Isakas Ashi KusKus I - page 3

I would but I'm out of resources! My main EA is running on this computer, which is and old school 500mhz, Pentium 3. This one is maxed out. I keep just enough resources available to browse the web, lol. I can try on my other computer but other people use it and it gets shut off once in a while.

As far as Steinitz, that is my own fault. I should have known he was a joke when he asked how I had backtesting results from 2005! He's still a thief and a scammer though.

azmel:
I went back and read Zeman's thread. There, he mentioned for a low-risk setup, set TakeProfit=10.

Try this one out, but leave StopLoss=0 for the time being. All trades will still close on the opposite signal.

I need a volunteer to forward-test this setup on a long-term basis. I am running out of computing resources to run another forward-test (I am currently running close to 20 privately-owned EAs on two computers already). Run this on all pairs so we can analyse later which pair is profitable and which pair to avoid.

Any takers?

i will...start from this afternoon ( malaysia time)..ok

MANSTIR:
i will...start from this afternoon ( malaysia time)..ok

Thanks for participating, Manstir. My forward-test is doing ok, but the floating trades are quite worrying - right now it is all in the reds.

BTW, where in Malaysia are you? I was originally from KL.

I might do an update on the EA this weekend - to tie up the candle issue. Just to give everyone a heads up.

azmel:
Thanks for participating, Manstir. My forward-test is doing ok, but the floating trades are quite worrying - right now it is all in the reds.

I might do an update on the EA this weekend - to tie up the candle issue. Just to give everyone a heads up.

As i see your name, i think that u from Mas, so hope u can share and discuss too in malaysian forum

please open new thread at carigold dot com or nogold dot com to us discuss this

hope u can do that, so we can talk more among malaysian

see u there azmel

maybe next time, we will cooperate to develop new EAs

jturns23:
I'm forward testing this EA. I think it's too early to start adding any indicators. We can never eliminate choppy markets or ranging markets. The key is to make sure loses are at a minimal during these times. I cringed when I heard adding another TF to filter out choppy markets. Maybe its just because of my horrible experience with the Steinitz MTF HAS EA.

jturns23,

What are the settings that you use on your forward-test? Preferably it shouldn't be the same as mine, which is the default. Once we have several forward-testers running different settings, we can hopefully compare which one is the most optimised.

Forward Test Result, Week 1

One week has passed since I ran this EA with the default settings. Overall most pairs are generating steady profit, except on May 12th whereby two pairs, GBPCHF and AUDJPY took a dive and gave the account a dent.

Another worrying observation about this EA is its huge floating drawdown. Hopefully this will be minimised with version 1.2

To summarise, the following pairs are this week's top winners:

AUDNZD, GBPUSD, USDCAD, EURGBP, and AUDCAD

while the following pairs are this week's loosers:

AUDJPY, GBPCHF, EURUSD, CHFJPY, and USDCHF

Updated statement has been uploaded to post #1

To all who have forward-tested this EA, grateful if you post your statement/summaries as well.

version 1.2 released

version 1.2

I have released version 1.2 of the EA. Here are the description of the new version:

Closed candle indicator. In previous version, the EA looks at the present active candle for signals. Unfortunately this proves to be inaccurate as the current active candle repaints constantly, resulting in false signals. In version 1.2, the EA will look at the last closed candle for the signals.

TripleHeikenAshi. For those who wish to trade safely, this option is available. When enabled, the EA will look at three different timeframes: M30, H1 (the active chart) and H4. The EA will enter trade only when all three indicators are aligned. This will result is safer trades but the activity will be slower. Default is false.

I will test these new version for the next couple of weeks to judge its performance.

The new version can be downloaded at post #1

azmel:

just nearby bro, cyberjaya....

hehehe sorry for yesterday i put ur ea on 5Min chart, so no results!

today i'll change to 1Hour charts, see the result next tomorrow..

bro azmel,

can you fix it with lower timeframe (5min charts)?

your programming on this ea make me wonder( how long u learn it ..)

its so simple & too good..wont u want share me some?

for me your indicators work so good...i've seen long profit for yesterday

by the way i'm using usdjpy (lows spread)

thanks for the ea

Azmel,

thanks for the newest version

I tried to backtest this EA but didnt work, whats wrong?

can u post the back test from this ea from any broker

regards

Ical

Reason: