LabTrend - page 4

Files:
entry9.gif  18 kb

Labtrend EA?

Hi thanks for this system, I've been manually trading this system with reasonable success, I like the accuracy I'll give it 80%- 90% for the general trend, however half the time I'm not at the screen to catch the the entry (I'm on 15minsTF) and I risk entering much later after checking higher timeframes. What happens is that this compromises my entry as the trend may be losing steam or I enter just before a divergence making me think that it is losing steam. Is there a way to code a simple EA to follow the rules you have set?

P.S I'm currently trying to learn MQL to program some of my ideas. If only I was proficient enough to program this EA I would post it in this thread for everyone.

tangocash:
.... half the time I'm not at the screen to catch the the entry (I'm on 15minsTF) and I risk entering much later after checking higher everyone.

Set SoundAlertMode==1 for LAbTrend1

tangocash:
I've switched on all the sounds in but I'm running my own business so I'm out meeting clients half the time. Thanks alot you've been a great help.

Hi,

I was thinking you could move to h4 if you don't mind.

This system works on any timeframe.

Test it some time is this timeframe. Average winners/losers should be equal in pips. However your stop should be bigger.

Because for me trading is a resistance race and not a speed race I prefer to trade smalls amounts in big timeframes.

Shorting CHF and just looking GBP.

CHF signal is only one bar old.

GBP picture is an example of don't do anything.

Files:
entry10.gif  17 kb
entry11.gif  18 kb

LabTrendZigZag

Dear IgorAD,

LabTrendZigZag is just fantastic!

Would you please elaborate on the meaning of the second number?

For example, see attached EURJPY chart with numbers 58/164 at the top of the recent high. I assume that 58 indicates the last top-to-top cycle, i.e. the number of bars from the last top (labelled 6/52) to the current top (58/164). The 164 number puzzles me as it doesn't seem to map to any important bar.

Similarly if I take the next pivot/low 56/40, the 56 maps to the recent low (with the description 11/38). What does 40 mean? It doesn't seem to map to any important bar.

For my purpose the first number is exactly right (thanks!), but I would love to see the second number mapped to the major turning point, counting bars from the major low to major high (and vice versa). On our picture major high/low points are labeled (13/112) and (58/164).

Thanks for posting it anyway.

Best regards, Kris

igorad:
Please try to test updated LabTrendZigZag_v1.1 with calculation of cycle periods and distance between turning points.
Files:

OK, I get it the second number is the vertical diff between the last pivot low to pivot high, etc.

My request still stands, if we could habe the number of bars from the major Low/High.

Cheers, Kris

Hi Linuxer,

This is a good system. Is it possible to join the labtrend indicators in one indicator with sound allert?

Reason: