Ask! - page 110

sonicdeejay:
thx u, SIr,,,

can u help me put in the display (the last part of the code, comment session) saying the EA is actively looking for a trade or disabled??

sonic

Here's for the comment.

FerruFx

Files:

Help please ... iStochastics returns values different from those on the chart

Hi everyone,

I am running into some issues using the iStochastic function and would like your assistance. The values that I get do not match those that I see on the chart. What could the reason be and how can I solve this? I am running the following code in an indicator attached to a M15 chart:

trendTF=PERIOD_H4;

curStoch =iStochastic(NULL,trendTF,10,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_MAIN,i);

curStochSignal =iStochastic(NULL,trendTF,10,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_SIGNAL,i);

prevStoch =iStochastic(NULL,trendTF,10,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_MAIN,i+1);

prevStochSignal =iStochastic(NULL,trendTF,10,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_SIGNAL,i+1);

I appreciate your assistance and thank you in advance.

linalm:
Hi everyone,

I am running into some issues using the iStochastic function and would like your assistance. The values that I get do not match those that I see on the chart. What could the reason be and how can I solve this? I am running the following code in an indicator attached to a M15 chart:

trendTF=PERIOD_H4;

curStoch =iStochastic(NULL,trendTF,10,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_MAIN,i);

curStochSignal =iStochastic(NULL,trendTF,10,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_SIGNAL,i);

prevStoch =iStochastic(NULL,trendTF,10,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_MAIN,i+1);

prevStochSignal =iStochastic(NULL,trendTF,10,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_SIGNAL,i+1);

I appreciate your assistance and thank you in advance.

I see that a specific timeframe (trendTF) is coded. Do you watch the same TF to compare with the results?

FerruFx

FerruFx:
Here's for the comment. FerruFx

FerruFx & guru,,

pls refer to t attached....

TIme Filter setting is working well

start_time = StrToTime(TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(), TIME_DATE) + " " + Server.Time.To.Start); //---- Date and time to start

end_time = StrToTime(TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(), TIME_DATE) + " " + Server.Time.To.Stop); //---- Date and time to stop

if(Use.Time.Filter)

{

if(TimeHour(TimeCurrent())>=Server.Time.To.Start || TimeHour(TimeCurrent())<=Server.Time.To.Stop)

{

HourT = 1;

}

else

{

HourT = 0;// If the time is not within the set peroid, EA will change to mode 2,which only manage t trade

EA_Mode = 2;

}

}

but, the diplay of the status is not...

if(!Use.Time.Filter) com = "Off";

if(Use.Time.Filter&&HourT==1)com = "Active";

if(Use.Time.Filter&&HourT==0)com = "Standby";

thx

sonic

Files:

POST / RETRIEVE Data to web server

Hello

i would like to know on how we can post/retrieve data to a web server ? any idea ?

Guys...

I would like to write the indicator based on the rules that feature in the following pdf file using MACD and ADX....and I also attached the base/raw indicator file u can continue to work on it...

Thx for ur help...

http://www.forex.com/pdf/pro3.pdf

sonic

Files:
sonictest.mq4  7 kb

embedded indicators & back testing

Hi all,

I have two points that I want to touch on. One is a programming question and one is a word of caution to programmers out there.

1) PROGRAMMING QUESTION: I am trying to figure out how to get values of embedded indicators into an EA. For example, if you open a MACD indicator and then you open a MA into the MACD Window, how can you get the value of the MA? Do I need to create an indicator with both of those indicators in it before I can use it? I want to test many of these options from RSI to SATL and many others to see what works best.

2) CAUTION: I started working on programming only about 6 months ago. I have successfully finished several EA's that seem to work great in backtest but seem to flop when I do forward testing. The backtest showed 90% modelling quality. I strongly recommend that you go through your backtest trade by trade to make sure it has not missed any trades. I also recommend you do forward testing on a demo account for a fairly long period of time and monitor each trade to make sure your EA is doing what you want it to do. If that seems to be working fine, try it on a real account but with minimal lot sizes (maybe 1/2% of your account) until you are fully confident.

If the EA is good, you will be rich soon enough. If it is not...at least it won't put you into the poor house before you even get going.

Good trading to all.

Putz

Putz, even a demo forward test worth nothing. The only way to test is on live account.

All the game played by brokers will be there ... not on demo.

FerruFx

Games brokers play

Hi FerruFX,

I agree with you 100%. That's why when you go live, you need to go with very small lots to see how it works.

I tried one of my EA's on a live account with the EURCAD. IBFX normally has an 8 pip spread. It was around 15:30 EST....no news or anything of importance happening and yet I got stopped out 17 pips away from the bid price. Luckily it was a very small lot and not worth fighting for it but it just goes to show you how you can't trust them.

Best regards,

Putz

Putz:
Hi FerruFX,

I agree with you 100%. That's why when you go live, you need to go with very small lots to see how it works.

I tried one of my EA's on a live account with the EURCAD. IBFX normally has an 8 pip spread. It was around 15:30 EST....no news or anything of importance happening and yet I got stopped out 17 pips away from the bid price. Luckily it was a very small lot and not worth fighting for it but it just goes to show you how you can't trust them.

Best regards,

Putz

A beautifull stop hunt scheme ... by IBFX

FerruFx

Reason: