OzFx System :) 100-800 Pips Per Trade - page 10

Bug Frequency

The examples I gave were the only errors I noticed for the whole backtest which spans nearly 3 years. I did re-run the backtest and obtained exactly the same result with same errors - it's quite puzzling.

The reality is that if the system rules are followed to the letter, then it should be impossible to have two positions generated from different signals open at the same time - as in order to get the new signal the closure of the previous position is necessary.

As far as only reading signals once per period - the only way to see how this would affect results would be to give it a try. It would solve the problem you encountered earlier on the USD/CAD would it not?

How difficult is it to add in some user variables so that the EA may be optimised? Perhaps variable SL, TP, Trailing Stop, Option to trade 1,2,3,4 or 5 lots with different profit levels. I'll leave it up to you, I realise it's all time and appreciate how far you have taken it so far.

Cheers, J.

If you manually backtest this system over the course of a few years, it does not turn a profit. The trending periods don't make up for the drawdowns you will encounter during choppy periods.

Anyone trading this strategy should keep that in mind.

Jase,

Yes I agree with you that by letting the EA trade only at 0000 GMT will eliminate the problem I highlighted in post #92. I will make the ammendments.

aegis,

Yes, based on Jase's backtest results, it does appear so. This EA will need some optimisation on the parameters. I will make those parameters as variables for Jase to optimise and (hopefully) find the correct settings to turn this into a profitable system.

OzFx

FRIEND,

IS THERE ANY EMAIL ALERT FOR YOUR STRATEGY?

EAGLE

(my strategy " breakout + spread !!sure!!" forexfactory)

aquila:
FRIEND,

IS THERE ANY EMAIL ALERT FOR YOUR STRATEGY?

Yes, you can register at Subscribe | OzFx Forex System

You would receive an email next time I update my blog. If you are having trouble receiving email then add admin@ozfx.com.au to your contact list.

OzFx:
Yes, you can register at Subscribe | OzFx Forex System You would receive an email next time I update my blog. If you are having trouble receiving email then add admin@ozfx.com.au to your contact list.

Hi, thanks for the system. How long have you been trading this method?

FXBabe:
Hi, thanks for the system. How long have you been trading this method?

Over a year now

Programmers needed here

Hello,

Can somebody program the squeeze more to EA. I discover that its more profitable.

Thanks

problem...

OzFx:
Yes, you can register at Subscribe | OzFx Forex System You would receive an email next time I update my blog. If you are having trouble receiving email then add admin@ozfx.com.au to your contact list.

Hello I have problems receiving email...

my email: marcidibe@hotmail.com

AC/Stoch zero line

pegasus200:
Azmel,

Regarding the Stoch crossing at 0 of AC, you can do the following:

Calculate the maximum and minimum values of the AC indicator for a determined number of bars (this number of bars can be an external variable parameter). Now having the min and max value, you can then calculate the % of shift you have on the indicator window by doing:

x%=(100*Max)/(Max+Min)

This tells you the space % used by the the positive AC value in the indicator window. Now take 50% - x% and this gives you by how much you must move the stoch crossing value. It simulates the visual reading ! If the x% value is below 50, the stoch cross line will be above 50% and if the x% value is above 50, the stoch cross line will be below 50% which is what we see in visual mode !! The only problem is to have the good number of bars i.e. what is the zooming of the chart that is optimal for a good stoch signal. Maybe an optimization in the strategy tester could help

Hope it is clear and maybe you can code this also in the new version, just to see if it helps with the results.

Cheers!

pegasus,

am i right? Sorry for my English .

ACspace = vertical space for AC in the indicator window

we have (maybe) 62 bars from ozfx.tpl after F11

algorithm:

if ACmin0 then ACspace=abs(ACmin)+ACmax

if ACmin<0, ACmax<0 then ACspace=abs(ACmax)-abs(ACmin)

if ACmin>0, ACmax>0 then ACspace=ACmax-ACmin

x% = 100*abs(ACmax)/ACspace

stochzero = 100% - x%

if stoch>stochzero then BUY

if stoch<stochzero then SELL

Is it better than "stochzero"=50? Can you, Azmel, code it?

thx, meda

Reason: