Stochastic EA - page 20

Stoch ea

I don't understand 1 minute charts are 1 minute charts. There should be some trades but EvERY ONE of these EA's are not trading on my broker..../.... I can back test ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY LOOOOOOOOOOONG and NEVER GET A DAMN TRADE on a LIVE OR DEMO ACCOUNT......

There should be atleast 2 trades a day. period

So why does these STOCH EA not WORK EVEN UNDER DEFAULT SETTING

pnponboard:
I don't understand 1 minute charts are 1 minute charts. There should be some trades but EvERY ONE of these EA's are not trading on my broker..../.... I can back test ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY LOOOOOOOOOOONG and NEVER GET A DAMN TRADE on a LIVE OR DEMO ACCOUNT......

Last i checked this one on post #190

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179114

works on any broker

issues with some solutions

mrtools:
Last i checked this one on post #190

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179114

works on any broker

I've got that one downloaded installed and thats not even working... The setting are not very clear.

Why should there be and option for ECN doesn't make and difference Sysmbols and PRE-Suf.fixs should be auto reguardless what they are.... Auto magic REALLY???? I've never seen and EA just work for back testing and not on LIVE or DEMOs

I'm feeling the feelings the guy did about the 1 week no trades.

Here's what's going to make this thing great.

Don't NEED's

Emergency Stops these are a waste of coding

Stopson Slow Stoch

TPon WPR....

OPTIONS TO TURN OFF OR ON

reInv (Never should anyone be allowed to set a percentage of any account 100% always leads to busted accounts)

**Do needs

MM (from the V4)

MAGIC #

Slip

Stoch settings

TP

SL

TS

MODIFY Scripts for the FIFO and US REG Brokers... that dont allow preset ea's Like FOREX.com

Signal Email **(OK)*

each tick mode. I have no clue but I think its already built in to what ever you apply the ea to a chart.

Comments **(nice feature to have be able to change when needed to confuse broker or etc...

trading hours **(yeah thats cool and all but There is so much potential just letting the EA trade when the rules apply...

This might help someone with the broker and digits problem:::

After the settings bools and Tp SL stuff this is inserted....

datetime TT,TT2,AT;

int MyDigits;

double MyPoint;

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

//| expert initialization function |

int init()

{

//----

if(Digits==5)MyDigits=4;

else if(Digits==3)MyDigits=2;

else MyDigits = Digits;

if (Point == 0.00001) MyPoint = 0.0001; //6 digits

else if (Point == 0.001) MyPoint = 0.01; //3 digits (for Yen based pairs)

else MyPoint = Point; //Normal

TT = iTime(Symbol(),0,0);

//----

return(0);

}

//| expert deinitialization function |

int deinit()

{

//----

//----

return(0);

}

pnponboard:

It might have to do with the dll being required to get GMT time info for the comment.

The version attached does not show the time info so no dll required.

I also got rid of the prefix and suffix requirement for symbol.

Robert

Files:

int MyDigits;

double MyPoint;

//| expert initialization function |

int init()

{

//----

if(Digits==5)MyDigits=4;

else if(Digits==3)MyDigits=2;

else MyDigits = Digits;

if (Point == 0.00001) MyPoint = 0.0001; //6 digits

else if (Point == 0.001) MyPoint = 0.01; //3 digits (for Yen based pairs)

else MyPoint = Point; //Normal

TT = iTime(Symbol(),0,0);

//----

return(0);

}

//| expert deinitialization function |

int deinit()

{

//----

//----

return(0);

}

Hi pnponboard,

Maybe you can get MrPip to add his extra digit code

MrPip:
It might have to do with the dll being required to get GMT time info for the comment.

The version attached does not show the time info so no dll required.

I also got rid of the prefix and suffix requirement for symbol.

Robert

Somewhere near double Buy14_2 = 1;

'Buy5_2' - variable not defined C:\Program Files\ - MetaTrader\experts\Stoch Ea_v4.2.mq4 (224, 80)

I replaced the buy14_2 with buy5_2

just FYI

Stochastic

For this EA to work, you need to add an stochastic to your chart, as the EA trades based off the stochastic. I'm using 8,3,3 setting (30M) on a VPS. I'll let everyone know the results at the end of each week.

Jamyz:
For this EA to work, you need to add an stochastic to your chart, as the EA trades based off the stochastic. I'm using 8,3,3 setting (30M) on a VPS. I'll let everyone know the results at the end of each week.

Are you serious I have to add the indicator to the chart for it work. out of 200 posts why the hell hasn't someone said something earlier.... I never knew the ea was looking for the indicator because the EA had no errors when I backtested......

not to mention Indicators are suppose to be built in the EA with the settings to allow control over what #'s are used.

What version are you refering to that works????

pnponboard:
Are you serious I have to add the indicator to the chart for it work. out of 200 posts why the hell hasn't someone said something earlier.... I never knew the ea was looking for the indicator because the EA had no errors when I backtested......

not to mention Indicators are suppose to be built in the EA with the settings to allow control over what #'s are used.

What version are you refering to that works????

Reason no one said anything out of 200 post because what he said was not true, haven't really decided due to language differences if he was asking a question or what, the Ea is calling the indicator, as long as the indicator is in your indicators folder, or like those called from this Ea, built in should be no problem.

That's what I thought...

I tried this EA for a week straight and didn't make a single trade, so I then added the stochastic to my chart and it's been working. As an EA you shouldn't need to do that, but if you look in the inputs, you'll notice there isn't a field for stochastic settings. Try it, it's working perfectly. I'm using v3 fixed pnponboard.

Reason: