W D Gann Indicators and others - page 15

zombie333:
Gann_HiLo_Activator_v2.ex4

hi zombie, do you have the mq4 version of Gann_HiLo_Activator_v2.ex4 ?

thanks

mailfailure:
Thanks mystified.

Pls upload that indicator.

Thanks

GK

Here it is

Files:
_00_zz_v2.mq4  8 kb

vira sulistio:
hi linuxer..maybe u can make a thread 'trading using gann indicator", i don`t know anything about that but i wanna learn it..

i read your post at another forum asking about a trading strategy using the combination of gann grid, triangles and trendlines. It will be difficult to understand the strategy without having a good knowledge of triangle, trendline, S/R and breakout basics.

Does it repaints?

mystified:
Here it is

Thanks friend. Just want to know, does this indicator also repaints? And also, what are its limitations, as you've mentioned.

Thanks once again.

GK

İti is useless(my humble opinion).İt looks very nice in the past.

This is the one I am talking about.Attach the indicator on your chart and observe it for 2-3 weeks.Than see if you like it.

Files:

Thanx guys have nabbed some decent stuff from u guys. I should also offer something up

This is a fixed sqaure-meaning it wont move around when u scroll zoom

very basic

set a rectangle on the area of price/time to sqaure off then u must rename that rectangle inproperties to the letter a then just add the sqaure to chart it will draw auto. i have the grid coloured out black. u can set major or minor angles within this sqaure.

Files:

I tried the Lauer zigzag

this indicator is great for one thing. When you are looking for people to give you money for trading, you put this on. They don't know anything except it is always right. Then you take the money and run to some small country in S America.

DO NOT TRADE WITH IT!!!! YOU WILL LOSE THAT HARD EARNED MONEY THAT YOU JUST STOLE!!!!

Blizzard

Best Systems GANN HiLo Activator MT4

GANN HiLo Activator in Forex and the ways to use it:

Time frame: any.

Currency: Major Currency

This trend following indicator helps finding both: entries and exits. It allows to enter a trade quite early and stay in the trade longer.

If you have a set of rules or a trading system that require some improvement on entries and exits, GANN HiLo Activator could be the right tool.

GANN HiLo also looks interesting for scalping, all you need is to identify the main trend take either only Buy or Sell signals given by the indicator. For example, we can use 50 EMA to identify the main trend.

Again, these are just great hints. In order to give you a set of rules, I need to make one first and test it properly. So, for now it will look like introduction, while hopefully later and also with a help of other traders I will update it to a good trading system with straight forward rules.

This trading system may look too simple. however, you dont need a complex system to be succesful in forex

pay attention to larger time frame to identify support and resistance level

limit your loses and let your profit run and use trailing stop.

Happy experimenting and trading!

the template can be downloaded

Files:
hilo.gif  75 kb
hilo2.gif  75 kb

Some HiLo_Activator indicators are here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172922

7 HiLo_Activator indicators are on this post:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178566/page3

New indicators: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178566

radatats:
OK I finally decided to post this indicator for others to try. I developed this indicator in conjunction with Patrick Nouvion over at IBFX. My concepts, his coding.

This indicator will plot support and resistance lines based on Ganns Square of 9 formulas. It also plots the Fib Time zones in an approximation of squaring time with price. There certainly is no other way that I have found described as to how best to use that tool.

Anyways, first you need to identify a significant high or low that you wish to use as the reference point. Use a daily or 4hr chart and pick the most recent high or low where the market reversed. Enter that price in the value box.

Next you need to set the angle for the calculations. The smaller the angle the closer the S/R lines will be to each other. Since this is based on 9, I use multiples of 9 for my angles. You can use whatever you like, fib numbers, whatever. I find 18 to be pretty consistent. You will be surprised at how often price pauses or consolidates at these levels.

DisplayFibCycles will plot the Fib Time Zones at the correct levels based on the formulas. The only use I have found for this feature is to use it to draw channels for anticipated price movement. I use the Fibo Channel tool with modified levels. Place start point for channel on the exact high or low you are using. Place second point on the intersection of either the second or third time line and the second or third gann line in the direction of price movement. Third point or start of the other side of the channel goes on the intersection of the start time line and the second or third gann line below the one you used for point two.

Anyways, Play with it and see what you come up with and I hope it is useful..

Does not repaint and does not rely on anything other than the start value you enter.

Square of Nine in Excel link previously noted provided a lot of the insight for this indicator and is good reading.

Steve

Steve,

This is really good indicator.

good works.

Reason: