Cycle indicators - page 17

carbonmimetic:
me too....

I am looking for an indi like CYCLE LINES in metastock...you can input for number of bar

please see image....thank you in advance.

Manually it's already possible in MT4. See my step-by-step screenshots below.

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

You can add as many cycle lines as you want, change color, etc.

Enjoy.

Snowski,

thanks for the explanations - the problem is that the time between high to low, low to high, low to low or high to high always differs.

Sixer

Snowski:

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Enjoy.

Nice one Never paid attention to it so I never knew it can be done in metatrader

Sixer:
Snowski,

thanks for the explanations - the problem is that the time between high to low, low to high, low to low or high to high always differs.

Sixer

You've just described one of the most intruiging challenges in forex (and any other market).

Do a search for "cycle trading", "cycle decomposition", and "Simba con" on this forum....if the cycles would always be identical we'd would not have a market...and this forum would not even exist...

Snowski:
You've just described one of the most intruiging challenges in forex (and any other market). Do a search for "cycle trading", "cycle decomposition", and "Simba con" on this forum....if the cycles would always be identical we'd would not have a market...and this forum would not even exist...

Guess that it is so because there are more cycles than just one in a market (which - to have just one cycle - would be illogical). And with even a modest number of "participant" cycles, the number of possible combinations for determining the exact composite cycle rises very fast and makes the exact composite cycle prediction difficult. And that is all without taking into account that some cycles "come and go" into the market

Swonski,

thanks for the forum links.

I prefer to use the cycle consideration based on Delta for three different time frames (blue; red; black):

Sixer

Can not get the red point in this cycle?

Files:
pentagon.jpg  115 kb

Sixer:
Swonski,

thanks for the forum links.

I prefer to use the cycle consideration based on Delta for three different time frames (blue; red; black):

Sixer

Hi Sixer,

do you drawn by hand or it is automatic Matrix?

thank''s

Snowski:

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Enjoy.

I know...but you can not put input for number of bars......

carbonmimetic:
I know...but you can not put input for number of bars......

Just drag it and adjust, it will show exactly how many bars the cycle width is. Alternatively, get the cross-hair tool first, measure your cycle, read how many bars that is and then draw your cycles using the cycle lines. It's actually faster (and more accurate) than having to give an input for number of bars, as these cycles can be easily adjusted and don't require 'guessing'.

Reason: