Stochastic EA - page 12

New Version 4

Folks after much head scratching I have released a new, much improved version that so far I have only tested on USDJPY and EURUSD but it backtests really well back through the years which the other version didn't and definitely does NOT burn through your equity. The drawdown is very low on this one.

Attached is the USDJPY set file. Again it is a low volume high probability trader. I will continue to evolve this but would appreciate if anybody has the time to test it.

This version has the RSI added to it. It buys when the RSI is above 45, and sells when the RSI is below 52. Also I have added:

-a slow stochastic to act as a take profit, (but you can set the take profit manually if you want)

-a %WPR to either act as an emergency stop if the price is going down fast and

- a second %WPR take profit if the price is moving up really fast.

Play around with these as you can take the emergency stop loss off for example, and manually close.

There is an ordinary Stop Loss set by default at 200, if disaster strikes that is your safety net. It will only activate if it is needed to as the logical stoplosses and take profits should kick in first.

Please if you do test it consider others and upload your set files as you find a good fit for other currencies through your backtesting.

EA Double Stok

kaamos:
Hi epsilon:

I took a little time and i made an expert using the conditions that you gave us.

I was trying to optimize it and looks promising. Later i will post some optimization results.

Enjoy it.

Hi kaamos,

can you help me to create this EA based on two stocastic oscillator?

only 2 stok

1) %K 8 %D 11 slow 3 close/close [colour: NONE - signal MAGENTA]

2) %K 3 %D 3 slow 5 close/close [colour: AQUA - signal NAVY]

FRAME H1

PROFIT 100

STOPLOSS 100

EUR_USD

when stok 1[signal] is > 50 and stok 2 crossbullish [and stok 1(signal)now > stok 1(signal)previous] BUY

when stok 1[signal] is < 50 and stok 2 crossbearish [and stok 1(signal)now < stok1(signal)previous] SELL

CLOSE ONLY IF TARGET/STOPLOSS OR REVERSAL SIGNAL

Attached example

Thanks!..........and.............Sorry for my english......

treuzelen:
I think this is a good strategy to work with 2 or 3 stochs. I am backtesting this strategy manually and it looks good the best to all!

Sure It looks good!

I am backtesting manually the strategy but some signal are when I'm sleeping... so..... I think an EA it could be The egg of Columbus!!!

I installed latest version. Original version had best results on EU and GU and worst on GJ. Rest of the pairs i tested had either small losses or small profits.

Double Stoch

treuzelen:
I think this is a good strategy to work with 2 or 3 stochs. I am backtesting this strategy manually and it looks good the best to all!

I think this strategy will work better with a fast and slower stoch eg, 9,3,3 & 33,13,5.

There is also a set up when they seperate and one is below 50 and the other is coming from over bought area and vice versa.

staceywlee:
I think this strategy will work better with a fast and slower stoch eg, 9,3,3 & 33,13,5. There is also a set up when they seperate and one is below 50 and the other is coming from over bought area and vice versa.

Are you using the double stoch?

sfindlay:
Folks after much head scratching I have released a new, much improved version that so far I have only tested on USDJPY and EURUSD but it backtests really well back through the years which the other version didn't and definitely does NOT burn through your equity. The drawdown is very low on this one.

Attached is the USDJPY set file. Again it is a low volume high probability trader. I will continue to evolve this but would appreciate if anybody has the time to test it.

This version has the RSI added to it. It buys when the RSI is above 45, and sells when the RSI is below 52. Also I have added:

-a slow stochastic to act as a take profit, (but you can set the take profit manually if you want)

-a %WPR to either act as an emergency stop if the price is going down fast and

- a second %WPR take profit if the price is moving up really fast.

Play around with these as you can take the emergency stop loss off for example, and manually close.

There is an ordinary Stop Loss set by default at 200, if disaster strikes that is your safety net. It will only activate if it is needed to as the logical stoplosses and take profits should kick in first.

Please if you do test it consider others and upload your set files as you find a good fit for other currencies through your backtesting.

ur very kind man... nice ea...

i wish, i can be like u..

regards,

MANSTIR

epsilonagency:
Hi to all here.

Im testing a manual trading system which is using only 2 stochastics.

1. stochastic 120,3,3 which is giving me the trend up/down

2. stochastic 15,3,3 for enter and exit.

pair EUR/GBP 1MIN

Rules

long trade stoch 1 must be 85 or above and stoch 2 must be 40 or less . stoploss 35 pips. exit the trade at 50 pips or stoch 2 reaches 95.

short trade stoch 1 must be 10 or less and stoch 2 must be 70 or above.exit the trade at50 pips or stoch 2 reaches 10.

Im testing it for 3 days know , i took about 8 trades all profitable.

forgot to tell 1 rule more when you take a long trade then you have to take short trade it goes l/s/l/s......

Because it use 1 min timeframe it a little bit scalping but i switch it to 5,15,30 and 1 hour and scroll back to see how it performs.Not bad maybe at 30 and 1 hour need a litlle more stoploss but bigger take profit.

the goal in my opinion is to take profit from the market so i dont care if i trade less frequently.

can anyone make a EA with this settings to see whow it performs?

thanks

john

Im sorry for my english is my second lanquage

Hi,

Very interesting.Mind to know if you use in timeframe H1, which stoch do you swith to 5,15,30? Stoc 1(120,3,3) or stoc 2(15,3,3)? Thnks.

Reason: