Blessing 2 - page 137

alex84:
Yes and i'm live since february 2009

as i use a 20000 usd account i chosed to set portion 1 for each pair i trade and EP to 70%. the key is to know the limits of each pair so you make sure you never hit this EP. I don't follow the 2500usd recommended balance per pair, i always thought it was to small.

Backtests are helpfull to give an idea to compare pairs behaviour but you'll see that you'll hit higher levels live than in tests. always 1 or 3 levels more (without EP). Backtests = carefully use them. they'll never be a clue

i use only 5.1 version and last iron sets on eurusd usdjpy and audcad

I agree with Iron. I trade on live for 3 month. I do not use EP, but I carefully set the starting lot size. 10% per month profit is reality on safe way.

hbalint11:
I agree with Iron. I trade on live for 3 month. I do not use EP, but I carefully set the starting lot size. 10% per month profit is reality on safe way.

Sorry

of course agree with Alex (as well Iron too)

hbalint11:

what settings do you use and what currency pairs? and whats your initial balance. i am asking this cause i am in a similar situation but i am only trading eurusd

i use 3 pairs with start lots 0.01 on a 20000 usd balance

i set ep at 70% because my balance is large compared to number of traded pairs

ep is important to keep on if you have like 2500 to 5000usd balance per pair

hi

hbalint11:

same experience here. Livefor 3 months and aiming 10% month. Quite safe if you manage initial lot size

ok thats good

alex84:
Yes and i'm live since february 2009

as i use a 20000 usd account i chosed to set portion 1 for each pair i trade and EP to 70%. the key is to know the limits of each pair so you make sure you never hit this EP. I don't follow the 2500usd recommended balance per pair, i always thought it was to small.

Backtests are helpfull to give an idea to compare pairs behaviour but you'll see that you'll hit higher levels live than in tests. always 1 or 3 levels more (without EP). Backtests = carefully use them. they'll never be a clue

i use only 5.1 version and last iron sets on eurusd usdjpy and audcad

I am taking a different approach with Blessing 2. I Have been trading a demo account and live for over 2 month now. One thing I have notice is a low drawdown. On my demo which is 5790 I am trading 16 pairs at 0.05 lots. I started the demo at 3000 at 0.01 lots. I am testing to keep my ep at 200.00 or even less and increase my lot size. I can recover 200.00 in a couple days but drawdown with all 16 pairs is rarely over 400.00. I may have a roque trade every two weeks or so. So may theory is to increase profits and limit loss. I'll report back balance and tell how many times ep was hit. Happy Trading

I'm planning to deposit to my account 100k. Currently using nano 1c IBFX account on 12k. Any ideas what type of account would be good? micro or standart??

Togu:
I'm planning to deposit to my account 100k. Currently using nano 1c IBFX account on 12k. Any ideas what type of account would be good? micro or standart??

either nano or standard will do it with such balance

You'll have more broker choice if you look for a standard account

what about having 2 accounts 50k each ?

jolinsz:
I am taking a different approach with Blessing 2. I Have been trading a demo account and live for over 2 month now. One thing I have notice is a low drawdown. On my demo which is 5790 I am trading 16 pairs at 0.05 lots. I started the demo at 3000 at 0.01 lots. I am testing to keep my ep at 200.00 or even less and increase my lot size. I can recover 200.00 in a couple days but drawdown with all 16 pairs is rarely over 400.00. I may have a roque trade every two weeks or so. So may theory is to increase profits and limit loss. I'll report back balance and tell how many times ep was hit. Happy Trading

hey jolinsz, its an intersing approach you explain here

first of all, is it a 1 or 10 cent pip account ?

would be very interesting to see some statments.

As you use 16 pairs what are the settings you chosed for the not recommended pairs ? I figure you also run the 4 recommended pairs ? Do they run with iron settings or did you chose a different set ?

It would be interesting to know how many ep hits you get per week or month, and how many simultaneous ep hits you can see on many pairs.

thanks

alex

Reason: