Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 14

Flipping Buy And Sell Parameters...

I have an EA that is a consistent loser. The equity curve shows a steady decline in all of my backtests. I want to modify the EA so that it sells when it would normally buy and buys when it would normally sell. Due to my limited knowledge of MQ4 language, I'm not able to do this so I was hoping someone could help me out. I'm well aware that you can't just take a losing system and flip the buy/sell parameters around to make it a winner. I just want to find out if this EA is a loser due to a bad strategy or transaction costs.

The EA is attached. It's one of Ron Thompson's EAs from the Yahoo MT4 group. I've been testing 30 min cable.

maybe you should try the most recent version of this EA, it is a consistend winner

That's easy, you need to find when the decision to go long or short is done

The code who take the decision to go sort or long is here:

if(Close[0]>bup+(BDistance*Point)) SELLme=true;

if(Close[0]<bdn-(BDistance*Point)) BUYme=true;

You simple need to invert the SELLme and BUYme order

The result will be the next:

if(Close[0]>bup+(BDistance*Point)) BUYme=true;

if(Close[0]<bdn-(BDistance*Point)) SELLme=true;

That's all

Anyway I attach the EA with the inverted code, now is your labor find if it will losse your money more fast or not.

How to add a time limit on an expert

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask how can I add a time limit on an Expert Advisor, so that it expires for example at end of October.

Thanx

fxtester:
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask how can I add a time limit on an Expert Advisor, so that it expires for example at end of October.

Thanx

This subject is developed and everybody can do it now.

Just all the links I have related to this subject:

- Codersguru article;

- How to LOCK/Encrypt EA.

Thanks Its done

Trend or Range

I was wondering what toos people use to determine if we are in a range bound area or trend, and when do we do it ?

Essentially, bankers use Daily charts and ADX to determine if we are in a trend or in a range :

From a recent book on trading, these are the params bankers use :

On Daily:

Adx < 20 = Range trading

Adx > 20 = Trend trading, RSI >50 Long, RSI <50 Short

And if we have a trend, bankers use sma's to determine the trend direction :

sma 10 cross of sma 20 ----> in relation to sma 100 (long or short).

How do you guys determine constnatly if we are at a trend or a range trading for each pair?

It seems to work ok for me but try this one instead and follow the links for tutorials.

http://www.iirgroup.com/pal/index.html

gordon

Reason: