Range Bar Chart on MT4 - page 13

michal:
Hi,

what you are seeing is the interpolation algorithm which is used when range of bars is lower than a price move. As ticks are not stored by MT4 they are interpolated (similar as in the backtester). This should not affect normal operation when reasonable bars range is used.

Note also that you probably reached maximum number of bars (65000) set in options. This causes too some problems. You should decrease nmber of bars by setting MaxBars to lower number.

Unless I have Show Gaps set to true then will I have range bars (candles) that are not within the range I set? I also have this on high pip range charts, it seems to be ok on 30 pip plus range bar charts though. I will do more tests and if experience more of this let you know.

FseXy:
Unless I have Show Gaps set to true then will I have range bars (candles) that are not within the range I set? I also have this on high pip range charts, it seems to be ok on 30 pip plus range bar charts though. I will do more tests and if experience more of this let you know.

As explained on my site:

"Each bar has a high/low range equal to the range specified. The high/low range of a bar can exceed the range specified in certain situations (gaps) but can never be less that the range specified."

Currently the script has dozens of users since few months. I don't expect any bugs to be found anymore. All new releases have rather to do with specifics aspects/wishes which are not standard range bars items like show gaps or 5 digits resealing).

I bought Michal's CRB script a week ago and I am happy with it. Price is good too.

Im using it with Williams%R of 54 and CCI 14 close. Trend lines also. I like it on G/J 25 sized bars.

So far my trading has been better then normal. =) One thing I do notice is i find it much easier to exit trades that are going in the wrong direction which is cutting down my losses a good amount. Basically I am going through all my failed systems and all my 1000 indicators to see how they work on this.

One thing that would be a HUGE plus is if the script could play a sound on every bar close so I know to look at the chart. Sucks watching the charts cause sometimes it takes 50 min to close a bar since its not based on time.

pubison:
One thing that would be a HUGE plus is if the script could play a sound on every bar close so I know to look at the chart. Sucks watching the charts cause sometimes it takes 50 min to close a bar since its not based on time.

Actually the script should not do this as probably other users could not like it. What you can do is to drop a simple indicator on the chart. In the start function you can put something like this:

int start()

{

static datetime _dt;

if(_dt != Time[0]) PlaySound("alert.wav");

_dt = Time[0];

return(0);

}

Like pubison I bought Michal's CRB script and am loving it. I too use CCI 14 close. Is there a goodtrend indicator that someone is using on these charts and can be recommended? CCI can get you in a trade sometimes too early (8 pip range bar) and against the longer range trend, and the trend indicators I have lag and get you out too late.

If a trend indicator is used, do you use it also on a higher pip range chart as a confirmation of the shorter range bar trend?

El Bee

howcome all these people with less then 5 posts are telling us how satisfied they are with this range bar indicator?

I'm sorry nikoloau....I must have missed the part of the rules that say I can't comments on something unless I have posted a certain number of times. Could you point that rule out to me or give me the link? I certainly wouldn't want to upset anyone by being so crass as to not follow the rules.

Description movie

Hello,

because the readme file with the script instruction is sometimes too dense for users who do not have much experience with off-line charts yet I've decided to make a small movie demonstrating the usage of the CRB script. On this movie you can see how it should be used and you can also check that off-line charts are updated in the real time. Enjoy, the link is Created by Camtasia Studio 4

(p.s. don't laugh from my accent

Instruction video

Hello,

because the readme file with the script instruction is sometimes too dense for users who do not have much experience with off-line charts yet I've decided to make a small movie demonstrating the usage of the CRB script. On this movie you can see how it should be used and you can also check that off-line charts are updated in the real time. Enjoy, the link is Created by Camtasia Studio 4

(p.s. don't laugh from my accent

I like Michals bars I've had them for a while but i'm still looking for a good indicator for them. Thanks

Reason: