Buy/Sell indicator 90 % accurate? - page 7

Aurorau

How many bars back does the "Trade_what_you_see" indi. repaint...? Seems too good to be true...?

daet:
How many bars back does the "Trade_what_you_see" indi. repaint...? Seems too good to be true...?

Just SSP-1 . About ForexTrenddo not use 4 trade !!!!! - this one 4 selling only .

for(i=CountBars-SSP;i>=0;i--) {

SsMax = High;

SsMin = Low[Lowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,SSP,i-SSP+1)];

Heare we are looking forvard SSP-1 bar.

Example :

When i=100 & SSP = 9 this one serch extremums betwing bars number 100 & 92. But in time bar number 100 bar have number less then 100 is the future.

Regards.

Vlad

Cool, thanks Vlad, so in laymans term it's repainting 1x bar back only(SSP -1)...or have i missed the boat somewhere..?

Forextrend is not great...

daet:
Cool, thanks Vlad, so in laymans term it's repainting 1x bar back only(SSP -1)...or have i missed the boat somewhere..? Forextrend is not great...

This one repaint SSP-1 bars back.

When U loking real time U can't see this effect. Thats why - function Highest\lowest reset negativ argument to zerro (see help MT4) : when i=0, U send reqwest to serch SSP bar from bar whith negativ number -(SSP-1). if SSP=9 then U try serch from bar -8 to 0. Highest\Lowest ignored -8 and replase them to 0. But in the history U can see another pictures. When i=8 U serch from 0 to 8 bars. But U can't do this if time is equal time bar No 8 - bar whith No 7, 6,...0 is the future in that time.

Regards.

PS Sorry my English - it isn't my native.

Trade_what_you-see

Vlad, i just tested this indicator and it re-paints badly, up to 3x bars back. I tested this on a 1min chart so perhaps it works better with the higher timeframes....?

daet:
Vlad, i just tested this indicator and it re-paints badly, up to 3x bars back. I tested this on a 1min chart so perhaps it works better with the higher timeframes....?

This algorithm to serch for extremums have ability to repain samself SSP-1 bars back. But it may happend from 1 to SSP-1 bars. And U can see valid (not repeinted) signals on history only. Not in time. In time U see all signals.

Example: Now You can resiv signal - "long" some bars this signal may be canseled or reversed (1 ore 3 ore may be 7 bars according setting SSP it dasn't metter).

IMHO it means - U cant use this 4 trade. U can't recognize valid/invalid (repaint\not repaint) signal in time -on history only.

Regards.

PS right code was :

SsMax = High;

SsMin = Low[Lowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,SSP,i+1)];

Heare we do not looking forvard. Just check latest SSP bars extremums.

But it isn't GRAAL.

try out this 1..ppl

it is awesome!!

sonic

fxnewbie:
Mmmm.... Many indicators have their merit, mostly depending on your trading style. Some standard indicators give awesome signals, too (most of the time). Try RVI (5 or 6) in 1 h. chart, with the help of SMA 6 to avoid false entries.

I am more of 4H TF, will it work??

care to upload??

sonic

Mmmm.... Many indicators have their merit, mostly depending on your trading style. Some standard indicators give awesome signals, too (most of the time). Try RVI (5 or 6) in 1 h. chart, with the help of SMA 6 or 8 to avoid false entries.

shure

sonicdeejay:
I am more of 4H TF, will it work??

care to upload??

sonic

Shure. But I never try in 4 h. tf. Only in 30 M. and 1 H.

Relative Vigor Index (RVI) is a standard indicator in MT4. I mostly use it for exit, together with SMA (if the close of the candle up or down SMA match with the direction of RVI cross), but notice that is good for entries, too. Give some loses (usually little ones), but large profits too.

(Funny. I find it in my standard indicators, but not in the MetaEditor list).

Files:
chart.gif  29 kb
Reason: