Blessing 2 - page 107

alex84:
thanks a lot whitesand for this shared spreadsheets

here is the formula i used to calculate lots/level

tell me what you think

=ARRONDI(B5*1,46;2)

where B5 is the previous level lot size, and i entered manually values of level 1 and 2 as they will always be 0.01 and 0.02, it might false the calculation if rounded/calculated from level 2

Sorry i cant' upload my spreadsheet, tells me "invalid file"

Alex:

1. You may wish to zip your file first before uploading.

2. The question of nth level lot size, if I read correctly the pdf file, should be [(base lot) x (multiplier)**(n-1)]x(LAF). ** is to the power of.

2a. It is based on the 1st level lot size, not the "previous" lot size.

2b. The problem of rounding to 2 decimal places at various levels may distort the calculation of the next level.

2c. The inaccuracy of rounding off will be compouned if subsequent level is based on the rounded figure of that previous level. The inaccuracy will be greater if compounded at many times as we past one level to the next.

yes i understand what you mean, but having repeated same lot size on 2 levels (like levels 2 and 3) is not usefull and would make the ea non profitable. As i had this lot calculation issue i entered manually my lot size on level 2 and made the formula on my own to follow live levels lot size. And after 3 months live i never had this repeated values on 2 different levels

Let's wait Iron's comment on that calculation formula...

whitesand123:
OK, here is the spreadsheet. There are total 4 tabs. Those 2 with "-cal" are of lot size based on EA calculations, while those 2 without are lot size based on what I observed from my statement.

thanks Whitesand,

I am using the following formula to achieve exactly what I am seeing on my open position. From your excel spreadsheet, I modified the cells on B2 Losses-cal, for examples

I4=+ROUNDUP(POWER($E4,1)*$H4,2)

J4=+ROUND(POWER($E4,1)*$I4,2)

K4=+ROUND(POWER($E4,1)*$J4,2)

U4=+ROUND(POWER($E4,(U13))*$H4,2)

and get the following lot size:

cheers

Spreadsheet

All,

Wow Whitesand, that's quite a spreadsheet! However, your set files are incorrect as all the new set files us autocal. Get them here.

Folks, you must understand that you can't calculate a fixed number spreadsheet like this when the suggested set files use an autocal function that actually "breathes" the grid. The only way to "see" is to backtest.

Blessing rarely goes up to 12 levels. As such, this is the area where potential margin calls happen (if you don't portion) or EPs are hit. This is why I advocate using a breathing grid (autocal), low multipliers, high account/portion balances and many pairs. I've attached my 11 level basket if anyone wants to analyze it.

v/r

Files:
picture1.jpg  76 kb

Just for grins I thought I'd increase the TP on the 9 u/j sell trades to make up for the fact they've been stuck since 4/28. When I changed trade 1 it let me make the change but after a few seconds put it back to the original TP. No way was it going to let me out until trades 9/8/7 etc were closed.first.

Not until I changed trade 9....last trade opened..did it hold....& automatically change the other 8 trades to the same TP as well.

Just out of interest...has anyone ever traded Blessing with MCbyMA = False? If so....was there any appreciable difference?

Thanks for all you & FE do Iron. Karma will be yours.

Sue

PipGoddesss:
Just for grins I thought I'd increase the TP on the 9 u/j sell trades to make up for the fact they've been stuck since 4/28. When I changed trade 1 it let me make the change but after a few seconds put it back to the original TP. No way was it going to let me out until trades 9/8/7 etc were closed.first.

Not until I changed trade 9....last trade opened..did it hold....& automatically change the other 8 trades to the same TP as well.

Just out of interest...has anyone ever traded Blessing with MCbyMA = False? If so....was there any appreciable difference?

Thanks for all you & FE do Iron. Karma will be yours.

Sue

Yes Sue, I have traded Blessing with MCbyMA = false. This EA is semi automatic and if you believe that the currency pair should go in one direction you set MCbyMA to false and then adjust MC to either 0 (long) or short (1).

/Andreas

Hello. Is there anyone here who can post some settings that can work on smaller accounts so i can test them for myself ? irons and some other sets are really great but only if tested on a big account. that makes them practically unusable at least for me, cause i wont ever be able to try it live. every attempt i make to run even one currency pair on an account with balance under 2000-3000 sooner or later ends as an absolute disaster. I tried with changing some of the settings but it still does not work. Maybe it all goes well for some time but then one day you just wake up and its all gone. What is the key to running this EA succesfully on a little bit smaller account ? and is there any way at all ?

Small Account

All,

This is a good example of folks not understanding what account sizes or brokers to use. First, Blessing is tested on a standard account to determine proper set files. A standard account is 1 Lot = $10/pip.

IBFX is a broker that allows you to have a micro account. That means that 1 Lot = $1/pip. Now, this fact doesn't necessarily mean you can trade "micro" lots. The minimum amount to safely trade Blessing on one of the recommended pairs is $2500 (standard account). You would need to have a broker that allows you to trade down to the micro lot and not all do.

All this being said, you can have a micro account at IBFX as stated above. This basically means you would need a minimum of $250 per recommended pair. So, Blessing trades on small accounts! That is why there is a setting in the menu of Blessing that asks "IBFXmicro?". So, Feline, open a demo micro at IBFX.

I run an IBFX micro live account with about $2300. This gives me the option of portioning which allows me to trade all four recommended pairs. I portion each pair to 3 which gives each pair access to around $700. On a micro account, that is way more than the minimum of $250 required.

Go hereand get the set files, they work on a micro account too. If you want to trade all 4 recommended pairs, have at least $1000 in a micro account. Give each a portion of 4. Each will then have access to $250, the minimum necessary on a micro account.

Happy Trading

v/r

Jeff

feline207:
Hello. Is there anyone here who can post some settings that can work on smaller accounts so i can test them for myself ? irons and some other sets are really great but only if tested on a big account. that makes them practically unusable at least for me, cause i wont ever be able to try it live. every attempt i make to run even one currency pair on an account with balance under 2000-3000 sooner or later ends as an absolute disaster. I tried with changing some of the settings but it still does not work. Maybe it all goes well for some time but then one day you just wake up and its all gone. What is the key to running this EA succesfully on a little bit smaller account ? and is there any way at all ?

when is the 5 dicimals are kicking in on IBFX? should I close my trades before that? What are your thoughts?

MaxLevel Question

Hi all,

I'm not sure about MaxLevel parameter, since ChicagoRob says min account U$ 1000 per currency for max 12 level setting, if reduce the maxlevel to 5 or 6, with BElevel 4 for U$ 500 amount, does the U$ 500 amount will be as safe as U$1000 amount with that setting ?

In backtesting with initial amount U$ 500 max level 12, I can not pass early of Jan 09 on EURUSD h4 chart. But when I set max level to 5, it survive.

can somebody give more information about this ? I'm newbie about blessing.

Reason: