Fast Fourier Transform - Cycle Extraction - page 66

Updated cycle forecast

Open position (+26 pips at the time of this post)

One thing to remind members is that Spectre indi does not account for trend when displaying single cycles. i.e. even if the major cycle (yellow) is showing a potential up move in the next day or so, this does not mean the move up will be higher than the previous high. It simply means that price will move up to a degree and then continue down on the next peak.

Files:

Trade and forecast outcome

Updated forecast

Trades taken based on forecast and other factors. I took the first short trade manually then setup two pending orders for the other two.

~ 150 pips

Long trade was not taken due to other factors. Cycles are in need of update so will be back soon with the updated cycles.

Cheers,

Pip

Files:

Thanks for daily forecasts, Pip, they are much appreciated. With this latest one, you said that you didn't take the long trade for "other factors". Would you mind elaborating on the "other factors"?

I on the other hand took the long trade and of course didn't make anything on it .

Pip:
Trade and forecast outcome

Updated forecast

Trades taken based on forecast and other factors. I took the first short trade manually then setup two pending orders for the other two.

~ 150 pips

Long trade was not taken due to other factors. Cycles are in need of update so will be back soon with the updated cycles.

Cheers,

Pip

4XBones:
Thanks for daily forecasts, Pip, they are much appreciated. With this latest one, you said that you didn't take the long trade for "other factors". Would you mind elaborating on the "other factors"? I on the other hand took the long trade and of course didn't make anything on it .

Hi 4xBones,

Correct I did not take the long and ended up shorting the EU for an additional 65 pips as seen below

I had a reason to believe that EU still had one more drop in it before going up. That reason was based on price action over several time frames.

Cheers,

Pip

P.S. I don't have an updated cycle tonight because am still working out a solution for them. The old ones are now out of phase with the market.

Files:

Well done Pip, another great trade.

You don't want to know what I did.... but I think if everyone just did the opposite to me they would all be rich

Cheers, 4xBones

Pip:
Hi 4xBones,

Correct I did not take the long and ended up shorting the EU for an additional 65 pips as seen below

I had a reason to believe that EU still had one more drop in it before going up. That reason was based on price action over several time frames.

Cheers,

Pip

P.S. I don't have an updated cycle tonight because am still working out a solution for them. The old ones are now out of phase with the market.

4XBones:
Well done Pip, another great trade.

You don't want to know what I did.... but I think if everyone just did the opposite to me they would all be rich

Cheers, 4xBones

Thanks 4XBones, it comes with practice. Been trading for 13 years and it was never easy at the start. Hang in there and you will make it

Am short the EU now and I think it will hit 1.3232, here is my entry.

No ideal i know but will do. Will update outcome tomorrow.

Cheers,

Pip

Files:

Pip:
Thanks 4XBones, it comes with practice. Been trading for 13 years and it was never easy at the start. Hang in there and you will make it

Am short the EU now and I think it will hit 1.3232, here is my entry.

No ideal i know but will do. Will update outcome tomorrow.

Cheers,

Pip

Trade update +12.5 pips

Decided to close position and look for better entry.

Files:

Pip:
Updated cycle forecast

Open position (+26 pips at the time of this post)

One thing to remind members is that Spectre indi does not account for trend when displaying single cycles. i.e. even if the major cycle (yellow) is showing a potential up move in the next day or so, this does not mean the move up will be higher than the previous high. It simply means that price will move up to a degree and then continue down on the next peak.

Hi,

I tried all possible way I know how, but still came up short when trying to load those spectro on the same chart with different settings. I was wondering, if you could explain how can I modify the spectro indicator so that I can load two different settings on a chart like you did above? I schemed through the postings but could not find the posting regard such.

Thanks,

M.

What about this indy?

Hi

This indicator uses from digital filter(low pass) by sinc function .

that it use from half of spectrum (past data) and coefficient of low-pass digital filter.

Mearyeaurng:
Hi,

I tried all possible way I know how, but still came up short when trying to load those spectro on the same chart with different settings. I was wondering, if you could explain how can I modify the spectro indicator so that I can load two different settings on a chart like you did above? I schemed through the postings but could not find the posting regard such.

Thanks,

M.

Hi Mearyeaurng,

To be able to apply more than one instant of the indicator you need to give each one a unique name. To do so simply change the number for the "AddToObjName" variable for each instant. For example, instant one would be assigned "1", while instant two would be assigned "2", and so on.

Cheers,

Pip

Reason: