Fast Fourier Transform - Cycle Extraction - page 65

Pip

By "sign wave" do you mean composite wave?

Pip:
Greetings Mladen,

I hope you and everyone in the Forex-TSD family had a nice and relaxing holiday season. I would like to ask about the possibility of adding a feature the Specter indicator please. What I am looking for is the addition of an object that marks the peak and the trough on the main chart that correspond to the sign wave in the Spectr indicator. This of course would be controlled via a boolean and each cycle would get its unique type of object for distinction. This object would also be subordinate to the selected cycle so that if some cycles are disabled, their associated object on the chart would not show up either. When the composite cycle is selected then a new object would appear on the chart that correspond to the composite cycle peaks and troughs.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks,

Pip

mladen:
Pip By "sign wave" do you mean composite wave?

Here is what i mean. Please review the charts below.

I would like this

To look like this

This is a chart of my recent analysis of EU on M15 time frame. You will notice I have used the cycle tool to mark the corresponding peaks and troughs for both the major and the minor cycle. What I would like is to implement a few features that would would make it easier to follow the cycles and projections on the chart that automatically correspond to the selected cycle instead of having to use the cycle tool in MT4

Here are some of the suggested functionality

1) A global Boolean that controls the use of the object on the chart (bool MarkCycles = enable).

2) The Boolean controlling the specific cycle display (e.g. bool Cycle1 = True/False) also controls the display of the associated object on the chart if global Boolean is enabled (i.e. subordinate to the global Boolean above).

3) Each cycle has its own associated pair of objects on the chart.

4) Each cycle object's location on the chart is controlled by the cycles coefficient and hence each progressively larger cycle get a slightly higher (vertically) location from the high of the bar it prints above.

4) Each object's size is controlled by the cycles coefficient and hence each progressively larger cycle gets a slightly larger object size (for distinction).

5) Each object pairs' colors are controlled through external variable.

6) Objects extend to the future along with the projected cycle.

7) Each projected object has a date and time stamp identifying the potential turning point (only for projected objects).

8) The size of the font is also controlled by the cycle coefficient and thus each progressively larger cycle has a larger font associated with its object's date and time stamp

9) These objects update location (i.e. date and time) as the associated cycle updates.

10) If composite cycle is enabled, it too has its own group of objects on the chart that extend in the future as described above.

I hope this helps. If not, let me know.

Cheers,

Pip

P.S. If you feel like doing a bit more, you can add a line object on the chart that connects the close of the bar falling under the peak to the close of the bar falling under the trough based on the controlling cycle. Ultimately this would create a zig zag type of look that follows the cycle's highs and lows.

Files:

Pip

the problem is that spectrometr has up to 8 sinusoidal waves for cycles it detected: what to do in cases when not only one of those cycles if displayed on chart?

mladen:
Pip the problem is that spectrometr has up to 8 sinusoidal waves for cycles it detected: what to do in cases when not only one of those cycles if displayed on chart?

Each cycle has its own set of objects on the chart and so if multiple cycles are enabled, multiple objects would also be displayed

One more thing to consider, it would be also a good idea to keep in mind the AddtoObjName variable when coding the objects, this way if multiple instances of the indicator are applied (like in second image in my previous post) the removal or manipulation of one of the indicators does not affect the objects of the other

Thanks for the consideration Mladen

Updated forecast

Files:

Hi Pip! So far so good. Your first turn point seems to be about right. I am curious to see how your map works out. Personally, I find it difficult to look out beyond one full cycle. I think if you can extrapolate a price target as well it will give you a better feel if a turn point is valid.

Here are the projected pivots for EURUSD for today. Resistance is 1.3401, Support 1.3290.

regards,

Alex

Files:

hughesfleming:
Hi Pip! So far so good. Your first turn point seems to be about right. I am curious to see how your map works out. Personally, I find it difficult to look out beyond one full cycle. I think if you can extrapolate a price target as well it will give you a better feel if a turn point is valid.

Here are the projected pivots for EURUSD for today. Resistance is 1.3401, Support 1.3290.

regards,

Alex

Thanks Alex. Naturally, the cycle will update and I will have to track it manually. I will post update later on today.

Pip:
Thanks Alex. Naturally, the cycle will update and I will have to track it manually. I will post update later on today.

Updated forecast

Given that we have a contradiction in direction between major and minor cycle, we may end up getting a chop instead of a move up.

Files:

Dear Mladen, I have sent you a PM, please let me know if you have not received it.

Thanks,Pip

Today's trades based on multiple factors, including cycle analysis

~98 pips for the day.

Files:
Reason: