OzFx System :) 100-800 Pips Per Trade - page 9

OzFx Daily Method PIP Update

-----------------------------

USD/CAD moved in our last night making us +50 pips. Later on it hit our SL

for the rest of the lots.

I also closed out our EUR/CHF at +20 since I didn't see much movement. I am

still holding USD/CHF which is close to BE.

Month Total: +270 Pips.

I am using the most recent ea version from azmel. It opened up the following trade on the us/cad pair. I am using it on odl demo. It opened up the following trade 5 times like it is suppose to. Open Time 2/12 00:01. Open price 1.0024. Stop loss 1.0124. tp 0.9974. Now the tp amounts on the other 4 are different amounts but I will report how this trade does as it progresses. Hopefully the ea opened the trade correctly.

OzFx:

USD/CAD moved in our last night making us +50 pips. Later on it hit our SL

for the rest of the lots.

I also closed out our EUR/CHF at +20 since I didn't see much movement. I am

still holding USD/CHF which is close to BE.

Month Total: +270 Pips.

4xit&4getit:
OZFX Saturday is when I first found your system. I traded with it when the market opened on Sunday and traded according to your rules posted. Sunday night I made $608.22 with your system. I also used ODL as you request. Thanks!!

Hi 4xit&4getit,

Awesome result my friend. Let us know how you go.

Cheers,

OzFx

Big Be:
These are actually encouraging results for a "raw" EA.

It is best to make sure it is working exactly as intended before adding the chrome plating. In my experience you will get better results that way!

I got questionable results too, but I was not using a UK broker like ODLsecurities.com as recommended for the timing.

PyeR2, have you been using ODL?

Azmel, how about a comment by the UseFreeMargin to tell us how it relates to Percent of Risk or similar.

Big Be

Big Be,

the data used for backtesting is Alpari's which dates back to about June04 and may be downloaded for free. It is important to use a seperate installation of MT4 for backtesting - you can read up on how to do it it properly here How to Achieve 90% Modeling Quality There is also a link to the free data download page.

I don't know which broker I use to backtest. Does one use a broker when backtesting? My demo account is with ODL although I use FXCM for live.

Is this repainting?

I do not know how to cut and paste a trade from meta trader and paste on this or any forum.

But, I had a long trade signal in the 4h time frame. I had a green signal up from the AC and AO plus the Stoc. both were up on the other side of the AC zero line.

After I placed my trade it retraced a little but all my long signals were all gone. Both AC and AO had turned red pointing down and the Stoc. was also pointing down.

Because this happened so quickly is this a repaint?

Or what is this?

4xit&4getit:
I do not know how to cut and paste a trade from meta trader and paste on this or any forum.

But, I had a long trade signal in the 4h time frame. I had a green signal up from the AC and AO plus the Stoc. both were up on the other side of the AC zero line.

After I placed my trade it retraced a little but all my long signals were all gone. Both AC and AO had turned red pointing down and the Stoc. was also pointing down.

Because this happened so quickly is this a repaint?

Or what is this?

If you're using the standard AO/AC that comes with MT4 you can absolutely sure there is no repaint.

Slight bug on EA

I notice there is a small bug on v1.4 today.

At 0000 GMT, USDCAD opens a new candle and a valid short signal is received from all three indicators. Five trades were opened as expected. The first trade hit TP 50 pips at 1128 GMT and all remaining four trades have their SL move to BE.

Unfortunately, the market reverses and the four trades hit SLs at 2135 GMT.

However, because of all this happens in a period of one day, the EA opens another five trades at 2135 GMT. The signal is late and therefore it should have stayed idle until the next candle at 0000 GMT.

I will fix this bug, but give me until the end of the week as I am currently involved with another project.

Regards,

Azmel.

Bugs

Azmel,

I just backtestedd the GBP/USD and I believe there are still some issues.

1) I found a '5th' trade that should have been closed with a signal from stoch/AC but was not. - see screenshot

2) I found a valid entry signal that was not taken - I believe due to a position being open when the signal was generated (that ol' chestnut). - see screenshot

3) I also believe that a 'signal is not a signal' until it is confirmed by the period closing - this means that all our trades should be initiated at the open of the next day at 0.00GMT. It appears to me that positions are being taken as soon as the AC crosses and Stock & 200sma criteria agree. This does affect the outcome - pos or neg I don't know, but it does affct the price at which we enter and may even effect whether we enter or not. This is my understanding of how to read signals generated from most indicators. It would be worth confirming with OzFx on whether or not he waits for the period to close to 'confirm' the signal is valid.

Cheers Jase.

AUD/USD First lot closed for +50 and then rest hit our SL at BE.

I am still holding EUR/AUD, USD/CHF and AUD/CAD.

Month Total: +320

PyeR2:
Azmel,

I just backtestedd the GBP/USD and I believe there are still some issues.

1) I found a '5th' trade that should have been closed with a signal from stoch/AC but was not. - see screenshot

2) I found a valid entry signal that was not taken - I believe due to a position being open when the signal was generated (that ol' chestnut). - see screenshot

3) I also believe that a 'signal is not a signal' until it is confirmed by the period closing - this means that all our trades should be initiated at the open of the next day at 0.00GMT. It appears to me that positions are being taken as soon as the AC crosses and Stock & 200sma criteria agree. This does affect the outcome - pos or neg I don't know, but it does affct the price at which we enter and may even effect whether we enter or not. This is my understanding of how to read signals generated from most indicators. It would be worth confirming with OzFx on whether or not he waits for the period to close to 'confirm' the signal is valid.

Cheers Jase.

Thanks Jase for the updated observation.

I checked the codes again and the equations for entering and closing trades are pretty solid. Does (1) and (2) occurs everytime? Or does it occur occassionally, say 1 out of 10, or 1 out of 100, etc? If it is the latter, then my explanation is that the backtester simply missed it. In my forward tests, everything looks fine so far, despite everything being slow because of the real-time trading, of course. We'll see in due time if the EA missed a signal in forward-test later on (we have to wait a while, though...).

Regarding (3), yes, that is how the current EA looks at it. If at 0000 GMT, there is a no-go, but a few hours later there is a valid signal, the EA makes the trade. This is the difference between manual and automatic trading. In manual trading we can't monitor the market every minute, but the EA can. I'm not sure what is the implication of doing this obviously.

I can adjust the code so that the EA will only "look once" at 0000 GMT and that's it. If there is a no-go signal at 0000 GMT, then the EA will sleep regardless what happens later in the day and wakes up again at the next 0000 GMT. This is emulate manual trading 100%

Reason: