New Members introduction - page 31

Hi Noob Here

Hello everyone,

Im new to the forums. I was googling on some Forex information and i came across your forums.

A little about me: Ive been trading in simulation for the last 2 months or so on FXDD. Im looking to go live very soon and was just hoping to read and learn here on the forums..

Apologies if i posted in the wrong section.

Have a great day

Recommend if possible to use micro account if you choose to go live (If your brokerage firm allows micro accounts). Many times we have a tendency to bypass a possible bad position when we are play trading. When we go live with money, these oversites will drain your account. Be very cautious when going live at first.

Dave

joine this week only

great website

kenneth37:
Hi, community members:

I have been trading in the Malaysian stock market for the last 10 years or more, and in the process I have learned there is no single method to trading success.

Like to share with members (especially newbies) my trading experience; trading (forex or equities) is a continuous game. The objective is to make money at the end (there will be losses and wins). The end result is to MAKE THE MONEY.

Some methods (like the Moving Average for example) is a simple trend following method. What MA period and Time Frame to use is the question. Over the weekend, on a demo account I used the optimization feature in the Strategy Tester, and using the Moving Average Expert Advisor (that comes with the MT4 platform) with a Time Frame of 30 minutes, the result was a Moving Period of 20.

The testing covers 2009 Jan 1 to May 24. Unfortunately there was no data for earlier years for me to test. The net profit was $1793 on an initial deposit of $10K.

Whether the 20MA approach works out in the future is another thing.

You should test this yourself. Enjoy yourself.

Hi,

I am from Malaysia too.

Hi..i hear this is a great forum to learn much thing about trading in forex...forum where the member are so kind to share the acknowledge to each others.

Great

BG

1Dave7:
Recommend if possible to use micro account if you choose to go live (If your brokerage firm allows micro accounts). Many times we have a tendency to bypass a possible bad position when we are play trading. When we go live with money, these oversites will drain your account. Be very cautious when going live at first. Dave

Dave,

Im not sure if FXDD allows micro accounts although that is not a bad idea at all. I looking to go ahead with a mini account to start off with (being very cautious at first)..

The first time you click the button can be a bit scary esp when you are trading live

Cheers

Your forum is impressive. A lot of information. For me is a pleasure to joining thin community.

Manual Backtesting EA? & Thank You

Not sure where to post this question or exactly how to word this, but is there an EA designed to back-test manual trading systems? Right now I'm having to back-test an ea, not related to the manual system I want to test, and visually mark my trades with horizontal and vertical trend lines and add up my pips. It would be really great if I could enter trades into and during a back test and see the results just as if I had ran a fully automated EA.

And I agree that this is truly a great forum/community for noobs like us, and special thank you to all the senior members, & administrators who work so hard & who so gracefully and willingly share their many years of experience here. I've worked in a variety of technical fields, but don't believe I have ever experienced this level of camaraderie before.

Go VODKa..........!

The Feelgood Paradox - Can Camaraderie And Competitiveness Coexist? | Psychology Today Blogs

PS: ND, Thanks again..... If you know of any such kind of an EA, of if it is even possible please PM me... If Not Maybe we can find someone to code it.... or if there is even a way of doing this without the ea besides what I'm already doing, please let me know....

Introduction

Hi everybody

I am new to this forum and have been trying to learn about the forex market since last two months. I hope this forum helps in becoming a disciplined successful trader.

Thanks a lot

Bye

AK

no way

Pandolin:
Not sure where to post this question or exactly how to word this, but is there an EA designed to back-test manual trading systems? Right now I'm having to back-test an ea, not related to the manual system I want to test, and visually mark my trades with horizontal and vertical trend lines and add up my pips. It would be really great if I could enter trades into and during a back test and see the results just as if I had ran a fully automated EA.

And I agree that this is truly a great forum/community for noobs like us, and special thank you to all the senior members, & administrators who work so hard & who so gracefully and willingly share their many years of experience here. I've worked in a variety of technical fields, but don't believe I have ever experienced this level of camaraderie before.

Go VODKa..........!

The Feelgood Paradox - Can Camaraderie And Competitiveness Coexist? | Psychology Today Blogs

PS: ND, Thanks again..... If you know of any such kind of an EA, of if it is even possible please PM me... If Not Maybe we can find someone to code it.... or if there is even a way of doing this without the ea besides what I'm already doing, please let me know....

There's no way

Reason: