After opening one trade, EA stops trading?

Hi.

I am using MT4. I am new to EA's and have what I am sure is a very basic question, but I haven't been able to find the answer so far.

I would like an EA which enters trades based on RSI movement. I don’t want the EA to manage the trade after entry; I will do this manually.

I am experimenting with three downloaded EA's, two free and one a free version (with advanced features disabled) of a professional EA. All EA's work correctly. However, after taking one trade, they will not enter any additional trades. I like this behaviour. However, after one trade is open and I have reviewed the situation, I would also like to be able to manually instruct the EA to take an additional trade when the entry criteria are met. Is there a way to do this?

I am also curious about the magic numbers. I would like to use the same EA on multiple pairs, and on two different instances of Metatrader which will be open at the same time (each on a different account). Again, I only want the EA to open trades, not to manage them after that.

My questions;

1/ Presumable there is no interaction between the different instances of Metatrader, opened on different accounts, so there is no concern about using the same magic numbers across the two instances of Metatrader?

2/ Within the same instance of Metatrader, if I am running the same EA on multiple pairs, but only want the EA to open trades (and not manage them after that) do I still need to apply different magic numbers to each pair?

Thank you.

NevilleDavey:

Is there a way to do this?

I am also curious about the magic numbers. I would like to use the same EA on multiple pairs,

1/ Presumable there is no interaction between the different instances of Metatrader, opened on different accounts, so there is no concern about using the same magic numbers across the two instances of Metatrader?

2/ Within the same instance of Metatrader, if I am running the same EA on multiple pairs, but only want the EA to open trades (and not manage them after that) do I still need to apply different magic numbers to each pair?

1. Have it coded to do that.

2. Depends on how it is coded.
    Using OrdersTotal directly and/or no Magic number filtering on your OrderSelect loop means your code is incompatible with every EA (including itself on other charts and manual trading.)
              Symbol Doesn't equal Ordersymbol when another currency is added to another seperate chart . - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum
              MagicNumber: "Magic" Identifier of the Order - MQL4 Articles
    1. Do they send orders with MN and only process those? Otherwise it is broken.
    2. Do they only process those orders with MN and symbol? If yes, one MN per EA.
    3. Do they count open orders and only open if none? Do you want multiple open orders? If not then perhaps one MN shared.

3. Correct
  4. № 2
Reason: