Stochastic EA

I have been helped so much by this forum I thought it was time to give something back. THis is my latest EA effort, which is based on the stochastic turning up (or down) after reaching 80 (or 20). It autocloses when the Williams %R hits an extreme point, generally at a profit, although if you want you can set take profit, stop loss and trailing stop loss.

For some reason it trades a lot more in forward testing than in back-testing, and makes a whole lot more money - I have been forward testing for over a month now and it hasn't missed a beat. I would love someone to take it and improve it with money management etc, my skills are not that great.

It doesn't do well in backtesting before 2008 but I figure the personality of the pair has changed anyway and no EA is forever for that reason.

Best results so far are EURUSD 30min, with default settings. I use it on IBFX.

25/2/09 I have added an update that looks at the magic number before it closes a trade.

8th Mar 09 I have fixed a bug that kept it opening and closing but have also uploaded an improved version that works better on other currencies as well (V4)

Files:

sfindlay:
I have been helped so much by this forum I thought it was time to give something back. THis is my latest EA effort, which is based on the stochastic turning up (or down) after reaching 80 (or 20). It autocloses when the Williams %R hits an extreme point, generally at a profit, although if you want you can set take profit, stop loss and trailing stop loss.

For some reason it trades a lot more in forward testing than in back-testing, and makes a whole lot more money - I have been forward testing for over a month now and it hasn't missed a beat. I would love someone to take it and improve it with money management etc, my skills are not that great.

It doesn't do well in backtesting before 2008 but I figure the personality of the pair has changed anyway and no EA is forever for that reason.

Best results so far are EURUSD 30min, with default settings. I use it on IBFX.

sfindlay,,,,,

Tq 4 ur EA,,,

Added money management

Hi,

Thanks for sharing, have uploaded a version with basic money management - reinv is the reinvest percentage (default at 10%) in 2008 with reinv at 10% it would have made over 1000% (100,000 from 10,000) !

Files:
stoch_ea-mm.mq4  13 kb

stochastics ea

thanks nice EA!

Hello Guys,

I am still learning FX indicators, may you tell me how can I learn to use stochastic indicator?

Thanks so much for your feedback!

Stochastic EA

Hey SteveI suggest you do what I did, a google search on stochastic, there is a wealth of information out there on what it is and how people trade it, (including on this forum) and then load it onto one of your charts and study it for your own use. This EA uses the stochastic moving out of the 'overbought' or 'oversold' zone as a sell or buy trigger if it is moving in the same direction as the trend, with a moving average to determine the trend. If the personality changes you can try changing the values of the upper and lower limit, or put on a sliding stop loss.

For those who want to read the logic I created this EA on a template Expert Advisor Builder for MetaTrader 4 - thanks so much to the author of this EA builder. You can upload the mq4 version into this website to make changes or view the logic.

Thanks Leebfor your programming expertise! Appreciated. Attached is the same backtest graph with MM.

Now if someone can only figure out how to squeeze more pips out of some of the trades that close before the trend ends.

Files:

Looks good for EURUSD, but no so for a few other pairs I tried.

Took 2 trades so far, both winners. Its definitely not an EA for people that are looking for a lot of action thou.

Not High Action

No you are right it is a high probability EA that makes fewer trades. I use it with about 5 others that are all higher probability low trade volume and it gives me less drawdown.

sfindlay:
No you are right it is a high probability EA that makes fewer trades. I use it with about 5 others that are all higher probability low trade volume and it gives me less drawdown.

Good deal. All of them together probably have alot of action. I have a question since i don't know anything about the coding thing. Does this EA have fuctions to make sure orders are executed despite requotes, offquotes and all the other mambo jumbo those pesky brokers use to mess with us? Coders call them loops i think? I would like to test it out of small live IBFX mini acctount.

zomg:
Good deal. All of them together probably have alot of action. I have a question since i don't know anything about the coding thing. Does this EA have fuctions to make sure orders are executed despite requotes, offquotes and all the other mambo jumbo those pesky brokers use to mess with us? Coders call them loops i think? I would like to test it out of small live IBFX mini acctount.

No unfortunately I am not that clever. It allows for slippage to a point but that is all. It is a good idea and definitely would be an improvement!

Reason: