OzFx System :) 100-800 Pips Per Trade - page 8

Azmel,

Regarding the Stoch crossing at 0 of AC, you can do the following:

Calculate the maximum and minimum values of the AC indicator for a determined number of bars (this number of bars can be an external variable parameter). Now having the min and max value, you can then calculate the % of shift you have on the indicator window by doing:

x%=(100*Max)/(Max+Min)

This tells you the space % used by the the positive AC value in the indicator window. Now take 50% - x% and this gives you by how much you must move the stoch crossing value. It simulates the visual reading ! If the x% value is below 50, the stoch cross line will be above 50% and if the x% value is above 50, the stoch cross line will be below 50% which is what we see in visual mode !! The only problem is to have the good number of bars i.e. what is the zooming of the chart that is optimal for a good stoch signal. Maybe an optimization in the strategy tester could help

Hope it is clear and maybe you can code this also in the new version, just to see if it helps with the results.

Cheers!

I have communicated with OzFx via email regarding the rule for the 5th trade to close.

According to OzFx, close the 5th trade when the AC signal crosses the other direction and the Stochastic signal agrees. Therefore as far as closing the 5th trade is concerned, 200SMA does not come into the picture.

The reason for this is that, if the market reverses and the 5th trade didn't close, then it could hit SL. Thus the EA will close the 5th trade anyway to protect itself, but since the 200SMA is in disagreement, therefore no new trades are opened. The EA will thus wait until the next valid signal from all three indicators arrives and agrees.

If you put this rule back into your backtest, is everything else ok?

No - Still Not Right.

Sorry but still not right.

Have a look at the last screenshot. We have a long trade open from 19.04.06 til 31.12.07 (20 months) - it would still be open I think only that the strategy tester closed it at the end of the Back-test. No more trades were placed after 19.04.06.

There is also an example on the 1st screenshot where a valid short signal is generated but no position taken due to a position still being open. I estimate the date of this occurance 25.05.05 (between 19th & 31st May 05).

Cheers & thanx. This will most likely be my last communication until Wed.

Also

Did you enquire with OzFx about waiting for the period (candle) to close to confirm a signal - I suspect we are opening (& potentially closing) positions before a period has closed.

Seems O.K.

I haven't had a long time to study every trade but at first glance it appears that it is now working as it should. Unfortunately not profitably. See results for MM 20% and fixed position size.

Backtest starts 01.04.05 as my data only goes back to 16.06.04 and we 'waste' 200 days for the 200sma criteria to start working.

Azmel, I don't know why - but when I backtest with MM = true the setting of 1 for account type works, however when I change to MM = false it doesn't work unless I change the lot size to .1

It would be interesting to add some variables with which optimise such as stop loss, trailing stop etc.

I wonder if OzFx can backtest this version and give us his opinion.

Cheers, Jase.

Lookin' Good!

These are actually encouraging results for a "raw" EA.

It is best to make sure it is working exactly as intended before adding the chrome plating. In my experience you will get better results that way!

I got questionable results too, but I was not using a UK broker like ODLsecurities.com as recommended for the timing.

PyeR2, have you been using ODL?

Azmel, how about a comment by the UseFreeMargin to tell us how it relates to Percent of Risk or similar.

Big Be

Big Be:

Azmel, how about a comment by the UseFreeMargin to tell us how it relates to Percent of Risk or similar.

Big Be

A UseFreeMargin of 100 means you will use all your available free margin to open the trades.

Suppose the current price for GBPUSD is 1.9856 and your account balance (free margin) is $1,985.60. With a leverage of 1:100 of a standard lot price, the biggest lot you can open is 1 lot. Open anything bigger and the broker will tell you "Order ... failed [Not Enough Money]"

Therefore 1 lot is the largest order you can open, thus you are using the whole of your free margin. Since this EA opens 5 trades is one group, thus the size of each trade will be 0.2 lot if you set UseFreeMargin=100.

What you need to becareful is your stoploss. At present the stoploss is locked to 100 pips. So 5 x 0.2 lot x 100 pips x $10 per pip per lot = $1,000. Thus if a group failed and hit stoploss, it will halved your account.

Trade Update - USD/CHF +50

OzFx Daily Method PIP Update

-----------------------------

First lot USD/CHF closed at +50. Move SL to BE.

EUR/CHF is back into our making us +20 pips, and same for USD/CAD.

Month Total:+200

Works Good for Me!!:)

OZFX Saturday is when I first found your system. I traded with it when the market opened on Sunday and traded according to your rules posted. Sunday night I made $608.22 with your system. I also used ODL as you request.

Thanks!!

Reason: