Frank EA and 10p3 EAs - page 36

I have modified the Frank EA to include the ADX filter. The intention is to allow it to trade only when the ADX(14) on the H1 timeframe is less than 20.

Unfortunately, the EA doesn't do what I want it to do (I guess it does what I am telling it to do :-)

Anyway, I have inserted few lines of code (and I commented it where I put it).

Would one of experienced developers look into my dodgy code?

Cheers, Kris

Files:

jaybode,

I like the idea of closing all open positions, before directional moves may deplete our margin. This is especially important for smaller accounts. I have modified Frank_Mod strategy to ensure that all positions are closed at a specified time [ EndHour & EndMinute ]

Attached please find a a back-test graph of EUR/USD. You can see that it is no longer a straight line EQ, but I think it is safer, preventing us from running into a wall of depleted margin. We should optimise the Start time & End time, and forward test it.

Cheers, Kris

jayborde:
Is it possible to program "Frank Mod" to close all open trades at a certain hour??? It seems this EA works very well during European hours and not that of US. Pls advise
Files:

I have modified Frank_Mod EA further, to allow it to open new positions only when the Free Margin is at least 75% of the account Balance. This way we should be limiting the number of open orders.

I made it a parameter [called MinMargin] so you can play with various settings.

Cheers, Kris

Please find exact the versions which I am testing.

With timefilter (Alpari UK broker).

Time is on broker time (GMT+1 in case of Alpari UK broker as I remember).

Files:

All Frank_mod EAs versions were updated for 5 digit broker for almost all the attachments on this thread.

Just look at with word '5d' inside attachments, or as the name of the EA.

Winrar to open attachments: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173397/page11

Tokarus:
For back-testing purposes I typically download historical data via [menu] > Tools > Data Centre. This gives me no-gaps data, with 90% back-test accuracy, but one must be aware that the data feed is different. Downloaded data comes from the MT4 servers, rather than our respective brokers.

The same do I usually and still I dont get such results.

Could you please provide me to version you use and settings?

newdigital:
All Frank_mod EAs versions were updated for 5 digit broker for almost all the attachments on this thread.

Just look at with word '5d' inside attachments, or as the name of the EA.

Winrar to open attachments: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173397/page11

I found it Post #67. Thanks

Just want to remind about this post (some members asked): https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178485/page23

hello,

this is my first post in the forum, so I just wanted to thank every one, who are sharing their experience and helping to learn about being profitable in trading!

Yesterday I have tried Frank_Mod_Margin EA and it blew my account in exactly 12 hours .

So I was just wondering if there is a safe and tested modification of this EA that could bring profit in long term? Or is this just for fun (I can admit that watching my demo account grow from 10 000 to 10 600 in first 20min was entertaining).

Regards,

Tadas

I did not try Frank_Mod_Margin EA.

I am forward testing Frank_mod EA with timefilter for many months already. By the way - 10,000 initiaql deppsit may be too small ...

Try Frank_mod EA with timefilter on demo for H1 timeframe for EURUSD for example.

Reason: