Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 251

krelian99:
Oh, a post of mine :)  People who want to find trends are searching at the wrong place IMO. Where do trends start and end? At tops and bottoms, which often appears as consolidation or range markets. Actually, intraday one can earn more and easier pips in range markets than in trends. Trends are only the way to a new consolidation. When you can range markets, you also can swing trading and so you will have mastered trends one day. It is very difficult to make trading for a living only with indicators. Pros use PA as fundament and maybe indicators as confirmation, but this to learn needs time. One can do with indicators only, but this is IMO a even much harder way to learn - many many hours of trial and error and you must know the behavior and interplay of your indis very well. If you want to go this way, combine fast and slow indis till you have an orchestra that can say where the market most likely will move the next time. At the end, maybe you'll also have something to look for turning points of the market.
But i am more then 100% agree with you,that one needs to learn and sufficient knowledge of all required things belonging to trading,only i am afraid and worry about retailer who looking,searching and always asking for short way to success,and keep depending on others knowledge and recommendations,always fails and looser,don't forget you are going in the ring against big players.

mntiwana:

Krelian

I look it in different ways.

for any style trading,or to find and detect trend,you needs to have some thing like measuring,comparing and analyzing so then we take advantage of tools/indicators and the best tools available here in TSD.

in given picture you can see,it is trending for one and ranging for other,but you can use it as you want .... A few pips trender can take advantages of green/pale coloring and A bit bigger trender can take advantage of white/magenta coloring.

So, what is scalping for you? Some say there is no trend intraday. For me trends are Elliot Waves 1-5 and A-C. All this tf-gaggle is only blubb-blubb of the mass. On Monthly we have only range markets, otherwise it would be a catastrophe and Murray was wrong with his Math. And everyone knows range markets. Often sharp reversals with no higher Highs or/and lower Lows. That's why it is more clever to look for areas where price stay in and to wait for breakouts or to trade the mini-trends from high to low of the zone.

This is a range with a spread of 67 pips. The overlying swing was 390pips H-L for 3 days. Compare it to what you can make in the range easily and what you can do with trend indicator on the whole swing. And if you can range markets, you can normally also trends.

krelian99:

So, what is scalping for you? Some say there is no trend intraday. For me trends are Elliot Waves 1-5 and A-C. All this tf-gaggle is only blubb-blubb of the mass. On Monthly we have only range markets, otherwise it would be a catastrophe and Murray was wrong with his Math. And everyone knows range markets. Often sharp reversals with no higher Highs or/and lower Lows. That's why it is more clever to look for areas where price stay in and to wait for breakouts or to trade the mini-trends from high to low of the zone.

This is a range with a spread of 67 pips. The overlying swing was 390pips H-L for 3 days. Compare it to what you can make in the range easily and what you can do with trend indicator on the whole swing. And if you can range markets, you can normally also trends.

Honey man

you are right in every point of view,just i was trying to say,depends on users choice and playing criteria,how many pips he considering and then he/she can adjust him/her self accordingly,2 pips,50 pips,400 pips,for 400 pips lover trader all less than is ranging,lol.

regards

Hello MLADEN,

I would like to ask if there is any "pip counter" indicator for MT5 ? I didn't find any. Do you have one ?

Regards.

GannErik:

Hello MLADEN,

I would like to ask if there is any "pip counter" indicator for MT5 ? I didn't find any. Do you have one ?

Regards.

What is "pip counter"?

mladen:
What is "pip counter"?

Hello MLADEN,

Please see attached file as per example.

Regards.

Files:

Someone to please add a Take Profit, Stop Loss, Trailing Start, Trailing Stop, Order Comment, Magic Number and an option to exit with an opposite signal to these two EAs. Thanks in advance.
Files:
han.mq4  19 kb

Hello,

Is this possible to make histogram version of TCCI?

Files:
tccipro.mq4  5 kb

Happy New Year to ALL !!

Does anybody know if there is a TDI indicator which contains a histo for the difference between the RSI line and its MA, similarly to the stoch_mysimple.mq4, the one attached below (coming from here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178366)?

Another TDI question: is there a TDI-like indicator but with CCI instead of RSI? Is this possible at all?

Thanks in advance.

Files:

dabiel6:

Happy New Year to ALL !!

Does anybody know if there is a TDI indicator which contains a histo for the difference between the RSI line and its MA, similarly to the stoch_mysimple.mq4, the one attached below (coming from here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178366)?

Another TDI question: is there a TDI-like indicator but with CCI instead of RSI? Is this possible at all?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think that replacing rsi with cci would make the tdi usable (different nature of cci and rsi)
Reason: