Stochastic EA - page 3

Mm???

azjeff:
Good results for you. I did not have positive results.

Regards,

Jeff

MM do not work with less 1.00 lot

Can Anybory make a MM thar work with less 1 lot?

If I put 0.50 MM do not work

What is reinv?

If I put lot 0,20 and reinv 0,30 it start with 0,30 why?

Can I take off the william and left only stoch?

Thanks

Installation Troubles

I have been trying to install the file from post 3 with the money management Stoch EA-mm.mq4 and when I try to compile it I get all errors. Also do you insert the stochastic indicator to the chart and if so what setting are you using?

gaivy912

sfindlay:
I have been helped so much by this forum I thought it was time to give something back. THis is my latest EA effort, which is based on the stochastic turning up (or down) after reaching 80 (or 20). It autocloses when the Williams %R hits an extreme point, generally at a profit, although if you want you can set take profit, stop loss and trailing stop loss.

For some reason it trades a lot more in forward testing than in back-testing, and makes a whole lot more money - I have been forward testing for over a month now and it hasn't missed a beat. I would love someone to take it and improve it with money management etc, my skills are not that great.

It doesn't do well in backtesting before 2008 but I figure the personality of the pair has changed anyway and no EA is forever for that reason.

Best results so far are EURUSD 30min, with default settings. I use it on IBFX.

OBSERVATION: The HTM Report of the Backtest shows 5 mismatched errors. In order to get a true and more accurate backtest you need to run the Strategy Tester on a brand new downloaded MT4 Platform. Then you will have 0 mismatched errors and a truer modeling quality. I did this with your EA and only got a 54% modeling quality (with no mismatched errors). This tells me that the accuracy of your results are in question.

Results so far

I can't say much about backtesting, but my forward test is doing

great with Leeb's Stoch EA-mm. Running eight pairs and float has

never been a problem. Report attached.

Hello Chicago Rob,

Very nice results. Are you using default settings? If not would you mind posting your set file? Also, would you mind sharing what time frame you are running it on?

Regards,

Jeff

ChicagoRob:
I can't say much about backtesting, but my forward test is doing

great with Leeb's Stoch EA-mm. Running eight pairs and float has

never been a problem. Report attached.

azjeff:
Hello Chicago Rob,

Very nice results. Are you using default settings? If not would you mind posting your set file? Also, would you mind sharing what time frame you are running it on?

Regards,

Jeff

I'm using the first eight pairs off of IBFX Market Watch, all on M30,

flat lots at $1/pip, and 15 reinvest input. The actual trading lot

size, as determined by the EA, is .5 lots. I recently added four more

pairs, so I can weed out the four best of the 12. I will post my future

results to the thread.

Rob

I had an idea to improve this EA!

WPR, Aroon, and color stochastic

how to read Aroon

Aroon Indicator - Technical Analysis

for above page red line is down trend line and greed line is up trend line. so at center of this indicator on this page shows down trend line which is red. is totally ended, and up tend line which is green is start testing the 100

rule when Aroon show end trend, wait WPR start to moving either up or down. when it does wait for color stochastic to turn color.

Aroon and WPR both indicator can be found at codebase

kaamos:
Hi epsilon:

I took a little time and i made an expert using the conditions that you gave us.

I was trying to optimize it and looks promising. Later i will post some optimization results.

Enjoy it.

Has anybody been able to get Doublestochastic EA to trade? Im testing mine on Alpari US and no trades at all for past couple of days.

mtuppers:
I had an idea to improve this EA!

WPR, Aroon, and color stochastic

how to read Aroon

Aroon Indicator - Technical Analysis

for above page red line is down trend line and greed line is up trend line. so at center of this indicator on this page shows down trend line which is red. is totally ended, and up tend line which is green is start testing the 100

rule when Aroon show end trend, wait WPR start to moving either up or down. when it does wait for color stochastic to turn color.

Aroon and WPR both indicator can be found at codebase

Doesn't open trades ?

1Dave7:
OBSERVATION: The HTM Report of the Backtest shows 5 mismatched errors. In order to get a true and more accurate backtest you need to run the Strategy Tester on a brand new downloaded MT4 Platform. Then you will have 0 mismatched errors and a truer modeling quality. I did this with your EA and only got a 54% modeling quality (with no mismatched errors). This tells me that the accuracy of your results are in question.

If you have a look at the backtest journal you will see what days the mismatched chart errors are specific to. I ran the backtest on my live account (hopefully accurate data collected there!) and had 6 that were specific to a date in September (2009.02.04 18:47:31 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 811 at 2008.09.18 12:00 exceeded)

). The rest of the testing appears valid therefore, however i am not an expert in backtesting. My forward testing has not taken a loss yet, however, so I"m happy with the validity. I'd show it but i am backtesting a dozen EAs on different magics, so the report is kinda messy, so I hope my word is enough. I have no attachment to this EA, so don't mind criticism and love improvements!

Reason: