Fast Fourier Transform - Cycle Extraction - page 64

mladen,

thanks for the original spectr indi for the main window.

Is there a solution of the spectr 2.06 version for the main chart window also ?

Sixer

Sixer

The indicator is using moving average as a "zero line" for projection on chart.

In order to have something similar to 2.06 version, first the average should be extrapolated and only then the values could be extrapolated to that new formed values. It would bring too much uncertainty (at least that is my opinion) since it would depend too much of the extrapolated average (and extrapolation type). That problem does not exist in the "separate" version since there zero is used for that purpose and "extrapolating" a zero line to the future is always 100% accurate and that way only the waves extrapolation is left as an uncertain value

Sixer:
mladen,

thanks for the original spectr indi for the main window.

Is there a solution of the spectr 2.06 version for the main chart window also ?

Sixer

Great thread guys I am super impressed with it. A while back on this thread I posted a chart of the AUSUSD showing a potential reaction point, which was spot on. I studied a load of ganns work and his past trades. I came at cycles from a different angle that being astro cycles. However I found that they sometimes worked and sometimes did not. But, I back engineered a lot of Ganns original trades to find out what he was doing, and he clearly was using astro cycles in his prediction.

What I noted from Ganns work was that repeating cycles are super long and the work that is being done here is not looking at the complete picture, hence your cycles appear to fade out, they actually don't but appear to because you need to look back 3,5,10,20 years to see them. On another forum I called the low in the EURUSD before the day and the turn in advance, this was based on a solar eclipse cycle and you can tell when they will work and when they will fail.

I would like to work with some of you, because I am not a coder but my knowledge of Gann and cycles is quite advanced I also am familiar with the work of Hurst and Patterson which I think will allow a greater degree of confidence in the location of tops and bottoms.

One of you talked about eyeballing charts and looking for cycles, here you can see on this chart how the eyeballing process was done using simple circles. You can see that one cycle splits neatly into 1/2 then 1/4 allowing simple projections forward. While not always perfect they can sometimes be amazingly accurate.

2012-12-31_1351 - FXMike's library

I have been looking at this for 5 years and I would welcome a colabouration if anyone is interested.

Happy New Year to you all

Mike haran

smalldog2:
Great thread guys I am super impressed with it. A while back on this thread I posted a chart of the AUSUSD showing a potential reaction point, which was spot on. I studied a load of ganns work and his past trades. I came at cycles from a different angle that being astro cycles. However I found that they sometimes worked and sometimes did not. But, I back engineered a lot of Ganns original trades to find out what he was doing, and he clearly was using astro cycles in his prediction.

What I noted from Ganns work was that repeating cycles are super long and the work that is being done here is not looking at the complete picture, hence your cycles appear to fade out, they actually don't but appear to because you need to look back 3,5,10,20 years to see them. On another forum I called the low in the EURUSD before the day and the turn in advance, this was based on a solar eclipse cycle and you can tell when they will work and when they will fail.

I would like to work with some of you, because I am not a coder but my knowledge of Gann and cycles is quite advanced I also am familiar with the work of Hurst and Patterson which I think will allow a greater degree of confidence in the location of tops and bottoms.

One of you talked about eyeballing charts and looking for cycles, here you can see on this chart how the eyeballing process was done using simple circles. You can see that one cycle splits neatly into 1/2 then 1/4 allowing simple projections forward. While not always perfect they can sometimes be amazingly accurate.

2012-12-31_1351 - FXMike's library

I have been looking at this for 5 years and I would welcome a colabouration if anyone is interested.

Happy New Year to you all

Mike haran

Welcome aboard Mike,

You will fit nicely here and I believe you will find a few cycle expert members in this thread very helpful.

Cheers,

Pip

HELLO MR MLADEN, CAN HELP ME

CAN be made CALCULATION FOR "COMPOSITE CYCLE", AUTOMATICALLY PICK FOUR OF SEVEN CYCLES WITH HIGHEST AMPLITUDE.

EX : CYCLES 1, 2, 3 AND 4 IS FOUR HIGH AMPLITUDE COMPARED WITH CYCLES 5, 6 AND 7. SO COMPOSITE CYCLES CALCULATED BY USING THE FOUR CYCLE.

Thanks for the help.

Q_Mouze

Goertzel browser already does it so doing would be some kind of replicating the Goertzel browser

Q_Mouze:
HELLO MR MLADEN, CAN HELP ME

CAN be made CALCULATION FOR "COMPOSITE CYCLE", AUTOMATICALLY PICK FOUR OF SEVEN CYCLES WITH HIGHEST AMPLITUDE.

EX : CYCLES 1, 2, 3 AND 4 IS FOUR HIGH AMPLITUDE COMPARED WITH CYCLES 5, 6 AND 7. SO COMPOSITE CYCLES CALCULATED BY USING THE FOUR CYCLE.

Thanks for the help.

mladen:
q_mouze goertzel browser already does it so doing would be some kind of replicating the goertzel browser

where can i get it?

Either at advanced elite section or a more developed version here : Goertzel browser

Q_Mouze:
where can i get it?

PS: or you have a version made by crodzilla here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178842/page12 (that was the start point for development that came after that version)

humble request

Greetings Mladen,

I hope you and everyone in the Forex-TSD family had a nice and relaxing holiday season. I would like to ask about the possibility of adding a feature the Specter indicator please. What I am looking for is the addition of an object that marks the peak and the trough on the main chart that correspond to the sign wave in the Spectr indicator. This of course would be controlled via a boolean and each cycle would get its unique type of object for distinction. This object would also be subordinate to the selected cycle so that if some cycles are disabled, their associated object on the chart would not show up either. When the composite cycle is selected then a new object would appear on the chart that correspond to the composite cycle peaks and troughs.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks,

Pip

Reason: