. After the storm, a backtest showed that a margin call would have been produced at 11:50 this morning (broker time). I am thinking about stopping immediately broadcasting this signal, while a solution to mitigate the big wave problem is not implemented (if ever possible). I will keep trying. Hope nobody got burned trading the signals live. I strongly recommend that if you are doing this, please suspend. I will post back if I can improve the security issue.

Next month, if I continue with the signal, I will set up a 4000 USD standard account, so the lots multiplier problem will have an easier solution.

Trade carefully.

Regards.

Jairo.

Reason: