Blessing 2 - page 161

holyguy7:
It is much better to stay out of the market and wait for the right time then to enter and get burned. My live account recently took a HIT on the AUDCAD. It would have been better to not trade it than to suffer even one loss.

Another thing, I recently had a GRID open with 9 open trades on the USDCAD. It was open for a month with DD. I would rather have not traded that pair then to have one in DrawDown for a month.

I am running both Original version and Stoch versions side by side. I started both versions with their perspective pairs since 5 July 2009.

Download the results and see for yourself.

holyguy7 is right. Inactivity due to stoch getting "stuck" above 80, or below 20, is your safety net. It adds up to better timing, fewer levels, etc., which lowers risk.

Rob

holyguy7:
It is much better to stay out of the market and wait for the right time then to enter and get burned. My live account recently took a HIT on the AUDCAD. It would have been better to not trade it than to suffer even one loss.

Another thing, I recently had a GRID open with 9 open trades on the USDCAD. It was open for a month with DD. I would rather have not traded that pair then to have one in DrawDown for a month.

I am running both Original version and Stoch versions side by side. I started both versions with their perspective pairs since 5 July 2009.

Download the results and see for yourself.

WHAT settings do you use on other pairs ? not the recommended pairs ...

Dashboard Indicator

Slack:
Here you go, George. I cannot remember where I got it. (Apologize for the delay)

Hello Slack,

You might want to try the modified version of the indicator you gave me.

I included: weekly and a monthly bar.

Best

George

georgedim:
Hello Slack,

You might want to try the modified version of the indicator you gave me.

I included: weekly and a monthly bar.

Best

George

Right-on.... thank you very much!

Questionable question

Hi guys,

I've been running Piplite v3.1 for 4 months now with excellent results, IMHO. Now I want to start running Blessing which may be said to be of the same family. But I have a few questions which you fellows already have the answers off the cuff. My excuses for the nag.

1) Do I have to load the ea on each chart of the set? Or is it enough to load it on one chart but have the other charts open (running)?

2) What in your opinion would be a minimum account with which Blessing could work properly? My account, demo and real, is with IBFX micro?

On Piplite I have the portion set to 2, but use only one pair, gbp/usd (that's why my q. #1). This allows me a drawdown of only 25%, hopefully.

Your opinions will be appreciated guys and thanks

herty

Stoch ind

ChicagoRob:
holyguy7 is right. Inactivity due to stoch getting "stuck" above 80, or below 20, is your safety net. It adds up to better timing, fewer levels, etc., which lowers risk. Rob

Hello guys,

If you want to trade with 4 or 6 pairs but because of the 80-20 limit, one or two pairs are inactive, you can always pick another couple of pairs that you want to trade with Blessing and activate the EA in those pairs while the others get inside 80-20 levels.

I say this to keep 4 or 6 pairs always trading.

Stoch can give you false signals but i think it is a bit safer in the F-tests i have done.

Cheers,

epmfx

Charts

Herty:
Hi guys,

I've been running Piplite v3.1 for 4 months now with excellent results, IMHO. Now I want to start running Blessing which may be said to be of the same family. But I have a few questions which you fellows already have the answers off the cuff. My excuses for the nag.

1) Do I have to load the ea on each chart of the set? Or is it enough to load it on one chart but have the other charts open (running)?

2) What in your opinion would be a minimum account with which Blessing could work properly? My account, demo and real, is with IBFX micro?

On Piplite I have the portion set to 2, but use only one pair, gbp/usd (that's why my q. #1). This allows me a drawdown of only 25%, hopefully.

Your opinions will be appreciated guys and thanks

herty

Hi Herty,

-Yes you need to attach the EA to each pair you are trading.

-I think $1,250 for each pair is good using MM = true and micro Lots.

I havent used Piplite but you can trade one pair and set Portion = 2 with Blessing

Good pips,

epmfx

little hack for blessing

my idea for blessing is :

suppose trade in H4 TF

blessing trade until reach 5th level

if got 5th level leave position open and do nothing until

moving average at TF H1 indicates trend in same way of trading positions then open other levels

for example if we are in buy and market go down open

1 level

2 level

3 level

4 level

5 level

wait until moving average on h1 is under price then open more levels

if h1 moving average is again upper price , wait until is under price.

i think this is a very simple hack ... but for sure blessing is more safe and trade in right direction.

Sleep easy version of Blessing!

Jepm, thank you for sharing your stoch version of Blessing. It really has made a big difference to my well being

I was on drawdown of over 30% when i reached level 12 on USDCAD couple of weeks back. And as holyguy7 mentioned, that trade was open for more than a month before the retrace. And there was the AUDCAD trade that went to level 12 just before that. Crazy month and a half.

I have enabled blessing on 7 pairs and currently there are open trades on 4 pairs.

jepm:
Hello guys,

If you want to trade with 4 or 6 pairs but because of the 80-20 limit, one or two pairs are inactive, you can always pick another couple of pairs that you want to trade with Blessing and activate the EA in those pairs while the others get inside 80-20 levels.

I say this to keep 4 or 6 pairs always trading.

Stoch can give you false signals but i think it is a bit safer in the F-tests i have done.

Cheers,

epmfx

nazmul:
Jepm, thank you for sharing your stoch version of Blessing. It really has made a big difference to my well being

I was on drawdown of over 30% when i reached level 12 on USDCAD couple of weeks back. And as holyguy7 mentioned, that trade was open for more than a month before the retrace. And there was the AUDCAD trade that went to level 12 just before that. Crazy month and a half.

I have enabled blessing on 7 pairs and currently there are open trades on 4 pairs.

but did anyone run backtests on this stoch version ?

if you do so you'll see you still can hit ep with it.

Reason: