_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 333

Does anyone want to share with their real/demo results?

Hi sorry for being a complete noob here.

How do you actually make the EA do forward testing using strategy tester?

I tried to load it in strategy tester but no trades were done

Thanks for the help.

heshuhan:
Hi sorry for being a complete noob here.

How do you actually make the EA do forward testing using strategy tester?

I tried to load it in strategy tester but no trades were done

Thanks for the help.

Pick one of the pairs that have low spread, or change the max spread parameter for the pair you pick. Check the journal for error msgs if that doesn't work.

MC

By the way, where can one find Thunder4WD? Thanks

MadCow:
The backtest report at the site you posted is for a different version of RDB_cash. The parameters optimized are different, and the EA is different. It is a simple matter to post your results, though I can understand why you might feel they are proprietary, since it takes a lot of time to optimize with so many parameters.

This EA is like Thunder which has so many parameters that you can always find a satisfactory set. However, the issue is whether a set that is satisfactory for the last months will still be satisfactory next month. This can be answered using walk-forward optimization, but MT4 does not support that test

Demo results would be interesting, live results even more.

ls1202abc:
By the way, where can one find Thunder4WD? Thanks

As far as I know, the only public version is on this thread. Search the attachments. rdb once promised to send the latest version to anyone who donated, but I do not think he has made that promise lately, since the commercialization of rdb_cash. If you cannot find the version on the site, PM me.

Beware that Thunder has the same problems as rdb cash and your lucky. They fail badly occasionally, and fail over several months at a time. Optimizations do not generalize well with these EA's.

MC

Response to Jares -read 78%

I see too that there are multiple versions of the three primary EAs (Thunder, Cash and some-other) and are all being tested on numerous platforms, timeframes, charts et cetra, ad nauseum. Omnia Extares!

My thought/suggestion for this afternoon is to open a forum or topic whereby we ppl who have dedicated time, energy and resources to come here seeking, among other things ( knowledge, freedom ) , the discovery and creation of (an) Expert Advisor(s) that actually work and are actualy profitable.

I see that many ppl here ARE doing just that, coming here and sharing and returning to write championship EAs which are then placed into the market to be sold for great sums of EUR/USD.

So, I ask, why can we not create a forum where WE collectivly design, code test and use for ourselves an EA that works - for us who are here.

If the Novice, Beginners, Advanced, Professional (Coders and Traders)

were in an office together then we could - in a heart-beat - put together a system that would be quite profitable for each of us - in very little time.

Just a thought.

-Gresham

Reason: