Stochastic EA - page 21

This is the original i posted trading without indicator on my chart, and this was version before all the changes were done, so indicator is not needed on your chart for the Ea to trade, and Ea was fine as is. If your broker has an extra letter in its currency pair name mine is NZDUSDi in my case you need to enter i in your external parameters suffix = i.

Jamyz:
I tried this EA for a week straight and didn't make a single trade, so I then added the stochastic to my chart and it's been working. As an EA you shouldn't need to do that, but if you look in the inputs, you'll notice there isn't a field for stochastic settings. Try it, it's working perfectly. I'm using v3 fixed pnponboard.

Well i thought your idea might work with EA mm V4 but apprently it doesn't either.

I'm going to try the V3 and 4.1 again.... if this doesn't work I'm sending the EA MM V4 to a guy I know for fact can make it work.

thanks for the info Jam

Had lost my connection just restarted my testing platform and v4.1 opened a buy on m5 USDCAD.

mrtools:
Had lost my connection just restarted my testing platform and v4.1 opened a buy on m5 USDCAD.

Well I think I figured out why it doesn't work for me.......

Mrtools has Ic markets broker A ECN Broker. I have forexFS broker, STP broker, Allows hedging and EAs None of the Stoch ea's are working for me except one I purchased it some time ago.....

Who knows what the issue is but I'm sending the Stoch MM V4 to a friend who can for sure get this figured out.

ECN Broker & STP broker is the difference

Mr tool you have ECN Broker I have STP broker

Thats why it works for you I don't have pre or suffixes some rules to this EA don't work live for some reason...

anyway I'm sending it in to someone folks that know more about coding and get it done like i want it.

I'll let you all know how it rolls.

pnponboard:
Mr tool you have ECN Broker I have STP broker

Thats why it works for you I don't have pre or suffixes some rules to this EA don't work live for some reason...

anyway I'm sending it in to someone folks that know more about coding and get it done like i want it.

I'll let you all know how it rolls.

Well hope you get it working, all this time been saying it should work on all brokers, apparently not true, sorry for the hassle,and would really like to know what is causing the problem, so maybe can add it, anyway just finished cleaning, my mess in 4.1 version, it should automatically adapt the prefix and suffix now, and now all the stoch,rsi, and wpr settings on open and close are external parameters, will post it once I'm sure it trades.

mrtools:
Well hope you get it working, all this time been saying it should work on all brokers, apparently not true, sorry for the hassle,and would really like to know what is causing the problem, so maybe can add it, anyway just finished cleaning, my mess in 4.1 version, it should automatically adapt the prefix and suffix now, and now all the stoch,rsi, and wpr settings on open and close are external parameters, will post it once I'm sure it trades.

This is the version was talking about in this quote, seems to be working fine(seems i remember saying that before) no need for worrying about the magic number,extra digits, or extra prefixs or suffixs. Also made the parameters to where they can be changed, optimized etc., but tried to match the original concept much as i could, in the picture is a current open trade,using a 10 pip trailing stop, to see how it goes, may turn it into a sort of 10 pip scalper.

Files:

Stoch EA-mm-V4 FIXED

Stoch EA-mm-V4

I had it rebuilt with the newest MQL4 for MT4 Verison... this version had issues of not working properly with certain Brokers. this was caused by the digits or Pre/Suffixes......

So it cost me $ to have it fixed.........

Not to mention 1st trade was 2 days TP of 60pips..... My settings and doing backtest Etc. It makes $1500 a month according to the back tests but, I'll have to wait for a month or two to find out if it will make it or break it..... I will keep you all informed of the updated trades on a monthly basis if it does good. Maybe I might do something for you all that replied in my need for help, because you never forget the folks that gave you a hand.....

Just to let you folks know. Giving you my settings will NOT bring you the same results. Different brokers different feed speeds different banks envolved. So the results will not be the same for you... But I'll explain more about that in the future because I can see something big is coming and I'm excited to share it with a few of you.

So please don't ask for my settings or this EA that I paid for to have fixed. I WILL post it for all when I feel it's time. This EA doesn't have a shelf life so It will work 3 years from now when the markets have crashed and go side to side.

Thanks for the help

pnponboard:
Stoch EA-mm-V4

I had it rebuilt with the newest MQL4 for MT4 Verison... this version had issues of not working properly with certain Brokers. this was caused by the digits or Pre/Suffixes......

So it cost me $ to have it fixed.........

Not to mention 1st trade was 2 days TP of 60pips..... My settings and doing backtest Etc. It makes $1500 a month according to the back tests but, I'll have to wait for a month or two to find out if it will make it or break it..... I will keep you all informed of the updated trades on a monthly basis if it does good. Maybe I might do something for you all that replied in my need for help, because you never forget the folks that gave you a hand.....

Just to let you folks know. Giving you my settings will NOT bring you the same results. Different brokers different feed speeds different banks envolved. So the results will not be the same for you... But I'll explain more about that in the future because I can see something big is coming and I'm excited to share it with a few of you.

So please don't ask for my settings or this EA that I paid for to have fixed. I WILL post it for all when I feel it's time. This EA doesn't have a shelf life so It will work 3 years from now when the markets have crashed and go side to side.

Thanks for the help

Cool, thanks for the report gives me hope will be able to fix the version here.

Well sad news and good news

I've been doing research on this ea and the settings. Stoch mm V4..... Love it for a while. looked great on Optimized back testing.... Live didn't do so well. Multi pair trading I would be up +$300 one week and the next lost -$300 Varies. So but I think this is brought by the seasonal holiday's..... Thanksgiving was sideways but GU EU AU NZ All were boosted by that and My settings used were selling so I took losses this week. Also I've came to the conclusion AU and EU are the only pairs I would trade with this EA until the account is in or has a balance of more than 2000.oo then use more Pairs.

I'll give you some idea what my settings are because without this someone won't know how to explain it to me.....

I've got

mm 1

Reinv 10

M#

SM -False

ETM -TRUE

lots

Slippage

SL- TRUE

TP -TRUE

TS- TRUe on some pairs

maxLots -5

EStoploss- false

StopSlowStoch - False

TpWPR - FALSE

My only problem I see is it doesn't close on reversals. there is no command code to tell it to close on reversals.....I see a few others but i'm working on those in the mean time.

I don't understand how this EA is executing trades. As in what numbers is it using to open a sell or buy If stoch lines are below or what ever...... just say for instance 80H 20L Levels

MrTool Your EA that you mentioned to me needs updated digit codes to work with ECN and STP brokers. basically an OPTION to say YES OR NO. Also Use a tick mode

coding isn't my strong point but i'm able to manipulate the coding to get things to work and this has helped me with a similar EA which I'm taking apart all the best settings and putting them into one.....

Everyone loves Money Management Won't bust the account completely, SL TP TS TRADE HOURS all that goods stuff. Well I'm bringing it all in one I'm also looking into some confirmation trading settings. basically 2 or 3 indicators = buy. Trade will execute.... may not happen but i'm a long ways of making this happen any time soon.

Reason: