Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 11

pitch67:
Will be interested too!

Perhalps posting it in the regular forum could help?

We have a forum by the name Zig zag trading system developpement

Regards Pitch67

Hi,

The EA that uses ZigZag is GoldWarior. You can find it in the elite section.

Have a nice day

10-20 pips per day

Hi all

I found this strategy and it works well . The problem with this strategy is that it need to watch the market for long time , 9 hours every day, 15 pips per trade is a possible in 90% of times. I need the help to develop an EA that can work with this strategy , and i am sure that i am in the correct place.

Thanks

Files:
646.zip  5 kb

Hi,

Ok I unzipped and read your document.

I quote " ALWAYS TRADE IN THE DIRECTION OF THE TREND. (Use 1 Hour Chart To Determine Trend)

DO NOT TRADE COUNTER TREND."

Having quoted the above my only problem with your tactic is the vague notion of " always trade in the direction of the trend".....

How do we "alway"s determine if there is a trend????(I can mention 200 indicators for that...and they all mess up so much..).

With all do respect, this system is too vague.

As for coding the rules, well that is not a prob, but absent the proper "trend" signal per entry this would be a problematic ea.....Or the problem with most

experts.

Overall, Thank you for posting, but please present more robust data.

Yes some rules are unclear, for example:

"DO NOT TRADE IN SIDEWAYS TREND."

Who knows that exactly?

And why it should be estimated on H1 timeframe?

Because it is usually D1 or W1.

And it is like a probability: probably go long, or most probably go short ...

Anyway it may be good starting for some trading system.

Perfect EA

Ok, I believe that we are looking on the wrong direction for a while. Look:

1. There are many EA that have been profitable on some point.

2. There are many market conditions that make point 1 true.

3. We try to use the same EA for all market conditions.

4. The only way you never loose money is if you have hedging orders (preferentialy on the same currency)

So... What we need? A Perfect EA? now, my questions... Is possible to...

A) Make an EA that activate/deactivate other EA's?

B) Make an EA that "watch" several charts at a time?

C) Make an EA with other EA inside and decide witch one to use based on market conditions?

Let's start here. For you all to know, I'm not a fund manager, so I do not have much experience on this area, but I'm a project manager, so I can help leading this one. If anyone is interested we can begin to see what EA on What Market condition applies. Of course there must be somewhere some theoretical articles about this.

Kokas,

Your ideas are nice in theory but the problem lies with knowing what market conditions lie next and when. Sure, EAs can be developed which are optimal for specific market conditions but the problem lies in knowing what type of condition it will be and when it will occur. Even when the market is trending or moving sideways within a channel or simply flat, there are varying degrees of movement with each of those market conditions.

But I am willing to bet that someone out there has already been working on what you suggest. If only they were successful at in and willing to share their results would there then be interest in going forward in a public forum.

Alan

kokas:
Ok, I believe that we are looking on the wrong direction for a while. Look:

1. There are many EA that have been profitable on some point.

2. There are many market conditions that make point 1 true.

3. We try to use the same EA for all market conditions.

4. The only way you never loose money is if you have hedging orders (preferentialy on the same currency)

So... What we need? A Perfect EA? now, my questions... Is possible to...

A) Make an EA that activate/deactivate other EA's?

B) Make an EA that "watch" several charts at a time?

C) Make an EA with other EA inside and decide witch one to use based on market conditions?

Let's start here. For you all to know, I'm not a fund manager, so I do not have much experience on this area, but I'm a project manager, so I can help leading this one. If anyone is interested we can begin to see what EA on What Market condition applies. Of course there must be somewhere some theoretical articles about this.

I and Igorad are trying to develop this idea during the half a year already. But problem is the following: there are no any Portfolio Manager EA anywhere for free and nowhere for money as well. It does not exist yet. If we do it we will be the first.

We should do it step by step.

Step #1. Develop market condition indicator or script. We started to do it. Do you remember my posts in Ichimoku thread and in Digital Filters thread in public forum? Yes, the idea is to use Ichimoku and digital filters to forecast/predict the market condition. For D1, W1 and MN1 timeframes. And this indicator/script will post the files with market forecasting in /files folder for all the pairs. We started to do it. It will be published in elite section of course. But we will need a help from the members. Because it is not really easy to develop.

Step #2. We should sort all the EAs according to the market condition. If possible. So if we have 4 or 7 EAs sorted in this way finally it will be great. It is not easy as well because we should analyze all the market condition files posted by Market Condition indicator/script with forward statement of EAs for 6 months or 1 year. It is not really easy.

Step #3. And, finally, we should to develop one Portfolio Manager EA:

- to manage all the EAs in one or several Metatraders located on the same computer or located differently.

- to activate/deactivate EA's according to the market condition.

- to "watch" several charts/MetaTraders/computers at a time.

- to manage all EAs trading cooncerning profit, loss, equity, open the orders and so on.

- to generate the statements.

- to publish the results (by e-mail, on website and so on).

- to take any decision concerning EAs, open/close orders and so on according to the market condition.

kokas,

I am thinking about this idea about half a year already. Step #3 is not very difficult as we have a lot of library files and it may be done.

AlanD is right: the most difficult is to finish the Step #1.

It means that it is very difficult to start it because Portfolio Manager EA is nothing without Market Condition indicator.

Because Step #2 and Step #3 are just technical programming tasks. Step #2 is a lot of routine job and taking a long time. But Step #1 is something about forex and because of that Step #1 is the most difficult tast to implement.

I think we may use Ichimoku as true or false and digital filters as true and false as well in the settings of Market Condition indicator. We may use some others: patterns and so on. But I am comfortable with Ichimoku and digital filers more.

Because if we finish step #1, #2 and #3 so we will not need anything anymore. There ae a lot of EAs: very good EAs, notr very good, bad or very bad. We may use all of them.

Most easy is Step #3.

Most difficult is Step #1. Because there is some other point concerning Step #1: if somebody develops Market Condition indicator and posts it as ex4 so will we use it? I think no. We will not use it in this case. Because we will not believe that somebody estimated the market condition in right way. It is the same as we are putting all our money to somebody's decision fully relying on somebody's opinion.

We should see the code of Market Condition indicator and we should be agree with indicator's decision. Because it is the forex more than proramming.

As to the final Portfolio Manager EA so it may be ex4 file or mql4. Does not matter. Because it should be some library files or dll files as well.

Buy & Sell EA?

anyone have EA for buy & sell EA because I use service at NF , I will order more and under 10 pips so hard to entry the price , I would like to EA that can wait the price and quick entry not wait 10 pips ,

Thank all

MA of a bottom

Does anyone have an exponential or weighted moving average indicator that plots the price of the bottom of the body of a candlestick? As we all know sometimes this price indicates the open of a bar, sometimes it's close. Having an alert go off when there is a cross with another MA of close prices would be nice. Thanks!

Reason: