Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 618

macd_trend_change.mq4 193049[/ATTACH]Hello Mladen,

It's been a while since I've been here - really glad to see you still doing amazing work! My request of is to make this indy a MTF and add a pop-up alert when indy crosses the zero level (on candle close of course)

Thanks in advance.

Files:

Just realized that may not have attached the indy the correct way - if someone could point out what i did wrong i would be glad to fix it - thanks

pipmagnet:

It's been a while since I've been here - really glad to see you still doing amazing work! My request of is to make this indy a MTF and add a pop-up alert when indy crosses the zero level (on candle close of course)

Thanks in advance.

pipmagnet:
Just realized that may not have attached the indy the correct way - if someone could point out what i did wrong i would be glad to fix it - thanks

Pipmagnet, far as I can tell its attached correctly.

Thanks for your response MrTools - Your help would be welcome also. be well

mrtools:
Pipmagnet, far as I can tell its attached correctly.

pipmagnet:

Thanks in advance.

pipmagnet

Thy out this version (it is a multi time frame with alerts already) : macd colored mtf.mq4 (it was originally posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page202 )

Volatility quality zero line

Volatility quality zero line (multi time frame version + alerts) updated to be new metatader 4 compatible : volatility_quality_-_zero_line_mtf_alert_nmc.mq4

Hi mladen, I would like to ask your help again.

mladen:
Connors RSI as described in the attached document
mladen:
js497 This is a 3 time frame Connors rsi indicator

I have your Connors RSI and your 3 tf connorsRSI.

I'm trading using M15 timeframe, and what I need is the value of Connors RSI in H4.

I have tried to use the 3 tf connorsRSI, it will load a very huge memory to my terminal.

Could you please make a 1 time frame MTF of Connors RSI?

Thank you in advanced mladen.

pokerstar:
Hi mladen, I would like to ask your help again.

I have your Connors RSI and your 3 tf connorsRSI.

I'm trading using M15 timeframe, and what I need is the value of Connors RSI in H4.

I have tried to use the 3 tf connorsRSI, it will load a very huge memory to my terminal.

Could you please make a 1 time frame MTF of Connors RSI?

Thank you in advanced mladen.

pokerstar

That indicator does nothing exceptional as far as memory is used. This is when terminal is used with no indicators at all (50.000 bars)

And this is when 3 time frame connors rsi with all time frames set to 4 hour is used :

Again 50.000 bars. That same amount of memory will be allocated by any other indicator with same number of buffers. Simply set the Max number of bars to smaller number (in this example I used 50.000 bars but I normally work with 5.000). Also, take into account, that the new metatrader 4 uses 3-4 times more CPU time than the old versions so it is better to limit the bars to smaller number

Files:
conors_1.gif  69 kb
conors_2.gif  70 kb

mladen:
pokerstar

That indicator does nothing exceptional as far as memory is used. This is when terminal is used with no indicators at all (50.000 bars)

Again 50.000 bars. That same amount of memory will be allocated by any other indicator with same number of buffers. Simply set the Max number of bars to smaller number (in this example I used 50.000 bars but I normally work with 5.000). Also, take into account, that the new metatrader 4 uses 3-4 times more CPU time than the old versions so it is better to limit the bars to smaller number

mladen, I used 1000 max bars for my chart and history.

Below is the screenshot of my chart and the memory used. It takes more than 2 GB memory for 1 terminal with 1 chart.

Is it because of my EA that call the custom indicator?

I called the H4 connors RSI value, but in the Journal, the Daily and Weekly value also loaded to terminal.

I thought if I reduce from 3 tf to 1 tf, the memory use will be reduced too.

Files:
connors2.gif  143 kb

pokerstar:
mladen, I used 1000 max bars for my chart and history.

Below is the screenshot of my chart and the memory used. It takes more than 2 GB memory for 1 terminal with 1 chart.

Is it because of my EA that call the custom indicator?

I called the H4 connors RSI value, but in the Journal, the Daily and Weekly value also loaded to terminal.

I thought if I reduce from 3 tf to 1 tf, the memory use will be reduced too.

This would be a proper way how to call that indicator from an EA to get 4 hour Connors rsi values :

extern int RsiPeriod = 3;

extern int UpDownPeriod = 2;

extern int ROCPeriod = 100;

extern int Price = PRICE_CLOSE;

int init() { return(0); }

int deinit() { return(0); }

void start(void)

{

Comment(iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_H4,"3 tf connorsRSI","","","",RsiPeriod,UpDownPeriod,ROCPeriod,Price,0,0));

return;

}

Attaching the test EA I used and see the memory usage when it is running :

Reason: