Isakas Ashi KusKus I

Isakas Ashi I by Kuskus Osentogg @ Zeman

I have written an Expert Advisor (EA) based on the Isakas Ashi I strategy written by Kuskus Osentogg @ Zeman. The original strategy including its descriptions and discussions can be found at the Manual Trading Systems section here.

Attach is a zip file containing the EA, all required indicators and a template. Unzip the file into the installation folder of your MT4 terminal. Restart MT4 and attach the template onto a chart. The author recommends H1 timeframe, but feel free to experiment on different timeframes. As usual, the lower timeframes are faster but noisy.

Here are the description of the settings:

Magic. This is a unique number to differentiate this EA from others. If attaching to different currency pairs, you don’t need to change the number. However, if you open more than one of the same pair, for example EURUSD M30 and EURUSD H1, then each needs to be different from the other.

CompoundGrowth. If set to true, the EA will calculate the lot size. If set to false, a fixed lot size is used.

CompoundIndex. If CompoundGrowth set to true, the EA will open this many lot per $100,000 account balance ($10,000 for IBFX mini account)

Lots. If CompoundGrowth is set to false, the EA will trade with lots fixed to this size.

TakeProfit. A hard take profit (TP) value for each trade. If no TP is desired, enter zero.

AutoTakeProfit. If set to true, the TP value is set based on the last low/high generated by the KUskUs_stop indicator, multiply by the index value below.

AutoTakeProfitIndex. If AutoTakeProfit is true, the TP is calculated based on the last low/high multiply by this index.

StopLoss. A hard stop loss (SL) value for each trade. If no SL is desired, enter zero.

AutoStopLoss. If set to true, the SL value is set based on the last high/low generated by the KUskUs_stop indicator.

AutoStopLossMin. If the SL value given by the KUskUs_stop indicator is less than this value, then use this value instead.

CloseOnOpposite. If the KUskUs_stop indicator generates a new signal, all opposing trades will automatically be closed.

TripleHeikenAshi. If set to true, the EA will use triple timeframes, which are M30, H1 and H4 to confirm signal. Default is false, which only look at the default TF.

I've started a new forward-test of this EA running on 20 H1 pairs on FXDD with the default settings. Forward test began on May 21st, 2008. I will update the statements weekly. The graph below is extracted from an Excel spreadsheet taken from the previous forward-test.

If you wish to follow the forward-test live, here are the login details:

Broker: FXDD

Login: 5435342

Password: tr7zpkg

Best regards,

Azmel.

Files:

Looks good. Nice to see people forward testing instead of posting backtesting results. Thanks!

bro azmel,

i respect u ...i'm speechless

Can you tell what take profit and stopp loss settings You use in testing?

Edit : it is there "default" so it is change trade from otherside signal.

First statment show floating more minus than booked plus,

maeby need to think what take profit and stopp loss settings are best to use.

Thank you for the compliments. But all credits must go to Zeman who produce this strategy. I am just the code writer.

MetamanRR:
Can you tell what take profit and stopp loss settings You use in testing?

Edit : it is there "default" so it is change trade from otherside signal.

First statment show floating more minus than booked plus,

maeby need to think what take profit and stopp loss settings are best to use.

There are three exit methods that can be used with this strategy. First is a hard TP and SL. Second is based on the KusKus High and Low, and lastly is based on the opposite signal. My forward test is based on the last one.

Please feel free to test the EA with other parameters, and do let us know if you find a more optimised set-up.

hello azmel

can u tell me

which pair is great to trade by this EA?

Can we use other TF?

how much EA open trade per day?

Ok that all

TQ

Thank for sharing this Great EAs

bro azmel... is this beta/demo version of ea?? still in development? tq

Coding help

Hi Azmel,

Can you help me edited your EA to make it, reverse order when SL is hit. For example.

Buy hit SL 40 so the make SELL order although there is no SELL signal

azam575:
Hi Azmel,

Can you help me edited your EA to make it, reverse order when SL is hit. For example.

Buy hit SL 40 so the make SELL order although there is no SELL signal

That's an interesting loss recovery strategy. I need you to do me a small favour: could you flip through the charts history and do some analysis on this method? If we have a good win:loose ratio, then we're on.

FerruFx:
With all respect I have for Zeman, the EA coder has also a part in the EA success. FerruFx

Thanks, FerruFX. I have seen and recognise some of your excellent coding work as well. Hopefully we can help produce the ultimate holy grail EA soon.

shaijudubai:
Cant login..Says "invalid Account"

I have tested the login/password this evening and it is working well. A typo, perhaps?

niaga:
hello azmel

can u tell me

which pair is great to trade by this EA?

Can we use other TF?

how much EA open trade per day?

Ok that all

TQ

Thank for sharing this Great EAs

I just wrote this EA and the forward-test is less than one week old. Given time, we should be able to answer your questions.

Unfortunately I do not enough computing resources to test different TFs and settings. So any volunteers out there who wish to try/experiment different settings, you are most welcome. Please don't forget to share your findings if they happen to hit the jackpot.

dumbtrader:
bro azmel... is this beta/demo version of ea?? still in development? tq

The EA is working, but it is not optimised. I don't recommend we go live on this EA yet. We need to forward test this EA for some time before we are confident to put real money on it.

The strategy has been a success. In the Manual Trades Section, this strategy is rated five stars and many manual traders have reported big profits since it was posted back in 2006. Let's hope the EA can replicate the success that the manual traders have enjoyed.

Eur/usd it make for me 30 pip on 100 pips rally alltime green.

Settings are sell when different signal, rally continue green in heiken ashi at 50 pips more, so i think it sell too early not when green change to red.

And demo is demo , i put it in 3 pairs in real account Alpari uk.

Reason: