Everything about RSI - page 50

Thanks a lot Mladen,

I try to answer sooner but it seems the forum had a bug...

Now I understand why RSX is like a smooth RSI but not a smooth RSI, and why there is no period as a moving average

Have a nice evening and thanks to Mrtools & you

Zilliq

zilliq:
Thanks a lot Mladen,

I try to answer sooner but it seems the forum had a bug...

Now I understand why RSX is like a smooth RSI but not a smooth RSI, and why there is no period as a moving average

Have a nice evening and thanks to Mrtools & you

Zilliq

Yes, there were some issues with the forum but they are solved (as usual)

RSX is actually, even from a math point of view, a nice indicator (take a look at TSD version of RSX calculation (it is quite different from the calculation Mark Jurik used - results are the same though) and you will see what do I mean - and something that simple in math must give nice results when it comes to indicator values). In my opinion much better to use rsx than rsi (not just for smoothness of the result)

mladen:
Yes, there were some issues with the forum but they are solved (as usual) RSX is actually, even from a math point of view, a nice indicator (take a look at TSD version of RSX calculation (it is quite different from the calculation Mark Jurik used - results are the same though) and you will see what do I mean - and something that simple in math must give nice results when it comes to indicator values). In my opinion much better to use rsx than rsi (not just for smoothness of the result)

Mladen could you code the ConnorsRsi indicator based on the RSX instead? Kinda like a ConnorsRSX? Let me know what the compensation needs to be please. Wanna see what the extremes would look like on that.

fxbs:
RSI_Color_RSI_v1.01_Maxim.mq4 (14.0 KB) ( Mladen's Color_RSI_v1.01 with all bells and wistles )

RSIPeriod = 14;

PriceType = 5;

timeFrame = "Current time frame";

OverBought = 70;

OverSold = 30;

showArrows = true;

ArrowUpColor = LimeGreen;

ArrowDnColor = Maroon;

UpDnArrowSize = 0;

RevUpColor = MediumSeaGreen;

RevDnColor = Red;

RevArrowSize = 1;

Signal_Gap= 1.3;

alertsOn = false;

OBOS_Level_crossAlert = false;

Level_50_crossAlert = true;

alertsMessage = true;

alertsSound = false;

alertsEmail = false;

MaxArrowsScreensX = 3;

Mladen,

As a fan of RSI, I have most of RSI variations coded by you and most interested with the RSI-Color-maxim.

Unfortunately when I attached it to the chart and set the OB/OS arrow color to None, it will start disappear and I need to refresh again and again.

Can you modify the indicator to plot arrow on RSI crossing level 50 (OS and OB) set to 50) only instead of the current setting.

Orinin

Orinin:
Mladen,

As a fan of RSI, I have most of RSI variations coded by you and most interested with the RSI-Color-maxim.

Unfortunately when I attached it to the chart and set the OB/OS arrow color to None, it will start disappear and I need to refresh again and again.

Can you modify the indicator to plot arrow on RSI crossing level 50 (OS and OB) set to 50) only instead of the current setting.

Orinin

Orinin

Not sure if you are looking for this one, but try attached indicator coded by Mladen and posted while back!

Best Regards,

secretcode

Files:

secretcode:
Orinin

Not sure if you are looking for this one, but try attached indicator coded by Mladen and posted while back!

Best Regards,

secretcode

Thanks you secretcode..

Yes this is exactly what I am after. But one thing the arrow plot above the chart for Long signal and below the chart for short. Can it be change to as normal.

Surprisingly the arrow plotting correctly on GU pair

Orinin

Files:
eurusdh4.png  17 kb

Orinin:
Thanks you secretcode..

Yes this is exactly what I am after. But one thing the arrow plot above the chart for Long signal and below the chart for short. Can it be change to as normal.

Surprisingly the arrow plotting correctly on GU pair

Orinin

Orinin

How did you set it up?

This is how it looks on my chart with default parameters (arrows in a correct direction)

Files:
rsi.gif  32 kb

Orinin:
I apply Daily TF on 4hr TF. The arrow is correct in GU but became wild on other pairs.

Same goes to maxim, need to be refreshed otherwise arrow will plot everywhere...Im using MIG MT4.

orinin

orinin

That indicator (the one from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178733 or from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177858/page2) shows 4 types of arrows. What you are seeing on that example is an arrow crossing upper level up (that is why it is above the high). Similar is for the cross of lower level down - it will be bellow the low

Even though that version was not made by me, tested it for deletion of arrows, and it works correctly (in the back-test too) so I do not know why do yo have a problem with it. Attaching a version that changed just one thing - it does not change the distance of the past arrows from high and low (as the original does). The logic of how arrows are placed is what fxbs made and left it as it was

PS: since it shows 4 types of crosses, if you apply levels 50-50, it will show two arrows on each cross and for that reason (because it is showing 4 types of crosses) it is not suitable for 50-50 crossings

mladen:
Orinin

How did you set it up?

This is how it looks on my chart with default parameters (arrows in a correct direction)

I apply Daily TF on 4hr TF. The arrow is correct in GU but became wild on other pairs.

Same goes to maxim, need to be refreshed otherwise arrow will plot everywhere...Im using MIG MT4.

Ok now apply it on 4hr TF (current TF 4hr) without change any setting and here is the screenshoot

orinin

Files:
usdchfh4.png  22 kb

mladen:
orinin

That indicator (the one from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178733 or from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177858/page2) shows 4 types of arrows. What you are seeing on that example is an arrow crossing upper level up (that is why it is above the high). Similar is for the cross of lower level down - it will be bellow the low

Even though that version was not made by me, tested it for deletion of arrows, and it works correctly (in the back-test too) so I do not know why do yo have a problem with it. Attaching a version that changed just one thing - it does not change the distance of the past arrows from high and low (as the original does). The logic of how arrows are placed is what fxbs made and left it as it was

PS: since it shows 4 types of crosses, if you apply levels 50-50, it will show two arrows on each cross and for that reason (because it is showing 4 types of crosses) it is not suitable for 50-50 crossings

I think you are right, I copy the wrong version and now my problem solved. And for the other arrows, I just hide it to set the color to none.

Thank you very much Mladen, as usual you are always here to solved traders problem.

Thank you very much

Orinin

Reason: